What's new

Chinese Foreign Affairs News & Discussions

Both India and China realize the importance of working together to fight off western dominance over the world economy.

I think cooperation is always a good thing. Not necessarily for the purposes of changing the world order from a Western one to an Asian one... but more importantly because cooperation makes sense in the modern world.

And the CCP agrees with this. If you read the articles above from the People's Daily, it's clear that "peaceful development" is always the top priority. For example, Hu Jintao's vision of "China's peaceful rise".

The fact that the center of gravity in the world, is moving from the West to Asia... is just a side-effect in my opinion. The main goal is for us, is to improve the lives of our people.

And that will be achieved via cooperation, not by conflict.

For the record, I just read some of Challenger's exchange with the new "posse", I agree that Challenger should be proud of his "actual" identity and show no fear of speaking his mind.

I would've defended him if it wasn't for the fact that I, too, have doubts about the flags he wears. If he is from China and can't read Chinese, then just give us an explanation and let it be the end of it.

For the record also, I don't entirely agree with Developereo's stance wrt to "Challenger", but Developereo himself is a member whose view I have come to respect and generally enjoy reading.

So basically you agree that challenger is a false-flag, but you decided to troll as usual anyway.

"Tea-party" implies some very "conservative" views. Would you mind pointing out what views I hold, that you find to be very conservative?

Are you in charge of the Hong Kong tea party, little dragon? What's a "real Chinese"? One who attended international school in HK? Name me one "real Chinese" beside yourself who would call Hiroshima and Nagasaki "genocide" ...

For the record, I just read some of Challenger's exchange with the new "posse", I agree that Challenger should be proud of his "actual" identity and show no fear of speaking his mind.

I would've defended him if it wasn't for the fact that I, too, have doubts about the flags he wears. If he is from China and can't read Chinese, then just give us an explanation and let it be the end of it.

For the record also, I don't entirely agree with Developereo's stance wrt to "Challenger", but Developereo himself is a member whose view I have come to respect and generally enjoy reading.

If he (or she) "alienated" your International School-trained highness, then perhaps he would strike a chord with real Chinese by chance?

i have no idea what your argument is. challenger has no argument, he's making something out of nothing. also, calling hiroshima a "genocide" is far fetched for a chinese person, but not totally impossible. however supporting japanese occupation of china is 100% non-chinese, and only stupid and violent losers would do so.

Nobody is disputing the history of Buddhism in India or its influence on Hinduism. The point under discussion is how much of that is relevant today. We are not living in the 12th century, this is the 21st century and the fact is that Buddhism is all but non-existant in modern day India, except for some historical sites.

An average Chinese or Japanese Buddhist would find precious little in common if he went to a Hindu temple.

Again you are trying to derive conclusions from the percentage numbers of some surveys. Buddhism is on a revival in India, although it may be a small number, the principles of Buddhism are still accepted and respected by many Indians (You can refer to several links posted earlier in this threat about Buddhism in India). Your problem is that you perceive India as an overly Hindu country with principles rooted deeply in Hinduism... this could be because you fail to see how a multi-religious country could exist when your own country was created purely based on religion and not on a common culture.

In a thread full of vague assertions and irrelevant ancient history, this is one of the few contemporary facts to disprove the patently false assertion of 'common culture'.
Agreed here... but we are not discussing a common culture... we are discussing about the commonalities that we share religiously. Just because Buddhism is a minority religion in India does not disprove the fact that the origins are from Hinduism and its root emanating from India.

i have no idea what your argument is. challenger has no argument, he's making something out of nothing. also, calling hiroshima a "genocide" is far fetched for a chinese person, but not totally impossible. however supporting japanese occupation of china is 100% non-chinese, and only stupid and violent losers would do so.

I called it genocide as a response to CAPTAIN AMERICA who was giggling about the Japanese invasion of China. So it was an angry retort, rather than a statement of fact.

Anyway I will retract that statement. Now oceanx can only resort to making fun of me for going to an "expensive school".

God knows why that makes him so upset. :azn:

Guys let's end this here. We don't need to air our problems in public. If we can't say anything nice it's better if we say nothing at all.

Man I don't know why some Chinese people love to troll their own countrymen, it speaks of very deep-seated social problems.

You're right though, I'll ignore him. :azn:

We want balance against the Indian apologist tag team of CardSharp/Chinese-Dragon who both show up at the same time, always support each other's posts, attack anyone who posts against India, and always post pro-India posts themselves. ...

On that, my man, you are going a little too far I am afraid. I first of all confess that I am somewhat of an "Indian apologist" myself.

That "tag team", in all honesty, is to me infinitely more preferable to the poisonous posse consisting of "SIF, Greyboy 1/2/3, and SHChinese" from the days I first joint the forum ...

Really, I say the above despite my frequent disagreement with the tag-team.

I think Cardsharp indistinctively understands something that's largely unspoken (base on his posts that I read in the past), i.e., the real future China-India Relationship significantly despends on the health of India-Pakistan relationship, whereas India-Pakistan relationship does not necessarily turn on India-China relationship.

But little Dragon, in his "cooperation is the end-all and be-all" mantra, may or may not get this.

I could be wrong, of course.

Again you are trying to derive conclusions from the percentage numbers of some surveys. Buddhism is on a revival in India, although it may be a small number, the principles of Buddhism are still accepted and respected by many Indians (You can refer to several links posted earlier in this threat about Buddhism in India). Your problem is that you perceive India as an overly Hindu country with principles rooted deeply in Hinduism... this could be because you fail to see how a multi-religious country could exist when your own country was created purely based on religion and not on a common culture.

Agreed here... but we are not discussing a common culture... we are discussing about the commonalities that we share religiously. Just because Buddhism is a minority religion in India does not disprove the fact that the origins are from Hinduism and its root emanating from India.

That's right dezi :cheers:

Someone posted an article from the Times (I think it was you) that showed a lot of people practice Buddhism "alongside" their traditional belief systems.

Buddhism is seen as very "non-demanding" belief system, and does not require you to give up other religious practices. Basically, following the "middle path" does not contradict any other religious teachings.

So in fact (according to the article) there are many Indians who practice Hinduism and also follow the tenets of Buddhism, because the belief systems are very compatible with each other.

What are many Indians assertions? In your point of view?

Too many to count. Please feel free to search for old threads about ancient India, ancient Pakistan, mehulla, harappa, Indus valley civilization, etc. etc.

You do know that he is an apologist for Japanese war crimes?

Well, he has offered to clarify his stance on Chinese boards.

And that he's not even Chinese?

Side with the Hindi/Urdu speaking fake Chinese guy if you want.

I am satisfied that he is Chinese. His English usage pattern is similar to other Chinese people I know.

As for his alleged use of Hindi/Urdu phrases, you are just repeating the position of Indian posters who think they somehow have a monopoly on certain phrases. Their claim is so ridiculous, it is not even worthy of further discussion.

You'll just alienate the real Chinese, like you have already done to me.

Why would you feel alienated if I ask for good manners from our guests? Praising our enemy at our own dinner table is not the most gracious of manners. We accept it from the Indian members because they are speaking for their own country and they have the right to put their country in the most favorable light. But when Chinese members jump up and down singing India's praises, then it makes one wonder...

I challenge "Developereo" to look through my post history, and find even ONE SINGLE post in which I say something negative about Pakistan. It doesn't exist.

I never said you came here to bash Pakistan; only to promote India.

Developereo, even the CCP Government says nice things about India. Does that mean our Premier Wen Jiabao is also a "cyberagent"?

No, he is a diplomat.

Why would you feel alienated if I ask for good manners from our guests? Praising our enemy at our own dinner table is not the most gracious of manners. We accept it from the Indian members because they are speaking for their own country and they have the right to put their country in the most favorable light. But when Chinese members jump up and down singing India's praises, then it makes one wonder...

I never said you came here to bash Pakistan; only to promote India.

Praising the enemy at the dinner table? Sort of like this?

The Japanese are one of the most committed, focussed and goal-driven cultures out there. If they set their minds to it, they can literally dominate Asia again -- or share it with China.

In almost every technological field (rocketry, nuclear, biotech) they are held back by their own self-restraint, not lack of ability.

I'll tell you this, the CCP can say nice things about India because they are NOT our enemy, as Wen Jiabao said himself...

And so can I. As long as I'm not bashing your country then I don't understand why it is your business, and why you keep insulting me, and calling me a "cyberagent".

Guys let's end this here. We don't need to air our problems in public. If we can't say anything nice it's better if we say nothing at all.

I second you, solve all our differences or doubts through PM just like old time, not in public.
Its really getting out of hand, embarrassing i must say.:china:

Too many to count. Please feel free to search for old threads about ancient India, ancient Pakistan, mehulla, harappa, Indus valley civilization, etc. etc.

