What's new

Chuck Yeager tweets about PAF of 1971

DANGER-ZONE

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
13393_10206470784026400_484187249402759637_n.jpg

11265221_10204857395648445_9171988587506556139_n.jpg

If I remember correctly he was shot down by the Indian Air Force in Indo-Pak war

and Wikipedia says,
During the Indo-Pakistan War, Yeager reputedly provided an assessment that the Pakistani Army would be in New Delhi within a week.

and Pak ended up loosing half of the country, yup his views are very reliable

If I remember correctly he was shot down by the Indian Air Force in Indo-Pak war

and Wikipedia says,
During the Indo-Pakistan War, Yeager reputedly provided an assessment that the Pakistani Army would be in New Delhi within a week.

and Pak ended up loosing half of the country, yup his views are very reliable
His plane was destroyed by an IAF strike, as it says in my link, which helped him develop a personal vendetta against the Indians. As for his reputation even in the USAF, have a look here
I have never been a huge Yeager fan. First of all, he wasn't the first man to exceed the sound barrier, it was a civilian test pilot named George Welch in the XF-86, the famous Sabre prototype. Secondly, I have talked with test pilots who knew him. Back in the 1980's, when he was definitely aging and well past the time when a fighter pilot hangs up his G-suit, he had carte blanche to come out to Edwards and get sorties in modern fighters, always two-seat, and always with a younger pilot being forced to babysit.

He was so disliked by the Edwards pilots that when word came that "Yeager was on his way to the base", they would scatter like quail in an attempt to avoid being tagged with the babysitter job.

EDIT: Shameless propaganda by our esteemed ADMINISTRATOR now sees my earlier post #3 and its important links deleted. I'm once again putting up the relevant matter here for the non-**** members to see.

How I Crossed Swords With Chuck Yeager - Bharat Rakshak:Indian Air Force
"The Right Stuff In the Wrong Place" by Edward C. Ingraham, The Washington Monthly, October 1985 - UNZ.org

From link-2
Yeager, meanwhile,
spent the first hours of the war stalking the embassy corridors like Henry V before Agincourt,
snarling imprecations at the Indians and assuring anyone who would listen that the Pakistani
army would be in New Delhi within a week.:rofl:
It was the morning after the initial Pakistani
strike that Yeager began to take the war with India personally. On the eve of their attack, the
Pakistanis had been prudent enough to evacuate
their planes from airfields close to the Indian
border and move them back into the hinterlands.
But no one thought to warn General Yeager.
Thus, when an Indian fighter pilot swept low over
Islamabad’s airport in India’s first retaliatory
strike, he could see only two small planes on the
ground. Dodging antiaircraft fire, he blasted both
to smithereens with 20-millimeter cannon fire.
One was Yeager’s Beechcraft. The other was a
plane used by United Nations forces to supply
the patrols that monitored the ceasefire line in
Kashmir.
I never found out how the United Nations
reacted to the destruction of its plane, but
Yeager’s response was anything but dispassionate
He raged to his cowering colleagues at a staff
meeting. His voice resounding through the embassy, he proclaimed that the Indian pilot not only knew exactly what he was doing but had been
specifically instructed by Indira Gandhi to blast
Yeager’s plane. (“It was,” he relates in his book,
“the Indian way of giving Uncle Sam the finger.”)
At this meeting, I ventured the timid suggestion
that, to an Indian pilot skimming the ground at
500 miles per hour under antiaircraft fire, precise
identification of targets on an enemy airfield
might take lower priority than simply hitting
whatever was there and then getting the hell out.
Restraining himself with difficulty, Yeager informed me that anyone dumb enough not to
know a deliberate attack on the American flag
when he saw one had no business wearing his
country’s uniform.
@Chanakya's_Chant @OrionHunter @Bang Galore @Tshering22 etc

Last edited:
His plane was destroyed by an IAF strike, as it says in my link, which helped him develop a personal vendetta against the Indians. As for his reputation even in the USAF, have a look here
All Indian propaganda

Truth is PAF kicked IAF's butts, Battle of Longewala is a testament to that ;)

This is propaganda, the most recognized fighter pilot alive is twisting facts to make the mighty soviet trained IAF look bad. Outrage!

Oh by the way, his unarmed beechcraft was severely damaged in an IAF air strike and he couldn't pay insurance which turned him into anti India and he is out lusting after blood by stating facts about PAF. Outrage!

This is propaganda, the most recognized fighter pilot alive is twisting facts to make the mighty soviet trained IAF look bad. Outrage!

Oh by the way, his unarmed beechcraft was severely damaged in an IAF air strike and he couldn't pay insurance which turned him into anti India and he is out lusting after blood by stating facts about PAF. Outrage!

I bet he doesn't know that hindu baniyas invented space ships....

Back
Top Bottom