What's new

Chuck Yeager tweets about PAF of 1971

You can buy the most expensive horse, but can never win the race. :lol:
wejust dont have the expensive horse but the will and deep thirst for revenge to injustice done to us dont worry we aint gonna show any mercy this time around no matter how much owt gunned u are :butcher:

Yeager is a bollywood actor and Indian air force is ace of the world.

Plus wtf does Yeager know? Indians were making 144th gen fighters 7000 years ago.

Chuck Yeager is an American icon and will go down in history as the first man to break the sound barrier. But during the 1971 India-Pakistan War, when an Indian pilot shot his personal aircraft, the air ace lost his cool, and demanded retaliation against India. Mercifully, his antics were ignored by then US President Richard Nixon.

How India brought down the US’ supersonic man | Russia & India Report

The guy is 93 yrs old , you think he posted this?

No yeager really has been cranky since 1971. I think the Pak govt hired him as a consultant or something, the IAF rewarded him by destroying his personal plane :D. The guy was delusional after that, demanding 'all out attack' against India and such. Pak guys hold on to his rants like words of a holy man. In reality he was a nut case whose words his own government ignored :lol:

And you can scrub a donkey as much as you want but can never turn it into a horse!! :P :lol:

But it won't be for lack of trying by the fan boys on the other side :enjoy:

Last edited:
My turn to use their postal stamp
1973-4.JPG

@Windjammer What was the role of PAF in preventing this from happening?
Single PAF squadron facing ten IAF units, there was a thousand mile distance between East and West Pakistan, separated by Indian territory ....now hope you can answer where was your Agni Pankh, when this was happening...

when the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) tried to disarm all the various military groups as a prelude to peace, it soon got dragged into a battle with the LTTE. The Indian Army found out to its cost – around 1200 lives during 1987-1990 – just how vicious the war was. In one battle, the heads of Indian soldiers were severed and stuck on poles along the road to Jaffna. While the Indian Air Force may have flown around 70,000 sorties mainly with Mi-8 Hips, Mi-25 Hinds and An 32 Clines during the 32 month period, with no losses, it is generally agreed that Operation Pawana was ill-conceived and that the Indian Army was ill-prepared for such a conflict and it became India’s own ‘Vietnam’. Once the Indians left, the SLAF realised it would have to play a bigger role in the fight against the LTTE, in providing Close Air Support to the Army.

Last edited:
His plane was destroyed by an IAF strike, as it says in my link, which helped him develop a personal vendetta against the Indians. As for his reputation even in the USAF, have a look here

EDIT: Shameless propaganda by our esteemed ADMINISTRATOR now sees my earlier post #3 and its important links deleted. I'm once again putting up the relevant matter here for the non-**** members to see.

How I Crossed Swords With Chuck Yeager - Bharat Rakshak:Indian Air Force
"The Right Stuff In the Wrong Place" by Edward C. Ingraham, The Washington Monthly, October 1985 - UNZ.org

From link-2

@Chanakya's_Chant @OrionHunter @Bang Galore @Tshering22 etc
dont post bharat bhak bhak crap here

"I've never seen a nation defeated in a war so positively passionate about their loss" [PlanetWarrior on Pakistan's loss of the 1971 India-Pakistan war - Pakistan Defense Forum member - 13th May 2015]

C'mon Indian members, my challenge to you is to try and beat that quote :D

From 1971 to 1973, at the behest of Ambassador Joe Farland, Yeager was assigned to Pakistan to advise the Pakistan Air Force.[25]During the Indo-Pakistan War, Yeager reputedly provided an assessment that the Pakistani Army would be in New Delhi within a week.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

As per Wikipedia

Rest we all know what was the end result :D

"I've never seen a nation defeated in a war so positively passionate about their loss" [PlanetWarrior on Pakistan's loss of the 1971 India-Pakistan war - Pakistan Defense Forum member - 13th May 2015]

C'mon Indian members, my challenge to you is to try and beat that quote :D

From 1971 to 1973, at the behest of Ambassador Joe Farland, Yeager was assigned to Pakistan to advise the Pakistan Air Force.[25]During the Indo-Pakistan War, Yeager reputedly provided an assessment that the Pakistani Army would be in New Delhi within a week.

As per Wikipedia

Rest whole world know what was the end result :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeagar clearly has some deep-rooted issues with India:

"It was the morning after the initial Pakistani strike that Yeager began to take the war with India personally. On the eve of their attack, the Pakistanis had been prudent enough to evacuate their planes from airfields close to the Indian border and move them back into the hinterlands. But no one thought to warn General Yeager. Thus when an Indian fighter pilot swept low over Islamabad airport in India's first retaliatory strike, he could see only two small planes on the ground. Dodging antiaircraft fire, he blasted both to smithereens with 20-millimeter (sic) canon fire. One was Yeager's Beechcraft. The other was a plane used by United Nations forces to supply the patrols that monitored the ceasefire in Kashmir."

"I never found out how the UN reacted to the destruction of its plane, but Yeager's response was anything but dispassionate. He raged to his cowering colleagues at a staff meeting. His voice resounding through the embassy, he proclaimed that the Indian pilot not only knew exactly what he was doing but had been specifically instructed by Indira Gandhi to blast Yeager's plane. In his book he later said that it was the Indian way of giving Uncle Sam "the finger" ".

Ingraham's suggestion that "To an Indian pilot skimming the ground at 500 mph under antiaircraft fire, precise identification of targets on an enemy airfield might take lower priority than simply hitting whatever was there and then getting the hell out" was met by withering scorn from Yeager.

"Our response to this Indian atrocity, as I recall," adds Ingraham (tongue firmly in cheek), "was a top priority cable to Washington that described the incident as a deliberate affront to the American nation and recommended immediate countermeasures. I don't think we ever got an answer?".

Ingraham says that Yeager's movements and activities during the subsequent conflict remained uncertain, but "A Pakistani businessman, son of a general, told me excitedly that Yeager had moved into the big air force base at Peshawar and was personally directing PAF operations against the Indians. Another swore that he had seen Yeager emerge from a just landed jet fighter at the Peshawar base."

How I Crossed Swords With Chuck Yeager - Bharat Rakshak:Indian Air Force
bharat rakshak is not a reliable source.

Back
Top Bottom