What's new

Chinese junk? Latest fighter plane from People's Army ticketed for exp

You got that right...

No. Not even a little bit. The impression that the RQ is 'stealthy' came mainly from ignorant media blurbs. The general principle is that the smaller the dimensions, the decrease in radar observability. There is nothing magical or 'stealthy' about it.
Yeah, the guys who are involved in the project cared more about the payload it was carrying.

See there lies our difference, you said we copied even the radar or as much as possible. But this isn't true.

Why do I say this? Because the J-11 is a licensed Su-27, there's no reason to copy, we have ordered 200 to be built in China, but we stopped at 100. Because the Russian fighter was deemed not up to standard and thus the J-11B was developed, for naval use the J-15 was developed, and for other uses the J-16 was developed.

Now, having said that, it is more than clear that we started with the complete copy, if you will. But the later variants weren't' copies, but based on the original with much improvements. How can we copy things that didn't exist in the original model?

Yet, the media continue to say that the J-15 and J-11b is a copy, if they say based on, fine I'll take it, but they say it like we completely ripped off the Russians when we had the original the the later variants were new models that the Russians don't have.
Of course it is true.

It is irrelevant if what China bought was under license or not. China paid for them and China can do whatever necessary with them, including dissecting them to find out how each system and component works. It make no sense for Chinese engineers to develop from scratch a complete radar system, for example, when they have in their possession a fully functional system that they paid for. By all means, take it apart. Find out how much of the system can be indigenously developed with a minimum of dependencies on importation. If Chinese engineers educated abroad can improve on the current design -- great. But if not, at least they can copy and have their own that will function as good as the source.

Not saying ours is superior to any Russian fighters but it is done with DIFFERENT tech.
And what is that difference? Chinese engineers do not use carbon, silicon, silver, gold, make transistors? What?

The J-20 and J-31 is supposed to be superior to the F-117, there are various reports that the Chinese have said that the F-117 tech was not the best even when it was shot down and any info from the wreck would be a reference at best and is not up to today's standard. I have also seen American news that agrees with this point, which I have to say is something that doesn't happen everyday.
And what are those standards?

The F-117 have no radar so if you compare it against a Vietnam War era F-4 that have a radar, does that mean the F-117 is an 'inferior' aircraft?

Here is where your thinking is waaaaay wrong. The -117 was designed with one thing in mind: To be as low radar observable as possible. So when you have such a narrowly designed platform, the only comparison you can validly perform is against a peer. What you are doing is like comparing a pick-up truck against a Formula One racer and say the race car is inferior because it can carry only one person.

Since the -117 was designed with a narrow focus, like how the SR-71 was, then the only legitimate comparison you can perform against the -117 with other aircrafts is -- LOW RADAR OBSERVABILITY. Or 'stealth'.

NOTHING ELSE.

You compare Formula One cars from Ferrari to Lotus. You do not compare Formula One cars against NASCAR cars or against Indy cars.

If the J-20 have missiles, then you do not compare missiles against none, because the -117 does not carry missiles. The J-20 is allegedly 'stealth', then you compare RCS against RCS. Not RCS against missiles.

Holy Sh1t...!!! This is unbelievable...!!!

If no data means that these guys could be right then, I could say the American 6th gen fighter will not work in snow. There's no data that would prove me otherwise.
You can speculate all you want, but only as long as they conform with the laws of physics, of which your fellow Chinese have been and are more than willing to violate. If you say, or agree with the contention, that the F-22 will not be 'stealthy' in rain, then explain how. There is no need for any data because there are the law of physics.

Lastly, this is a forum for fans of the military and generally a place for people to discuss stuff. Most people I bet are not involved in the military or fields related to such. I personally have no experience with such stuff and is not in this field, I pick up things here and there and it is very basic.

Wouldn't it be pretty dead here if everyone here needs to be an expert.
Actually, if the discussion is among experts, it will be even more interesting.

NEVER have I demanded that anyone have at least comparable experience to myself before I will engage that person. But the one thing that I insist and expect is that the person be intellectually honest. Admit when he is wrong and/or do not have complete information.

Back
Top Bottom