What's new

Clinton Warns Pakistan of "severe consequences."

IMHO, the follies of your arguement

1. Over estimation of Pakistan's nuclear status. Doesnt mean squat to USA. You dont have a delivery mechanism to hit them. As a matter of fact its much more easy for US to hit Pakistan than it was to hit iraq.

2. Overestimation of your relations with China. China will never (atleast next 20 years or so) raise a finger to protect Pakistan from USA. The most important thing for China is its economy and it will never endanger it by going up against USA. Pakistan is a tool for China against India and that's pretty much it..In USA China equation, Pakistan has no place or role..
HI
T-Faz has summed it well, but to add a few more

many of you are under the impression that Pakistani BM's are of Chinese origin, then in this case what makes you say that Pakistan will not have a DF-21 variant? you are also ignoring the submarine factor its a huge debate but research on it and then you will know what i mean.

not only Pakistan can inflict heavy damage on US forces in Afghanistan but also in Iraq, China supporting Pakistan against India is just your subjective judgment of this relation, for China access to middle east is very significant and China cannot lose this doorway to middle east to the Americans, Proof Gawadar. i hate to break it to you but India is on the least priority for China when it comes to Pakistan's geographical proximity to Arabian sea.

Americans are most welcome. Get Pak Army out of tribal areas and invite the erstwhile Gen McChrystal to try his luck.

HI
T-Faz has summed it well, but to add a few more

many of you are under the impression that Pakistani BM's are of Chinese origin, then in this case what makes you say that Pakistan will not have a DF-21 variant? you are also ignoring the submarine factor its a huge debate but research on it and then you will know what i mean.

not only Pakistan can inflict heavy damage on US forces in Afghanistan but also in Iraq, China supporting Pakistan against India is just your subjective judgment of this relation, for China access to middle east is very significant and China cannot lose this doorway to middle east to the Americans, Proof Gawadar. i hate to break it to you but India is on the least priority for China when it comes to Pakistan's geographical proximity to Arabian sea.

China has vast costline and its industries are developed on eastern side. They don't need pakistan for export and import.

USA only needs pakistan for its supply in afghanistan. To be frank if no WOT, no one cares about pakistan.

Look at the debt crisis last year in pakistan. Now similar debt crisis on Greece.

USA will outsource the supply to china? Pakistan has 2 masters.

Paisa pheko aur tamasha dekho..:rofl::rofl:

What does that mean. The shortest supply lines are through pakistan alone. China cant do anything, hell they want to use pakistani roads so that they can develop the north-western and western part of china.
Next time before making an argument think it through first.

No problem with boots we also wear boots , every one wears boots :coffee:

Whats your point , if you mean US armed men in Pakistani soil I doubt it ... :pakistan:

They are welcomed to come have tea and buscuits as we are allies and lets keep it such

the well come which these yanks will get in pakistan will be thousands of time better then they got in iraq or afghanistan. thats why i dont think they will dare.
they will instigate india to do their job but india i dont think is so stupid to do any thing which ultimately will shatter its dream of baharat versha for another 1000 years

we dont need another war in pakistan.

my question is why is it that the us needs a military solution to everything.

is there any nation in history who has used violence at every opportunity?

US is an empire. its also a vampire
it needs blood, human blood. no empire in history shed so much blood which it did
it droped A Bomb on japan to test it , although japs had agreed to surrender

it played and is playing bloody game in latin america.

all world is victim of its imperialism not just muslims

Most welcome. Let them have a taste of it. They have no idea what they are asking for? Taliban in our country are more vicious than Afghan taliban. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
American army is unable to win battle in Afghanistan. What difference can they make in Pakistan? They will never invade Pak to create another battle ground. Infact they are giving such type of statements just to pressurize our army.

Last edited:
US wont attack Pakistan
1)u have a democratically elected goverment
2)nukes
am not mentioning about china
Most probably some economic and military sanctions to put pressure on Pakistan

I m not offensive but see wt PAK ex army men says

I think Pakistan in the past overestimated the permanence of its value to USA (during USSR era in Afghanistan) and is making the same mistake again. Once US is out of Afg, there is really no value that Pakistan will hold for USA from a WOT perspective. See Iraq now..

About chest thumping, I guess thats something common to the whole subcontinent with the talks of Islamic bomb and so on..
One should just hope that one never has to find out how serious the lady is while making this statement. Being wrong on this one may not be very pleasent for Pakistan

i guess you ignored the fact that the US is exiting Afghanistan and its critical need of Pakistan to cooperate in that sphere,With Iran being a hostile state and Russia actively engaged in CAR domination frenzy,Pakistan is the only country which can somehow provide the US a gateway to CAR,so its Importance to US interests can in noway be underestimated,As goes for India,No country in this world not even Pakistan can progress without having better and friendly ties with India, India has much much more to offer Economically and strategically to the US in the long term,Plus the US interest of containing China military which cant be expected from Pakistan. So Both India and Pakistan have their importance for US.
I disagree with your analysis that after exiting Afghanistan, Pakistan would have no importance to US, and your comments regarding the HC's grave consequences for Pakistan, Its an empty threat with no real basis,They know who would benefit more by leaving Pakistan,The current expansion of a US embassy in Pakistan dosent points to a scenario where Pakistan could be of no worth to US..!!!

wrong , on one hand they point finger on Pakistan for terrorism .

second hand they are providing the money and weapon to fund same terrorist taking on india,

she sound mindless talking about these region,

american cant decide who to support and whom not to.

Whether on '60 Minutes' or not, Clinton had to say something very strong at some prominent public forum for the consumption of domestic audience. Don't forget that Barack Obama's administration is constantly being (wrongly) accused of being soft on 'national security'. So the context is always very important.
And she left it intentionally open about 'serious consequences' for whom? I don't think she wanted to or meaning to say for Pakistan. The US administration has spent a lot of energy in past several months to make some inroads in Pakistani civil and military power players. Undoing all that because of a 'lone wolf' failed attack where everything, even the stock market, was back to normal in 1-2 days would be an over-reaction and counter-productive. Come on! Think through what would a direct assault against, say, the ISI headquarters mean? Nothing good could come out of that for Americans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom