What's new

CM-400AKG: A tough job for the Indian Navy

Is it possible? @gambit, Is it possible to have a lock with help of AWACS? Does Pakistan has this capability? if not by when Pakistan can have this capability?

Let me elaborate the question: AWACS has 500KM detection range and 300Km locking range (if any), can a fighter (F22 with locking range 200Km (assumption)) lock from 300Km and fire the missile?

Which country has this technology?
If by 'lock' you mean using the AWACS's signals? Then no.

The best we can do AT THIS TIME is to use AWACS signals, or more precisely, signals that came from the AWACS and reflected off the target to provide directional guidance. It means that if the missile is capable enough, it will be able to use those reflected signals to give itself general direction of the target, then when the missile senses that those reflected signals are getting more and more compressed (closer) by virtue of the Doppler effect, it will turn on its own radar, if so equipped, and it will uses its own signals to provide that 'lock'.

homing.jpg

In the 'semi-active' mode of operation, the 'radar' signal can come from any source, the parent launch aircraft or an AWACS. A lot of misses, or poor probability of kill (pk), came from this design. Too many factors an affect the source signals that produces those reflected signals, from distance to atmospheric interference to complete loss because the source stopped transmitting.

The 'active' mode of operation, the missile uses its own radar and there are great advantages here. For one, reflected signals have far less angular displacement than if they came from a different direction like in the 'semi-active' design. For another, the Doppler effect is best for proximity fusing because as bodies gets closer to each other, Doppler frequency increases, telling the missile that it is closing in on the target.

Combine the two and you have an example of how an external source like an AWACS can provide general directional guidance until the missile believe, by design, that it can take on the target by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all the Indian boasting about hypersonic Brahmos, all China had to do was give hypersonic anti-ship missiles to Pakistan. Now India is humiliated.

Dont worry , soon you will find South china sea having supersonic 300 km anti ship missiles after 3-4 years .when all indian ships , army armed with it.

then your ships will be sitting ducks and you ship will not dare to came close to 300 km from Vietnam forget ruling south china sea.

Now thats called humiliation .

Humiliating India is our specialty :coffee:

Like your govt. news paper feel humiliated when india visited japan , or when indian ship travel in south china sea ;)

Your news paper didnt told what happened after they warn india ship not drill in south china sea; )

All ballistic missiles are hyper-sonic so there is no big deal that this missile has hyper-sonic speeds. The fact that this missile is developed to target navel vessels makes it unique. As such systems which could be carried by aircraft were not available in the subcontinent. Judging by the speed of the missile it will take roughly 3 mins to cover 240 KM.

Too little is known about this missile to speculate anything right now but it surely will be a new challenge for India to tackle.

All ballistic missiles are hyper-sonic so there is no big deal that this missile has hyper-sonic speeds. The fact that this missile is developed to target navel vessels makes it unique. As such systems which could be carried by aircraft were not available in the subcontinent. Judging by the speed of the missile it will take roughly 3 mins to cover 240 KM.

Too little is known about this missile to speculate anything right now but it surely will be a new challenge for India to tackle.

Agreed - the missile's speed (i.e. propulsion) is not unique - what will be interesting is to understand how China is planning to track ACC targets and guide the missile to them. Terminal guidance for ballistic missiles have never been very accurate.

Does any knowledgable junta have info on the CEP of AKG? From what i understand, Indian ballistic missiles usually have far better CEP than Chinese ones.

Traveling at hypersonic speeds in terminal phase would leave little room for correction of path. The missile needs to line up with the target much earlier as any sudden corrections will reduce the speed as air is much denser at sea level! This could be the only vulnerability of such system. But then there will be very less reaction time to stop it.

I think this missile system must be much much cheaper than brahmos 2. So developing a weapon of this category should be welcomed.

How can this system pierce three level of air defence system of C.B.G. with range of 100 km.

Bro you are confused about this missile, This is not chiniese Carrier killer ballistsic missile. Its Air-to-Ground/Ship missile.

This is just an ballistic missile launched from an Aircraft. It will light up like diwali rockets on all radar screens on the Navy's ships. It is not a cruise missile like brahmos which is a stealthy ground hugging missile. It's just a cheap asss missile with questionable chinese components, for pisss poor PAF. perfect combi!

And no, you cannot guide a missile using an C band or L band radar onboard an AWACS. You need X band Radar onboard fighters to get a lockon.

Bro can you care to explain bold part?

Nice discussion, Lot of information i got from this thread...

Some time d!ck measuring thread too yield beautiful information..

Last edited by a moderator:
leme tell you 1 thing even right now f22 Can You use b1 lancers radar and its missile to attack on targets i think this gives you your answer

whats your point ????????

Do you have F22 i was asking a simple question ....tell me how your JF17 gonna come at leats 100-150 miles near a indian CBG to launch your super dupar CM-400AKG withowt bieng detected and destroyed & how are you going to use your AWACS to guide missiles at us ....please do answer me that instead of asking silly questions and dreaming about F22 when you dont have the money even to fly your F16 to there potential

1.about the first part well sir thatsthe point which pakistanies dont want to beleave but there is no AWACS on earth that can guide a AA or AS or AG missile to its target while its launched from the other platform

AWACS job is to detect and track any target and alert & share information with the air based and land based offensive platforms its job is not to guide missiles

2.well we indians dont pull owt a gun and start fighting when things are not going as planned we use diplomacy and other methods like we used it against pakistan and musharraf had to close down all the terror camps in pakistan and stop active support to these people care to take a look there my point was how will you attack owr sea based assets without bieng detected and destroyed by owr assets first and your not the onli one to have such capabilities to my knowledge we have better and in bigger qwantity than you

3. well same applies with Bhramos tell me how much time it will take bharmos to get to its target (all your asstes are 150-200Km's from indian borders) and how much time your asstes will take to reach indian targets and the opposition both have to face

agreed the pakistani navy is no match for brahmos and indian navy, we are concentrating on the missile right now, the SAMs that india has on its ships have a range of either 30-35km(shivalik) or 70km(kolkata), that is not very long now is it? and the launching platform can not b destroyed by these SAMs

agreed the pakistani navy is no match for brahmos and indian navy, we are concentrating on the missile right now, the SAMs that india has on its ships have a range of either 30-35km(shivalik) or 70km(kolkata), that is not very long now is it? and the launching platform can not b destroyed by these SAMs
Thanks thats better but dude i cant tell much but be rest assured we have SAMS of at least 75KMs range on almost all owr major warships+ pretty soon we will have Barak 8 and not to forget the indian Mig 29's on owr Crrriers which have a range of over 1200 miles withowt extrafeul tanks & there radars can detect & track your JF17 from at least 150 miles + ASEA radars are in pipe line also so is the latest SR, MR & LR SAMS bieng developed with Isreali & french help + owr ships will have an umbrella of AWACS as of now we have the heli born ones soon there will be crrier based & Land based fixed winged ones too + we are already in process of aquiring P8 & some new Phalcons which will be for naval use ...tell me how after al this you are going to come at least 150 miles to safli guide the chinese CM-400 AKG to its target

Back
Top Bottom