What's new

COAS Bajwa, Saudi commander discuss regional security

@Khafee

Hi, Long time no see friend..

A few questions:

1. Is MBS still the de facto successor to the current King? (given the Yemen blunder).
- 'operation restoring hope' has gone on for 4.5 years, all it has achieved is mass human suffering and famine.

2. Will there be a call for a peace agreement between both sides in the near future?

3. Do you see a direct conflict with Iran brewing? And what do you predict will be the outcome..

4. How does the Saudi ruling establishment see UAE, after they withdrew from Yemen?

5. What was the purpose of Saudi command meeting our COAS?

Last edited:
Web Desk On Sep 30, 2019 Last Updated Sep 30, 2019
ispr-1-750x369.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Saudi Arabia’s military commander here on Monday called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa at General Headquarters (GHQ), said Inter-Services Public Relations.

According to the military’s media wing, matters of mutual interest, regional security, bilateral relations, matters of professional interest and other issues were came under discussion in the meeting.

Speaking on the occasion, COAS Bajwa reaffirmed Pakistan Army’s cooperation in training and capacity building of Royal Saudi Army.

During the meeting, the Saudi military commander hailed profession expertise of Pakistan Army and its role in war against terrorism, said ISPR.

Upon arrival at the GHQ, the visiting dignitary laid a floral wreath at Yadgar-e-Shuhada and was presented guard of honour by a smartly-turned out contingent.

Read More: Saudi assistance defence minister meets COAS, discusses security cooperation

Earlier on April 23, Saudi Arabia’s Assistance Minister of Defence Muhammad Bin Abdullah Al-Ayesh had called on Chief or Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa at General Headquarters.

The military’s media wing had said that During the meeting views were exchanged on issues of mutual interest including defence and security cooperation between both the countries.

They also discussed the overall regional security situation, the statement had read.

https://arynews.tv/en/coas-saudi-commander-regional-security/

Interesting that this meeting came on the heels of this event

Yemen war: Houthi rebels claim to capture thousands of Saudi troops in major border offensive
Saudi officials yet to confirm if assault near nation’s border took place

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ia-attack-border-capture-najran-a9125771.html

Bajwa is saying

"See, we told you it was dum, where are those fcking Emirates now"
emirates r in yemen beating the hell out of houthis.
bajwa knows whts on stake here.
and btw emirate is not enemy but family not even friends they r family

Interesting that this meeting came on the heels of this event

Yemen war: Houthi rebels claim to capture thousands of Saudi troops in major border offensive
Saudi officials yet to confirm if assault near nation’s border took place

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ia-attack-border-capture-najran-a9125771.html

u again buddy

You are confusing Yemeni govt forces for Saudis.

I guess you could be right because I dont know Arabic, but many international media outlets are confirming the soldiers to be indeed Saudis even including DAWN.

I am quoting this directly from DAWN:
""Houthi-run al-Masirah TV broadcast images of armoured vehicles hit by blasts and what the Houthis said were dozens of surrendering fighters. Two of those men, speaking to the camera, said they were from Saudi Arabia""

I saw the video and found that they were using the phrase ''Anaa Saudia".

my point sir, is that Pakistan will not indulge it self in someone else's war but rather act as a extinguisher. Saudi army is clearly on back foot, I am sure gen saab is there to mediate because Pakistan cant afford rising oil prices.
its state's resolution that we must avoid any war thats it.
Well, what my limited understanding is that if KSA especially Hijaz comes under attack then Pakistan will intervene but right now we are in a difficult situation.. however if we put some condition very clearly and those are met, then we should help them.

No support on Kashmir, no joy buddy.

It didn't take long to come to senses, isn't it.

In any case, brutal and cold geopolitics from Pakistani point of view, efforts and energy spend towards GCC has come to the point of diminishing returns.

Below however is the future. No sectarian BS, no historical luggage, win win situation for all!

No support on Kashmir, no joy buddy.

It didn't take long to come to senses, isn't it.

In any case, brutal and cold geopolitics from Pakistani point of view, efforts and energy spend towards GCC has come to the point of diminishing returns.

Below however is the future. No sectarian BS, no historical luggage, win win situation for all!

agreed at bold but I hope others will follow soon.

I heard in news about a day ago that MBS is ready for peace talks with Iran, either its true or false I hope the region finally get back together, I hate how two nations using Islam for geopolitics and personal wars, If Pakistan or Turkey or Malaysia or even all of them together put some sense into both parties which results in the ending of war than I am up for Pakistan's role .

Long time ago I did mention that Pakistan should send a peace keeping force in Yemen to provide Humanitarian aid to kids/Women and elderly . We need to create multiple bases where we should provide Food, shelter , treatment of wounded and even education to the kids there, but that can only achieve if all parties accept Pakistani forces as mediators not as some Sunni Invading force .

Web Desk On Sep 30, 2019 Last Updated Sep 30, 2019
ispr-1-750x369.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Saudi Arabia’s military commander here on Monday called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa at General Headquarters (GHQ), said Inter-Services Public Relations.

According to the military’s media wing, matters of mutual interest, regional security, bilateral relations, matters of professional interest and other issues were came under discussion in the meeting.

Speaking on the occasion, COAS Bajwa reaffirmed Pakistan Army’s cooperation in training and capacity building of Royal Saudi Army.

During the meeting, the Saudi military commander hailed profession expertise of Pakistan Army and its role in war against terrorism, said ISPR.

Upon arrival at the GHQ, the visiting dignitary laid a floral wreath at Yadgar-e-Shuhada and was presented guard of honour by a smartly-turned out contingent.

Read More: Saudi assistance defence minister meets COAS, discusses security cooperation

Earlier on April 23, Saudi Arabia’s Assistance Minister of Defence Muhammad Bin Abdullah Al-Ayesh had called on Chief or Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa at General Headquarters.

The military’s media wing had said that During the meeting views were exchanged on issues of mutual interest including defence and security cooperation between both the countries.

They also discussed the overall regional security situation, the statement had read.

https://arynews.tv/en/coas-saudi-commander-regional-security/
We are fighting two front war and not free Saudi should borrow some troops from India for his safety and strengthen his relation with India

Saudis are being slaughtered on the southern border. Yemenis have been uploading videos where they are destroying Saudi APCs and IFVs by anti tank missiles. You can see multiple Saudis surrendering to the apparently untrained Yemenis who are fighting with bare feet. Saudi Arabia has lost all power and will to fight and sustain hardships due to prolonged life of luxury.
Pretty accurate. Saudis are taking military humiliation in the Middle east. Saudis arent the only ones in that boat.
I'm really concerned about the reason of Saudi commander visit.
I'm also worried. My suspicion is that Saudis are requesting either 1)requesting deployment of Pakistani soldiers to Saudi Arabia or/and 2) Negotiating a deal to allow Saudi proxies strike Iran through Balochistan/some other route. I feel bad for Saudis tbh. They're incompetence and losses have humiliated them imo. They cant save themselves, and US cant save them either. US isnt even willing to risk 1 man for any GCC country due to conflict with or protection from Iran.

The family that is in bed with Modi
and family members kill and betray other family members too..

He's distracting from the main issue - Gulf Arabs are very divided now. KSA+ GCC fell out with Qatar. KSA fell out with UAE on Yemen and maybe Iran. KSA and UAE dont trust Oman fully. Egypt is looking inwards these days. SOmeone on PDF told us the 1 trillion Arab diaspora is the strongest on the planet, but politically they are very divided and fractured. ANd lets face and accept it- The Yemen war has drained Saudis and GCC. So a fresh Iran is still ready for its azz kicking and there are no takers, because they've spent their energy on distractions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom