What's new

COAS warns Nawaz in covered words; Is this going somewhere?

Arey bhai. there are too many problems right now for pakistan. Why does Nawaz want to create a rift with the army? Why? What for?

Dont instigate the army. try to solve the major issues like terrorism and economy. Going after Sir Musharraf wont help defeat the terrorists or improve the economy. It will only antagonize the army which has not been good for Nawaz in the past.

But if he wants to be petty and go after Sir Musharraf. Then army has given him a veiled threat.
The PM may be over the COAS, but the COAS will really not care much for that, when he decides to take action.
Would you call him "Sir Musharaf" if he had murdered your family members at a mosque? I bet you would because you are a sell out and have absolutely no dignity.

I am not talking about Musharraf here. I am talking about Gen Raheel's, daring, statement and fetters and gags in the elected political government! If general Raheel was in US he would have been sacked by now. This political maturity is what we require!
Exactly, if politicians behave maturely, there is no need for military intervention.

Would you call him "Sir Musharaf" if he had murdered your family members at a mosque? I bet you would because you are a sell out and have absolutely no dignity.
Has anyone come back to claim even a single body buried "Amanatan", from Lal Masjid fiasco. Remember, mercenaries have no relatives. Media and politicians may say any thing, but fact remains, only terrorists were killed in Lal Masjid.
@batmannow

Exactly, if politicians behave maturely, there is no need for military intervention.

Has anyone come back to claim even a single body buried "Amanatan", from Lal Masjid fiasco. Remember, mercenaries have no relatives. Media and politicians may say any thing, but fact remains, only terrorists were killed in Lal Masjid.
@batmannow

By maturity i meant having ability to give shut up call to such generals who give even unnecessary statements! forget about military intervention..

Saad says ISPR remarks not linked with his anti-Musharraf diatribes

ISLAMABAD: Khawaja Saad Rafiq, federal minister for railways, has said that he endorses statement of army chief that dignity of institution of army must be preserved adding that it is not the duty of army chief only rather it is the duty of the whole nation to protect respect, prestige and pride of the institution of armed forces of Pakistan.

He said that in fact Musharraf is a person who has brought disrepute to the institution of army more than anyone else.

Talking to The News, Saad said that only those are negatively linking his statements with the ISPR’s who want save to Musharraf.

He said Musharraf is a politician and heads political party APML and his party workers, mostly lawyers, are playing dirty games to make institution of army controversial by making such linkages in their bid to save Musharraf.

Saad Rafiq said that his present point of view about Musharraf is same as it was in 2000, in 2002 or in 2008 and it will always remain same.

He alleged that Musharraf has brought a bad name to the institution of army and had defamed the institution. Saad said that in his statement he only discussed Musharraf and criticized his negative role of acting against the constitution of the country and institution of armed forces.

Saad said that the government and armed forces are on the same page on every issue and this specific issue of Musharraf has no link whatsoever with the institution of army or the government.

He added that the link of the government with Musharraf’s issue is limited to ECL.

He said that PML-N government considers that Musharraf’s name could not be excluded from the ECL as he is facing the allegations of treason, the most heinous crime described in the basic book of the country.

Saad says ISPR remarks not linked with his anti-Musharraf diatribes - thenews.com.pk

I am a Pakistani too. And yes, I think that the majority of Pakistanis are indeed democratic, peace loving and hard working people.

Hi,

A Donkey is a peace loving and hard working animal---. There is no harder working animal than the donkey----and look where it stands in the society----amongst the most stupid----.

For a nation---it is not enough to be peace loving and hard working----you have to fight for justice and equality----that ought o be the foremost criteria for a democratic nation. A nation that cannot fight for the justice and provide justice---is not worth being a nation----a constitution that does not enforce the rule of law and order and justice for the poor and the weak and the meek is not worth the paper it is written on.

And as for corruption----it is a cancer---the root cause of all evils in the society. For a nation to prosper---the corrupt need to be slaughtered alongwith their familes----for the ones they committed that crime for---and properties confiscated---. Corruption / Bakhsheesh destroys the foundation of the society---IT IS THE ULTIMATE CRIME.

Four issues:

1- free trade and visa policy with india issue
2- operation in NW
3- probably not being on board in dialogue; Ch Nisar and releasing taliban etc type of issues..
4- Musharraf treason trial.

1 - Not gonna happen if BJP comes to power and currently they have not given the MFN.
2 - What about it ?
3 - They are not alone. PTI, PPP, and JI etc are also in the league. Arguably, majority of Assembly is in favor of dialogue
4 - Cases such as 2007 Emergency and Removal of Judges have nothing to do with PML-N. Its between the Army and the Courts.

Last month, a Pakistani court indicted Musharraf on five counts of treason over his suspension of the constitution and imposition of emergency rule in 2007, when he was trying to extend his rule.

What about the suspension of the articles of the very same constitution describing what are the rights of the citizens?

What about the articles defining who can be member of Parliament, Prime Minister or President (dual nationality and merit and capabilities)?

No action against that, but for power and political vendetta suspension of constitution is a grave crime and punishable as per the same constitution.

Such talk from the army chief, General Raheel Sharif, the most powerful figure in Pakistan, is likely to raise concern about political intervention by the army, which would set back hopes for the development of democracy and civilian rule.

I am not supporting musharraf or military rule, but, development of the nation and raising the standard of living of the citizen under a military rule or dictatorship vs. misery under democracy and civilian rule. Choice is yours. Unless democracy is developing the nation and raising the standard of living of the common man.

By maturity i meant having ability to give shut up call to such generals who give even unnecessary statements! forget about military intervention..
A lot of waste in guts is needed for such daring action. Slave have extreme shortage of that.

If you choose not to believe in the Constitution, that is your choice. But you will be proven to be on the wrong side of history on this issue.
Right Answer One Line & Ignore the the Rest ... you have become quite the Expert in Trolling .. I have enough will people like you .. Cannot waste my time anymore .

I agree with him
Rhetoric cannot change anything. His courage is only in this forum, I am sure he wont be able to say anything to the Generals themselves as his file is quite heavy. If he was that courageous, why Interior Minister had to say that we cannot stop security agencies from their self defence, when TTP was pounded. Don't they fall under his ministry. All said and done, all these politicians die to develop relations with men in uniform, through friendship and matrimony.

Talking is easy. In my opinion his speech is further dividing the nation. A defence minister standing in NA and segregating Sindhi, Balochi, Punjabi, etc etc. He is in power, no need of these words, he can act to prove.

Corruption is a crime, but nullifying the Constitution is treason. Big Difference!

Nullifying the articles of the very same constitution about the rights of citizens and the development of the nation is also a treason against the nation as the oath to work for the nation and the citizen was taken under the very same constitution.

Saad says ISPR remarks not linked with his anti-Musharraf diatribes

ISLAMABAD: Khawaja Saad Rafiq, federal minister for railways, has said that he endorses statement of army chief that dignity of institution of army must be preserved adding that it is not the duty of army chief only rather it is the duty of the whole nation to protect respect, prestige and pride of the institution of armed forces of Pakistan.

He said that in fact Musharraf is a person who has brought disrepute to the institution of army more than anyone else.

Talking to The News, Saad said that only those are negatively linking his statements with the ISPR’s who want save to Musharraf.

He said Musharraf is a politician and heads political party APML and his party workers, mostly lawyers, are playing dirty games to make institution of army controversial by making such linkages in their bid to save Musharraf.

Saad Rafiq said that his present point of view about Musharraf is same as it was in 2000, in 2002 or in 2008 and it will always remain same.

He alleged that Musharraf has brought a bad name to the institution of army and had defamed the institution. Saad said that in his statement he only discussed Musharraf and criticized his negative role of acting against the constitution of the country and institution of armed forces.

Saad said that the government and armed forces are on the same page on every issue and this specific issue of Musharraf has no link whatsoever with the institution of army or the government.

He added that the link of the government with Musharraf’s issue is limited to ECL.

He said that PML-N government considers that Musharraf’s name could not be excluded from the ECL as he is facing the allegations of treason, the most heinous crime described in the basic book of the country.

Saad says ISPR remarks not linked with his anti-Musharraf diatribes - thenews.com.pk

Can someone please kick this fucktard in nuts and remind him that he is Minister of Railways, he don't have to worry about Ministry of Interior or Information Ministry. Just stick to your damn business, no?

I am a Pakistani too. And yes, I think that the majority of Pakistanis are indeed democratic, peace loving and hard working people.
Not true ... thats why mostly the total number of voters come out is between 30-45 % ... Pakistan army is still most reputated nation .. all the major progess is seen during army tenures ... no matter what the reason was for intervention .. but see the economy during 43 martial laws ... and compare it with the economy during the best democratic government .,

Can someone please kick this fucktard in nuts and remind him that he is Minister of Railways, he don't have to worry about Ministry of Interior or Information Ministry. Just stick to your damn business, no?

Saad Rafique is an old member of PML-N. Moreover, he has every right to speak as he was put in jail by Musharraf during coup days.

Don't worry, Railways is on track. Sometimes, PTI fan boys like you make yourself look really stupid.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom