What's new

Christian Conversions in India - A film by Pia Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different people different perceptions different believes.. You don't have right to be little other religions.. At least have some mind.. He is non believer yet you believe whatever you say... Don't you have any other work?

I have the right to belittle every religion and every idea in the world. Philosophies, beliefs, ideas have to be evaluated and criticized for their weakness cause they have potential to harm societies.

who says that Christianity is not a Indian Religion ?
general scholarly consensus that Christianity was established in India by the 6th century AD, including some communities who used Syriac liturgically, and it is a possibility that the religion's existence there extends to as far back as the 1st century. Christianity was as such established in India even before some nations of Europe had been Christianised.
Christianity in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still does not make it Indian. Indian is that which originated in India. Christianity was established in 6th century AD and that 1st century story is a hoax which has been discredited long ago even by the high court in Chennai. Still the rice Christians keep trying to sneak it back in.

In that case.. How can krishna marry 16000.. Even if he marry one woman per day.. He must have spent 43 years... Stop whining around God.. First clean inside house. Before pointing fingers on others..

I told you he symbolically wed them, not bed them. He did that to re-integrated those women in society as respected women rather than as despoils of the demon who had captured them.

Symbolic wedding can be done even with millions. That is how God is supposed to be our father. Did he impregnate our mothers?

I am telling you things the way they are. I will cite you historical references if you want.

Yeah - Muslims asked you to start treating your fallows untouchables and you obliged, and all other practices which are considered evil and built those weird erotic temples . Meanwhile you guys keep parroting that Muslims invaded and did all the plunders in what today is Pakistan or some parts of northern India. You guys never let any chance to bash Muslims, so be a man and acknowledge the stupidities of your forefathers.

she's a girl :p:

Thanks for telling,

as it's impossible to win argument against women so aunty @Indrani i admit your victory, carry on with your lectures.

Last edited:
Yeah - Muslims asked you to start treating your fallows untouchables and you obliged, and all other practices which are considered evil and built those weird erotic temples . Meanwhile you guys keep parroting that Muslims invaded and did all the plunders in what today is Pakistan or some parts of northern India. You guys never let any chance to bash Muslims, so be a man and acknowledge the stupidities of your forefathers.

You just have to see the temple landscape of South India and rest of Asia to know this. Everywhere Hindus were there, there are Huge temples. Where are the temples of North India?

The estimate speaks of 80 million Hindus killed during the span of Islamic rule. Majority of them happened to be upper castes. Now do you suppose a society under such severe stress would remain picture perfect?

You just have to see the temple landscape of South India and rest of Asia to know this. Everywhere Hindus were there, there are Huge temples. Where are the temples of North India?

The estimate speaks of 80 million Hindus killed during the span of Islamic rule. Majority of them happened to be upper castes. Now do you suppose a society under such severe stress would remain picture perfect?
Hindu Marriage System, Hindu Scriptures, and Dowry and Bride-Burning in India » Journal of South Asia Women Studies Vol. 2 No. 4 » Asiatica Association

In modern societies marriage is an established custom designed to make society a most dependable and indivisible unit. In the present generations, however, it has come under increasing pressure and criticism from many quarters and its very existence is threatened.

Let us talk about the Hindu marriage system and delve into the topic of dowry and bride-burning in India for which we are assembled here. No one doubts that is a most heinous crime perpetrated by greedy persons who want to get rich through the marriage of their sons. The custom of dowry is prevalent in many parts of India where it is regarded only as a voluntary gift to the bride by the parents, friends and relatives and there are no strings attached. In many cases, grooms do not take anything as dowry. Gifts are accepted as a token of love. But when the parents of the groom extort money from the parents of the bride as a recompense for marrying their daughter to their son, keep on increasing the demands after the wedding, finally kill the bride for the outstanding amount, and yet go unpunished by the administrative, legal and judicial system of the country, this must be a product of the overall moral decadence of the country. This is an extremely serious matter. I congratulate the organizers of The First International Conference on Dowry and Bride-Burning in India for focussing the attention of the world on this abominable crime in India.

In Hinduism, marriage is a very holy event in life. According to the Vedic rites, the groom and the bride are trained to fast on the day of their wedding, so that they may concentrate on the spiritual meanings of the marriage commitments. How the despicable practice of demanding dowry found its way into the pious and solemn custom of a Hindu marriage is extremely puzzling. To find an objective answer, one must analyze the history of Hindu people in those parts of India where dowry and bride-burning still continue in full force. In his book, Mr. H. B. Thakur has tried to diagnose the reasons for the degeneration of the Hindu society due to the historical forces of those areas, and their effects. One of the effects was the proliferation of child marriage in North India during the medieval period which was very rare in Vedic India. It became a compulsory practice for the Hindus in North India who lost their independence in the medieval period and could not protect their grown-up daughters. The only way to save the family honor was to marry off the daughter to someone else's family who would be responsible for her protection. Child marriage abounded, and so did the practice of bidding for dowry.

as it's impossible to win argument against women so aunty @Indrani i admit your victory, carry on with your lectures.

Tata. Bye bye.

In Hinduism, marriage is a very holy event in life. According to the Vedic rites, the groom and the bride are trained to fast on the day of their wedding, so that they may concentrate on the spiritual meanings of the marriage commitments. How the despicable practice of demanding dowry found its way into the pious and solemn custom of a Hindu marriage is extremely puzzling. To find an objective answer, one must analyze the history of Hindu people in those parts of India where dowry and bride-burning still continue in full force. In his book, Mr. H. B. Thakur has tried to diagnose the reasons for the degeneration of the Hindu society due to the historical forces of those areas, and their effects. One of the effects was the proliferation of child marriage in North India during the medieval period which was very rare in Vedic India. It became a compulsory practice for the Hindus in North India who lost their independence in the medieval period and could not protect their grown-up daughters. The only way to save the family honor was to marry off the daughter to someone else's family who would be responsible for her protection. Child marriage abounded, and so did the practice of bidding for dowry.

Thank you dear for posting that article which supports my claim that the Hindu society got corrupted under the severe stress of Islamic rule.

Make it 100 million - figure will look nice.

Make it 100 million - figure will look nice.

That is the figure given by historians. We have a whole mountain named after us, now have we not? Do you think they gave the mountain that name for a few dozen killings?

@Chak Bamu please close this thread... she is attempting desperately to belittle other religions... @Indrani there is a way to have proper healthy arguments... but the way you are mixing things, twisting the facts.. and your attempt to insult Jesus and Christians is awful... definitely.. i will mind about this.. until now i believed all religions are equal as well Indians... Now i think it is not.. still there are people like you...

@Chak Bamu please close this thread... she is attempting desperately to belittle other religions... @Indrani there is a way to have proper healthy arguments... but the way you are mixing things, twisting the facts.. and your attempt to insult Jesus and Christians is awful... definitely.. i will mind about this.. until now i believed all religions are equal as well Indians... Now i think it is not.. still there are people like you...

You should have told that to the missionaries who go around calling Hindu gods devils. Where did I insult Jesus Christ? I said he drank wine which was corroborated by all Christians here. How can that be an insult?

How old are you? 15?

That is the figure given by historians. We have a whole mountain named after us, now have we not? Do you think they gave the mountain that name for a few dozen killings?
well what about pandavas who shared wife? Ahalya? Karna who is being cheated by Krishna...

Still does not make it Indian. Indian is that which originated in India. Christianity was established in 6th century AD and that 1st century story is a hoax which has been discredited long ago even by the high court in Chennai.

LMAO..what kind of joke is this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom