What's new

Clinton Warns Pakistan of "severe consequences."

Normally i don't reply to kids since its waste of both time and forum bandwidth but let me ask you a question here What exactly will happen? Please enlighten us all.

Thanks

Listen Sir... I am not sure if it make sense to take on US lightly....There is a reason they are in AF and spending billions of $$$... which is, they are very paranoid about their security and don't mind converting cities to rubbles if that is what required to make them safe....

History tells us any attack on US soil has been responded with military actions....As of now they are already violating your country Air Space by sending in Drones to attack.... Now there are lot of theories that this is happening with your Administration Approval but atleast on the facade they object to it....So saying that any succesful terror attack on US would not result in some sort of ground action would be too bold a statement to make...They will have to do something that shows a tangible action(succesful or not) against any such attack which can be

- Economic Sanctions against Pakistan
- Declaring Pakistan a terror state
- Military Action against Terrorist

To my mind third option would suit their Agenda...and first two would be used as a threat to ensure third one goes through smoothly

Mind it i did not put one option which is best one
- Asking Pakistan to ensure these terror outfits are annihilated

However aren't they already doing so??? What different you guys can do then what you are already doing??? and if you can why are you not doing it right away....Some of these questions refrain me from making it a possible option in case there is a successful or for that matter unsuccessful attack in US being traced back to Pakistan...

Listen Sir... I am not sure if it make sense to take on US lightly....There is a reason they are in AF and spending billions of $$$... which is, they are very paranoid about their security and don't mind converting cities to rubbles if that is what required to make them safe....

History tells us any attack on US soil has been responded with military actions....As of now they are already violating your country Air Space by sending in Drones to attack.... Now there are lot of theories that this is happening with your Administration Approval but atleast on the facade they object to it....So saying that any succesful terror attack on US would not result in some sort of ground action would be too bold a statement to make...They will have to do something that shows a tangible action(succesful or not) against any such attack which can be

- Economic Sanctions against Pakistan
- Declaring Pakistan a terror state
- Military Action against Terrorist

To my mind third option would suit their Agenda...and first two would be used as a threat to ensure third one goes through smoothly

Mind it i did not put one option which is best one
- Asking Pakistan to ensure these terror outfits are annihilated

However aren't they already doing so??? What different you guys can do then what you are already doing??? and if you can why are you not doing it right away....Some of these questions refrain me from making it a possible option in case there is a successful or for that matter unsuccessful attack in US being traced back to Pakistan...

You missed the purpose of my post, i specifically mentioned 2 things in response to two different people first what would happen once the aid stops and second once it does what impact will it have on Pakistan as per Indian members, Pakistan wont even survive without aid.

Now let me answer your questions one by one
1) Economic sanctions: Will not cripple us as we have suffered them before and can suffer them again. No need for me to repeat the history lessons.
2) Declared Pakistan a terrorist state: wont happen as it needs security council approval and China will veto it.
3)Military action: Apart from the drone attacks which by the way happens with the consent of both countries, any further the US goes will result in a severe retaliation by Pakistan as happened in the past when US special forces attempted an attack on a village leaving many civilians dead.

Last edited:
Clinton should be more worry about Afghanistan. Not only Taliban but drug money too which is going in USA pocket.

When was last time USA arrested any Pakistani wanted terrorists in Afghanistan ? That show what USA realy wants.

You missed the purpose of my post, i specifically mentioned 2 things in response to two different people first what would happen once the aid stops and second once it does what impact will it have on Pakistan as per Indian members, Pakistan wont even survive without aid.
Well i do not think situation will be that grim however one can also not ignore the fact that you needed IMF bail out....Anyways let me share my thoughts on points...

Now let me answer your questions one by one
1) Economic sanctions: Will not cripple us as we have suffered them before and can suffer them again. No need for me to repeat the history lessons.
2) Declared Pakistan a terrorist state: wont happen as it needs security council approval and China will veto it.
3)Military action: Apart from the drone attacks which by the way happens with the consent of both countries, any further the US goes will result in a severe retaliation by Pakistan as happened in the past when US special forces attempted an attack on a village leaving many civilians dead.

This is exactly what i am challenging....Let me share my thoughts as per points...

1) Sorry to say but this is wishful thinking...What do you mean by "we have suffered them before and we can suffer them again"....Firstly you yourself is saying that you suffered during the time sanctions were put on...Secondly you are already assuming that sanctions would be lifted....whereas unless and until you don't agree to US terms you are going to be under Sanctions...Not only that it would be followed by Arms embargo and what not...Thirdly are'nt you missing India here??? At the time when her economy is booming, all the major defence dealers(Russia, US, Israel, EU) lining to sell state of art weapons it is suicide for Pakistan to come under any economic sanctions...

PAF has already lost a decage due to last Arms embargo viz-a-viz IAF and anything more would definitely be a deathning blow to your Parity....

2) Here you are relying on Chinese Veto...Not that i am implying that you all weather friend won't come in to help however just to given you an example China did not supported you stand during Kargil and when it comes to terrorism the pressure would be immense on them.... I must say you need to have steel balls to oppose a group consisting of both US and Russia...I hope you agree....

3) Already said that on the facade your Parliament opposes these attacks...So for a common man these are happening without the consent of your political class...Anyways did you just said that You would retaliate against Armed Offensive by America?? I am sure you know about their capabilities....Sir with all due respect we are just third world contries and not even in our dreams can win an armed conflict against Americans...Any retaliation against Americans means long term destruction followed by years of instabality....

It would better to join them and get rid of terrorist who are hell bent of bringing Pakistan to the verge of collapse instead of retaliating to American onslaught.....please don't mind but such talks about retaliation make sense when the opposing Party is India but when American's are your opposing party either agree with them or be ready to become another Iraq....

Mr Faisal Shahzad is not Pakistani

Source

Faisal Shahzad is not Pakistani: FM
Updated at: 2232 PST, Sunday, May 09, 2010
KARACHI: Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi Sunday said Faisal Shahzad, the man involved in failed attack at Times Squre, is not a Pakistani but a naturalised American citizen.

In an interview when asked to comment on reports of recovery of two Pakistani passports from Faisal Shahzad, Qureshi said: “I will have to check. I am not aware of that but I am aware that he is a naturalised American citizen, and the Government of Pakistan will cooperate with the United States and help them in whatever way we can.”

He said Pakistan is serious in its probe into the Mumbai attacks. Hafiz Saeed was arrested but was later set free by the court in the absence of sufficient evidence.

“Pakistan wants cordial relations with India and we will not let any terrorist outfit sabotage the process of dialogue between the two countries,” the FM said.

He said he would invite Indian external minister to visit Pakistan for talks. Back channel diplomacy is of no use without front channel diplomacy, he added.

Are we not missing on another option:

I dont think US will be pulling an Afghanistan like stunt on Pakistan - that certainly is out of question unless something even bigger and deadly than 9/11 happens with a clear Pakistan connection (which is again highly improbable).
More likely is something which has been suggested by India several times - he dreaded term - SURGICAL STRIKES. Within Pakistan with much more sophisticated and deadlier crafts than the drones.

GoP might be coerced into falling in line with Zardari acting as the escapegoat in the end of it. Taking up the blame for it. Pakistanis will receive another dose of - how Democracy is not meant for their nation (this might act as a bait to get Army on board as well). Millitary leadership would just be following orders from a democratically elected government. What say??

PS: S2 you are reading this - What do you think ?? Time we had a post from you. I see you reading this thread.

The US has all it's brick and motor stationed in Afghanistan not to mention the multi national ISAF forces. There is no restriction or limit on these forces on their area of operation nor there are any jurisdiction. Have they managed to contain the Talibans operations there. It is said that there is no Government authority beyond Kabul. Keeping these failures in mind, how will widening the operations in Pakistan help.
People seem too ignorant to acknowledge that in this WOT, Pakistani Forces suffered more casualties than all ISAF losses combined not to mention how the civilians are paying the price with almost daily bomb blasts in built up areas. People who matter are well aware of the fact and figures hence despite all the Indian desires, Pakistan will not be bombed back to the stone age. The Time Square incident is indeed condemnable but hey, it didn't stop Pakistan from getting on with life and flex it's military muscles as planned.

As anti-US lava spews from the fiery volcanoes of Pakistan’s private television channels and newspapers, a collective psychosis grips the country’s youth. Murderous intent follows with the conviction that the US is responsible for all ills, both in Pakistan and the world of Islam.

Faisal Shahzad, with designer sunglasses and an MBA degree from the University of Bridgeport, acquired that murderous intent. Living his formative years in Pakistan, he typifies the young Pakistani who grew up in the shadow of Ziaul Haq’s hate-based education curriculum. The son of a retired air vice-marshal, life was easy as was getting US citizenship subsequently. But at some point the toxic schooling and media tutoring must have kicked in.

There was guilt as he saw pictures of Gaza’s dead children and related them to US support for Israel. Internet browsing or, perhaps, the local mosque steered him towards the idea of an Islamic caliphate. This solution to the world’s problems would require, of course, the US to be destroyed. Hence Shahzad’s self-confessed trip to Waziristan.

Just cant believe that KS was a son of Air Marshal, somethings really fishy in it ..!!!

Last edited:
I am talking in the context of another attack on US being traced back to Pakistan. In which case the access to CAR will not be as immidate need for the US Govt as to show its populace, who today in its own misguided way equates most Pakistanis to terrorists, some tangible action aka Afghanistan in 2001

Is that the right approach.. Not at all.. But at that time, it wont matter. The biggest problem Pakistan has is that it can no longer control these TTP types as effectively as it did in past and has no way to gaurantee the absence of such an
attack

The GOP and PA is fighting these terrorists, PA has lost many men, Its a fact that PA does not have the potential to neutralize a global terror network, But making that a basis to attack Pakistan can in noway be justified. Every day PA is loosing men while fighting these irhabists, If by the grave consequences she means that US will have justification to attack anybody anywhere inside Pakistan , then this kind of act in noway be tolerated by the PA and the Pakistani Public . Frankly speaking this is not going to happen, As the PA and GOP is serious in eradicating this menace...!!!

Hilary probably found out Qureshi was married and got angry, reminded her of this

clinton&lewinsky.jpg

and she is venting out her anger at Pakistan.

Pakistan is country of good people (Obviously because of their Indian heritage)but spoiled by worst policies led by ISI...If Pakis leave only two things, one- tiff against India and second support to terrorist activities... it wud get to the list of best countries in Asia ...otherwise, it’s not too long when Pakistan will be officially controlled by the US led forces...In current scenario i don’t see any future for this country..plz dear friends don’t mind...but its a truth

Pakistan is country of good people (Obviously because of their Indian heritage)but spoiled by worst policies led by ISI...If Pakis leave only two things, one- tiff against India and second support to terrorist activities... it wud get to the list of best countries in Asia ...otherwise, it’s not too long when Pakistan will be officially controlled by the US led forces...In current scenario i don’t see any future for this country..plz dear friends don’t mind...but its a truth

Rest assured even when your Indian/Hindu mentality is being scoffed by the Ganges Turtles, your bewildered soul will still be twitching buttons on PDF, to find out and wonder WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG FOR YOU.

...Yes Pakistan is expected to do more and act on terrorists on Pak soil.
:cheers:
Yep we do need to get all RAW/CIA agents local or outsider & torture them to slow-painful-death in public... & post videos of their killings on you-tube...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom