What's new

CM-400AKG: Pakistan's supersonic carrier killer

@Aeronaut are you sure about the detonation altitude for EMP generation? Because last time I heard it had to be hundreds of kilometers high so that the neutrons could react with the upper atmospheric layer or something like that.

Nuclear weapons are known to be used to generate EMPs by high-altitude air-bursts.

Use of nuclear bomb will change the whole game, it will allow India to go nuclear on Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aeronaut are you sure about the detonation altitude for EMP generation? Because last time I heard it had to be hundreds of kilometers high so that the neutrons could react with the upper atmospheric layer or something like that.

Tests carried out in the US displayed devastating results if a nuclear device was to be exploded over any continent starting from 30-kms and above. That is for attacking an entire continent. However EMP is generated in EVERY nuclear blast, but its affects on the ground get reduced. I was having an argument with Rampage about Tactical EMP which can be created through a nuclear blast on lower altitude and other technologies being researched like a non nuclear tactical EMP device can be carried in a cruise missile, the missile will loiter over the target area surgically delivering EMP voltage to pin point targets. That technology is yet not operational however.

@Agnostic_Indian Pakistan does possess strategic EMP capability, all nuclear states do. However tactical EMP device doesn't exist yet.

Use of nuclear bomb will change the whole game, it will allow India to go nuclear on Pakistan.

No one will die as a result of an EMP attack, the target country or continent will just go back to the stone age without any physical destruction,especially industrialised countries where people are detached from life skills for survival and cannot live without electronic devices dictating their lives.

Only if there are casualties related to the strike. An upper atmospheric thermonuclear reaction to cripple any naval battle armada can not be construed as a Nuclear attack especially as the EMP is not considered harmful to humans.

No one will die as a result of an EMP attack, the target country or continent will just go back to the stone age without any physical destruction,especially industrialised countries where people are detached from life skills for survival and cannot live without electronic devices dictating their lives.

I can get an SAS survival guide in pretty much any bookstore or even library.... and the combination of economic crisis and dislike of mass agriculture has spurred urban agriculture.
John "Lofty" Wiseman's SAS Survival Guide - definitive guide to surviving any situation, anywhere in the world. Now on android!
Urban Agriculture: A Guide to Container Gardens

I can get an SAS survival guide in pretty much any bookstore or even library.... and the combination of economic crisis and dislike of mass agriculture has spurred urban agriculture.
John "Lofty" Wiseman's SAS Survival Guide - definitive guide to surviving any situation, anywhere in the world. Now on android!
Urban Agriculture: A Guide to Container Gardens

Manuals come in handy but in a situation of anarchy everyone doing the same thing will be disastrous.

Do you know much about tactical EMP?

Only if there are casualties related to the strike. An upper atmospheric thermonuclear reaction to cripple any naval battle armada can not be construed as a Nuclear attack especially as the EMP is not considered harmful to humans.

60 km is within pak territorial waters ,in effect u will irradiate pak seas permanently for a long time.
Second no indian surface battle group will get that close,they will stay around 200 km off.[enough range for missiles]
Third as of now even USA considers EMP a nuclear strike and india has stated nuke doctrine.
4rth and most important of all,no one has the tech for CONTROLLED EMP BLAST,there is no such thing atm.Thats why ussr and usa didn't build any such weapons though idea has been around.

Reaching up to Indian carriers is almost impossible, you can see my arguments with secur regarding this.

for such an EMP explosion one needs to have specially designed nuclear weapons, otherwise it wouldn't be much effective, as of now we have no relevant info about Pakistan having such bombs.
second .
Our nuclear policy is simple, use of nuclear weapons small or big, inside or outside of our territory against our forces will be dealt with missive nuclear response, ball is on Pakistans court now whether to take such risk by going nuclear.

60 km is within pak territorial waters ,in effect u will irradiate pak seas permanently for a long time.
Second no indian surface battle group will get that close,they will stay around 200 km off.[enough range for missiles]
Third as of now even USA considers EMP a nuclear strike and india has stated nuke doctrine.
4rth and most important of all,no one has the tech for CONTROLLED EMP BLAST,there is no such thing atm.Thats why ussr and usa didn't build any such weapons though idea has been around.

It is not my opinion that NASR would be used for such a strike. If such an attack ever takes place, it will never be against IN as IN can be dealt with in other, non-strategic, ways. The only real target I can ever think of for such an attack woul be the US Battle Armada.

Furthermore, I do not think any country would give a **** of what any other country considers of EMP attack especially at the desperate hour of resorting to such an attack. Finally, is it not possible that all Nuclear countries hold weapons of which we are not aware?

Reaching up to Indian carriers is almost impossible, you can see my arguments with secur regarding this.

for such an EMP explosion one needs to have specially designed nuclear weapons, otherwise it wouldn't be much effective, as of now we have no relevant info about Pakistan having such bombs.
second .
Our nuclear policy is simple, use of nuclear weapons small or big, inside or outside of our territory against our forces will be dealt with missive nuclear response, ball is on Pakistans court now whether to take such risk by going nuclear.

Personally, I do not think that we need any strategic weapon to counter the IN. We have ample ways to 'defend' our coastline.

It is not my opinion that NASR would be used for such a strike. If such an attack ever takes place, it will never be against IN as IN can be dealt with in other, non-strategic, ways. The only real target I can ever think of for such an attack woul be the US Battle Armada.

Furthermore, I do not think any country would give a **** of what any other country considers of EMP attack especially at the desperate hour of resorting to such an attack. Finally, is it not possible that all Nuclear countries hold weapons of which we are not aware?

When even laser tech is getting out u think something like EMP,the us wouldn't master it if it could.During cold war massive military spending but none of the superpowers tried,there is no weapon capable fo producing controlled EMP blast atm.
Also remains to be seen how accurate the blast will have to be to be effective.

When even laser tech is getting out u think something like EMP,the us wouldn't master it if it could.During cold war massive military spending but none of the superpowers tried,there is no weapon capable fo producing controlled EMP blast atm.
Also remains to be seen how accurate the blast will have to be to be effective.

Tactical EMP isn't exactly easy to develop,however the US is working on tactical EMP so are other nations.

Here is a model of Tomahawk cruise missile with an non nuclear EMP warhead.

EMP4.GIF

"BGM-109 "TOMAHAWK" equipped with EMG warheads would be aimed at enemy electronics

In military form, the EMG is a conventional warhead that produces a magnetic pulsed field equal to a small nuclear bomb. EMGs can knock out computers, radios, radars and fry a wide variety of electronic devices.

The U.S. version, an EMG warhead equipped Tomahawk cruise missile, was considered by the Clinton administration for "non-lethal" strikes against Serbian radar and command posts. Russian versions vary but two have been openly developed for Speznatz (special forces) operations, a backpack EMG and a grenade sized EMG."

Tests carried out in the US displayed devastating results if a nuclear device was to be exploded over any continent starting from 30-kms and above. That is for attacking an entire continent. However EMP is generated in EVERY nuclear blast, but its affects on the ground get reduced. I was having an argument with Rampage about Tactical EMP which can be created through a nuclear blast on lower altitude and other technologies being researched like a non nuclear tactical EMP device can be carried in a cruise missile, the missile will loiter over the target area surgically delivering EMP voltage to pin point targets. That technology is yet not operational however.

@Agnostic_Indian Pakistan does possess strategic EMP capability, all nuclear states do. However tactical EMP device doesn't exist yet.

As I read, this strategic nuclear bombs must be modified to be effective when used for EMP BURST, nuclear bombs as it is wouldn't be that effective compared to modified versions.

As I read, this strategic nuclear bombs must be modified to be effective when used for EMP BURST, nuclear bombs as it is wouldn't be that effective compared to modified versions.

Modification = Miniaturization [Tactical Nukes] packed with HE.

radar does not have to guide the missile in either case, particularly when the missile has on-board seeker that activates during flight trajectory. Active guidance is the name of the game here.

Unfortunately, no videos yet as far as i know :(

When you do not know anything how this kind of missile works than why do not you keep quite and protect yourself from being exposed?

Back
Top Bottom