What's new

Chinese junk? Latest fighter plane from People's Army ticketed for exp

One of the most useless article I ever read. How do you write a piece of factual article when you have limited information on this top secret? Anyone with a half a brain knows that nothing is conclusive about the J-31. We simply don't know what is currently on the PLAAF's mind.

In my opinion, as I posted an article earlier from a Chinese aviation expert in the field, that there would be two version of J-31, one for domestic use and one for export. The domestic use will employ sensitive advance technology while the export version will equip with less advance to lower the cost for interest partners.
Then I will ask you this...Would call the Chinese members here who made all sorts of pronouncements about the J-20 and the DF-21D brainless? After all, even with just half a brain, a person would be wise enough to STFU of things he knows nothing about, right?

Then I will ask you this...Would call the Chinese members here who made all sorts of pronouncements about the J-20 and the DF-21D brainless? After all, even with just half a brain, a person would be wise enough to STFU of things he knows nothing about, right?
Wrong analogy, my friend. J-20 is a much more established aircraft development and had been OFFICIALLY admitted by PLA to be deploy by PLAAF while J-31 is all speculative program with limited information on its existence and purpose. Next time, understand which is which.

Wrong analogy, my friend. J-20 is a much more established aircraft development and had been OFFICIALLY admitted by PLA to be deploy by PLAAF while J-31 is all speculative program with limited information on its existence and purpose. Next time, understand which is which.
Very appropriate. Most of the J-20 is still unknown, notably its radar observability, of which many Chinese members here have no problems making pronouncements about it. Its official acknowledgement is irrelevant because we are talking about the technical areas here. As for the DF-21D, it has yet to make an open water test, so its ability to hit a moving ship in open sea is still wide open to debate.

Your response is exactly what I expected: You must protect your fellow Chinese at all intellectual cost, even when they are obviously in the wrong according to your own criticism that you leveled at others. :lol:

Very appropriate. Most of the J-20 is still unknown, notably its radar observability, of which many Chinese members here have no problems making pronouncements about it. Its official acknowledgement is irrelevant because we are talking about the technical areas here. As for the DF-21D, it has yet to make an open water test, so its ability to hit a moving ship in open sea is still wide open to debate.

Your response is exactly what I expected: You must protect your fellow Chinese at all intellectual cost, even when they are obviously in the wrong according to your own criticism that you leveled at others. :lol:
Its radar observability is based on deployment of J-10B and should be close to F-22 as Chinese radar is a lot more mature. There is more factual information for discussion with Chinese radar development due to vast amount of available information. I told you before, there are more information on technical specification of J-20 because it is an official program with step-by-step development. For god sake, we have much better weapon deployment, engine, radar on the J-20 information than J-31. As for DF-21D, you might want to call up your Uncle Sam to let us borrow one of your aircraft carrier so we can test them on the open sea.

My friend, you would do the same to Uncle Sam's children.

Its radar observability is based on deployment of J-10B and should be close to F-22 as Chinese radar is a lot more mature. There is more factual information for discussion with Chinese radar development due to vast amount of available information. I told you before, there are more information on technical specification of J-20 because it is an official program with step-by-step development. For god sake, we have much better weapon deployment, engine, radar on the J-20 information than J-31. As for DF-21D, you might want to call up your Uncle Sam to let us borrow one of your aircraft carrier so we can test them on the open sea.

My friend, you would do the same to Uncle Sam's children.
THAT right there tells me you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to the true meaning of the phrase 'radar observability'. You fit the criticism you leveled at others. No need to continue with the rest of your post.

Tbqh, I don't trust Foxnews. Let's wait and see how sophisticated the J-31 will be :D, cause I'm sure it is.

A funny thing, the writer even know nothing about China's weapon development system, Country degree program only J-20, Shenyang lost the dill to Chengdu on new generation fighter on bidding, J-20 is official No.;

After lost the bidding, Shenyang went on developing a lightweight new generation fighter J-31 based on the lost plan just as YF-23 of US, the money come from the Shenyang com itself, and J-31 is not official No. only a com number; since Shenyang knows that it will lost all if it can't hold the technology of new generation fighter, and Shenyang thinks that J-20 is expensive, air force will order less number, if it can provide a F-35 typle option, it will win back;

Just as JH-7 made by Xi'an, it was discontinued in 1985, but Xi'an com didn't stop to develop it, Xi'an spent own money by self-financing to finish it, then army test it, find it meet the demand, then order it, it had official number.

This is what happens when u copy copy copy instead of quality quality quality.

The other way of looking into is that china still beg for Russian arms and systems while boasting in the world that its independent in defense manufacturing. :D

"The J-31 is sort of a copy of the F-22, the most advanced (and troubled), U.S. multi-role fighter jet," David Cenciotti, a former pilot for the Italian Air Force who blogs at theaviationist.com, told FoxNews.com. "Same nose section, same twin tails and trapezoidal wings along with the distinctive lines of the stealth design."

They're actually not the same.

In terms of shaping, the J-31 is better than the F-22 and F-35.

I'll just repost this here.

I want you guys to ask yourselves two simple questions.

Question 1:

Which is better, the F-35's DSI or the F-22's giant gaps around the inlets?

hfbKyOP.jpg

Ge3rwP7.jpg

Question 2:

Which is better, the F-22's flat lower fuselage or the F-35's lumps and bumps?

nUALiPl.jpg

zTPfiwf.jpg

Now look at the J-31.

Does it have all the good characteristics of the F-22 and F-35 or does it have all the bad ones?

wCSldRr.jpg

This is very simple people. :omghaha:

I'll also leave these two diagrams:

70nups5.jpg

zbHqsTn.jpg

This is what happens when u copy copy copy instead of quality quality quality.

The other way of looking into is that china still beg for Russian arms and systems while boasting in the world that its independent in defense manufacturing. :D

And this coming from NATO Indians :lol:

We can make every component in pretty much 95% in military manufacturing. Only thing is our engines need a couple more years to be fully ready. Apart from that, we are self-sufficient in every other area.

India still can't make it's own bullet. Still yet to reach the reverse engineering stage which even Iran has accomplished :lol:

What's this article? It's all over the place. First you got a political science (most useless degree btw) professor talking about technical aspect of J-31. Then you jumped to some third rate media in China (Sina is like Fox News, except even less professional) about J-15. Finally you got some clueless Italian pilot commenting on things he has little idea about.

"sort of a copy of F-22"? Seriously? In that case, every plane is sort of a copy of Wright Brother's original design, since they all have wings and tails.

Whats wrong with a Political Science degree? :pissed:

Well, If all we produced are junks, why would the west keep worrying???

They should have simply just shut their own holes long time ago.

A new fighter plane built by China is drawing more snickers than raves from aviation experts, and the People's Army is now saying the jet was really ticketed for export all along.

The J-31 "Falcon Hawk," likely designed by reverse-engineering a downed U.S. stealth fighter, was supposed “to become China’s next generation of carrier-based aircraft” and take its place next to the U.S.-made F-35 Lightning II as the gold standard in air force weaponry, according to a report last month in People’s Daily. But now it looks like China, which has exactly one aircraft carrier, has scaled back the hype and will peddle the aircraft to second-tier air forces like Brazil, Pakistan and some Middle East countries.

“It’s probably likely that the technology was not originally created for export but built for their own use and it did not work out too well,” Stephen Biddle, a political science professor at George Washington University and senior defense policy fellow at the Council for Foreign Relations told FoxNews.com.

“It’s probably likely that the technology was not originally created for export but built for their own use and it did not work out too well.”
- Stephen Biddle, Senior Defense Policy Fellow, Council for Foreign Relations

Even the Chinese press has been critical of the jet, with Bejing-based Sina Military Network calling the J-15 a “flopping fish,” and claiming that the plane could not take off from a carrier with heavy ammunitions which could cripple its attack range as well as firepower.

Aviation experts say that based on the limited information publicly available of the J-31, it appears to be little more than a cheap copy of an American fighter jet.

"The J-31 is sort of a copy of the F-22, the most advanced (and troubled), U.S. multi-role fighter jet," David Cenciotti, a former pilot for the Italian Air Force who blogs at theaviationist.com, told FoxNews.com. "Same nose section, same twin tails and trapezoidal wings along with the distinctive lines of the stealth design."

But Cenciotti said the aircraft doesn’t appear to have thrust vectoring capabilities that give fighter planes superior maneuverability. He suspects it was based on American warplanes, and not just the F-117 stealth jet downed in 1999 by a Serbian anti-aircraft missile.

"Considering all the cyber attacks targeting Lockheed Martin stealth projects in the last years, one could believe Chinese hackers were able to put their hands on some useful technical drawings of the Raptor or F-35," he said.

No amount of espionage or copying of U.S. technology can duplicate American air power, according to Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Il.) an Air Force veteran who still serves as a pilot in the Air National Guard.

“America has always produced and flown the top aviation machines in the world," Kinzinger told FoxNews.com. "While China’s claims about the capabilities of the J-31 have raised some eyebrows, consider me a skeptic until I see the proof.”

James Hardy, Asia-Pacific Editor of Jane’s Defence Weekly, said there is no way to compare the J-31 to other fighter planes, given the secrecy still surrounding it.

“Because we have only limited data on the J-31, it impossible to say whether it is inferior to the F-35,” Hardy said. "Qualitatively there's no way to compare unless we know its fire-control radar, subsystems, avionics, and what it is made of. Its planform [silhouette] certainly makes it look like a fifth generation fighter, but what materials it is made of and all kinds of other questions mean judging its radar cross section - and so its stealthiness - is hard to do.”

Hardy adds that lack of strong information about the fighter --and the fact that it is going straight to export--might make it a hard sell on the international market.

“One key point is that if the People's Liberation Army air forces aren’t going to field it, that might deter other countries," he said. "The thinking may go: if it's not good enough for China, why should we buy it?”
Chinese junk? Latest fighter plane from People's Army ticketed for export | Fox News @Aeronaut @Oscar @nuclearpak @Icarus @Xeric @Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @DESERT FIGHTER @jaibi @balixd and others

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom