What's new

'CIA doctor' accused of treason

The people who are saying that had he told the ISI, they would have let it off need to think another point.

THe ISI would have snatched at this opportunity with both hands, to redeem themselves in front of the international stage. They would have had a thing to boast about.

You are assuming that the reason CIA did not share this intelligence with Pak authorities was not good enough... Think about it...

he was in contact with a foreign intelligence agency, and doing secret work with them, all the while being a citizen of Pakistan.

Treason implies that his acts should be against the state of Pakistan.. How was that the case here?? Did he plot against the govt, share any classified data, plan assassination of a govt or military leader??

Exactly !!! CIA did not share intelligence with pak authorities because they are complicit in harbouring OBL. there is tons of material on net.

the family accepted blood money, it was all with the consent of the family.

So as long as family members are ok with it, Pakistani state will allow foreigners to come and kill Pakistani citizens ??

Treason implies that his acts should be against the state of Pakistan.. How was that the case here?? Did he plot against the govt, share any classified data, plan assassination of a govt or military leader??

his actions led to the retardation of the legitimate polio drive, and hence risking lives.

as i and the other members have repeated n number of times, it is not what he did for what objective, it is for whom he did it, and what were it's effects.
And as I have repeated it n number of times, I am simply trying to decipher the charge of treason which is based on the objective and the actual act...

So as long as family members are ok with it, Pakistani state will allow foreigners to come and kill Pakistani citizens ??

The state was under pressure as well, and both the state and family were in contact, but i agree, he should not have been let off like that. That was a poor act by us.

his actions led to the retardation of the legitimate polio drive, and hence risking lives.

Which is a case for malpractice or willful endangerment of life or even attempted murder.. But treason.. ???

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

The state was under pressure as well, and both the state and family were in contact, but i agree, he should not have been let off like that. That was a poor act by us.

And hence the irony.. You let a murderer off because US govt put its weight behind him even when he murdered Pakistani citizens.. And just because USA doesnt care so much for the disposable Dr Afridi, he gets burned for just embarrassing ISI / PA

And as I have repeated it n number of times, I am simply trying to decipher the charge of treason which is based on the objective and the actual act...

well, that would be , working for CIA and endangering the lives of people of Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Which is a case for malpractice or willful endangerment of life or even attempted murder.. But treason.. ???

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

And hence the irony.. You let a murderer off because US govt put its weight behind him even when he murdered Pakistani citizens.. And just because USA doesnt care so much for the disposable Dr Afridi, he gets burned for just embarrassing ISI / PA

yes treason, because he did it on the directives of CIA.

seems like a fairly strong case against the Doctor who should be hanged

a) Failure to protect patient confidentiality
b) Exposing local Pakistani medical history to Foreign agents for purpose of attack on Pakistani Territory
c) Providing Material support to Terrorist organization planning to attack Pakistan
d) Communicating with Foreign agent with out declaring it to authority
e) Helping in crime murder of civilians , outside of rule of law of Pakistan (Man Slaughter)
f) Facilitating Kidnapping of unknown civilians from Pakistan
g) Conducting a medical operation and using deceit to con Pakistani citizens into giving blood samples, its also a case of fraud

The Medical License should rightfully be revoked and person deserve to be treated as a War Combatant

He should be remanded fully , with in the bounds of Pakistani Law , to extract the names of his
co conspirators

To send a strong message to Enemy of states who collaborate with any outside agencies against operations in Pakistan of any kind

The conspiracy to help agencies who wanted to attack and conduct a military operation in Pakistan is a clear case of `Treason` against Islamic Republic of Pakistan , and I agree 100% that such a person should be tried as such , and his assets frozen and passport confiscated

well, that would be , working for CIA and endangering the lives of people of Pakistan.

So all doctors who indulge in malpractice in Pakistan and all pharmacies dealing in fake medicines charged for treason?? since they endanger Pakistani lives..?? How about the driver of Raymond Davis.. RD was CIA, but undisclosed and his driver was working for him and by association, for CIA ....

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

yes treason, because he did it on the directives of CIA.
And RD was CIA himself.. So CIA can do what they want in Pakistan, but any Pakistani who gets associated with them is to be killed ?

You did the same, allowing the United Carbide executives to run away, and the Yanks to this day - will not allow their extradition back to india, that incident cost the lives of thousands in Bhopal.

So all doctors who indulge in malpractice in Pakistan and all pharmacies dealing in fake medicines charged for treason?? since they endanger Pakistani lives..?? How about the driver of Raymond Davis.. RD was CIA, but undisclosed and his driver was working for him and by association, for CIA ....

[/COLOR]

And RD was CIA himself.. So CIA can do what they want in Pakistan, but any Pakistani who gets associated with them is to be killed ?

Lets not bring RD in here.

And please dont write in grey.

Now, those doctors dont work for CIA do they?

Pakistan government dropped the ball by not slapping espionage charges against RD and made it all about the murder, which allowed the US to pay the families through intermediary countries and buy its way out of its criminal acts as usual.

Now that the treason charge has been placed I hope the government does fight the case with full vigor which would send a shiver down the spines of CIA collaborating traitors and war criminals in Pakistan.

Moreover I still maintain all CIA operatives without diplomatic immunity within Pakistan need to be nabbed and those with diplomatic immunity and found to be working for CIA need to be declared persona non grata immediately.

If these steps don't lead to chasing CIA out of Pakistan immediately they are of no use and I don't want Dr. Afridi to turn into a red herring where other operatives continue to inflict harm upon Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom