What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

You don't say? In fact, it's the first time I've ever seen pink tea.

Pink tea originates from Kashmir, it is called Noon Chai in Pakistan. It is salty and sometimes with added pistachios or almonds.

I have tried Iranian food here from restaurants, I didn't like it very much the rice was bad. Iranian dishes tend to do this they'll put yellow rice over white rice to try and add flavor to the rice but it sucks. Also I feel a lot of these other countries have borrowed and downright transplant/copy cuisine ideas from Mughal cuisines. I mean we can all argue who made the first kebab we will get no where.

I've also tried Iranian food. I think we don't tend to like it very much because they are very simple, especially the rice you just described. We Pakistanis eat a lot of meat and they are often spicy with gravy.

In India I have tasted Irani chai in Bhopal they also add little bit of salt in tea but that is not like Pink tea as posted here.

That is Kashmiri tea from valley known as Nun-Chai.

I've also tried Iranian food. I think we don't tend to like it very much because they are very simple, especially the rice you just described. We Pakistanis eat a lot of meat and they are often spicy with gravy.

For the love of god, don't call it "gravy" it's called shorba, if you want to use a close English translation call it a "broth" but gravy is a stretch. As for your point yeah I found their food simplistic and less flavorful than ours, although again I'm no expert on their dishes just basing my opinion on my experience nor have I tried many "Iranian dishes" just a few.

Zabaan Nihari...never ever heard of it....it even sounds weird...

Beef Nali Nihari is the most traditional/famous Nihari...If cooked well...its really delicious.. In karachi you can get some really good nihari at restaurants

In Hyderabad Nihari is available but its not that popular like Biryani or Haleem (available during Ramadan).

Indian Food

Batatavada

batata-vada.jpg

Veg Samosa

samosa.jpg

Misal Pav

misal_pav1.jpg

Zunka Bhakri

051308kolata0002.JPG

Pav Bhaji

recipe-snacks-pav-bhaji2.jpg

Ukdiche Modak

ukadiche_modak_1.jpg

Note: Except veg samosa and pav bahji, rest are Maharashtrian dishes

Is someone from Hyderabad Deccan here? Plzz I want an "authentic" recipe of hyderabadi biryani.....I know I can look for hyderabadi biryani recipe from cooking websites..but it isnt really authentic.. So if someone is here from hyderabad deccan, plzz plzz ask ur mom or sis to give hyderbadi biryani recipe..one which is REALLY SPICY. I love extremely spicy food....It will be a HUGE favor to me...I really want to cook and try it...

@ Gigawatt
Are u from Hyderabad? Plz can you arrange me spicy hyderabadi biryani recipe?

I can send it to you , we have a great cook . give me a few days.

Back
Top Bottom