Are you talking about this whole Bharat movement? Bro get really, must Indians do not want to unite all of S. Asia. Why add more to our population? The current borders are fine with me. Those who say that over the internet are just keyboard warriors.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/24823-indias-defence-requires-reunification-india-pakistan-3.html

Look at this, what Indian took him seriously?

Go back to the topic............

Actually, we are discussing common culture, more specifically, common contemporary culture. Nobody is disputing the history of Buddhism in India; the question here is how much does modern Indian culture have in common with Buddhism?

The factual answer is "not much", except for sites of historical significance. And the repeated claims of Buddhist revival in India are beyond ridiculous. There is more Buddhist "revival" going on in Western countries than in India.

You guys can continue to spout this nonsense propaganda, but the hard facts (0.8% Indian Buddhists compared to 1.7% in USA) demolish your attempts.

On that, my man, you are going a little too far I am afraid. I first of all confess that I am somewhat of an "Indian apologist" myself.

But you have a balanced view: hopeful optimism tempered with caution and a realistic appraisal of India's behavior regionally.

That "tag team", in all honesty, is to me infinitely more preferable to the poisonous posse consisting of "SIF, Greyboy 1/2/3, and SHChinese" from the days I first joint the forum ...

Really, I say the above despite my frequent disagreement with the tag-team.

I think Cardsharp indistinctively understands something that's largely unspoken (base on his posts that I read in the past), i.e., the real future China-India Relationship significantly despends on the health of India-Pakistan relationship, whereas India-Pakistan relationship does not necessarily turn on India-China relationship.

But little Dragon, in his "cooperation is the end-all and be-all" mantra, may or may not get this.

Well, I don't want to talk about people behind their back since CardSharp is supposedly ignoring me, but the other half of the dynamic duo, Chinese-Dragon, is reading so he can respond for the both of them. ;)

To be honest, I don't really keep track of people's posts and their biases, except some very obvious posters, so I was quite taken aback at CardSharp's over-the-top tantrum when I seconded challenger's question why some India-loving Chinese members would showcase their lvoefest on PDF, rather than taking it to an Indian forum.

I specifically said I wasn't questioning anyone's integrity or implicating any specific poster. However, CardSharp went ballistic, in the classic "the lady doth protest too much" fashion and it got me to thinking...

When I started looking back at some of the posts, I noticed the tag-team pattern between these two and the consistent pro-India apologist streak.

Praising the enemy at the dinner table? Sort of like this?

In all my dealings with Chinese people in real life, I have not found any that hated the Japanese. Maybe it's a generational thing and the younger people are more forgiving about the past, or maybe it's because the subject never came up. So, while I understand there is historical baggage between China and Japan, I don't see the two countries as being adverserial in the same way as India/Pakistan.

At least, that is my understanding and, of course, individual Chinese or Japanese members may have a different view.

So, yes, I did write the above, but I also wrote that Japanese have committed crimes in the past and it is an internal matter for the Chinese if and when to forgive them.

Are you talking about this whole Bharat movement?

No, no, I am talking about the claim that, throughout its history, India has been peaceful and restrained. You yourself showed one of the maps which showed the alleged breadth of ancient Indian empires.

Well, I don't want to talk about people behind their back since CardSharp is supposedly ignoring me, but the other half of the dynamic duo, Chinese-Dragon, is reading so he can respond for the both of them. ;)

To be honest, I don't really keep track of people's posts and their biases, except some very obvious posters, so I was quite taken aback at CardSharp's over-the-top tantrum when I seconded challenger's question why some India-loving Chinese members would showcase their lvoefest on PDF, rather than taking it to an Indian forum.

I specifically said I wasn't questioning anyone's integrity or implicating any specific poster. However, CardSharp went ballistic, in the classic "the lady doth protest too much" fashion and it got me to thinking...

When I started looking back at some of the posts, I noticed the tag-team pattern between these two and the consistent pro-India apologist streak.

"Dynamic duo", "pro-India tag team"... tell me why do you insist on these continuous insults.

I've explained it before and I'll explain it again, the reason why we have a problem with challenger is this:

1) He apologizes for Japanese war criminals, and said that the Imperial Japanese army was only trying to "liberate" China.
2) He calls us "Chinese Kommunist Dogs".
3) He cannot read or speak a single word of Chinese, yet he can somehow speak Hindi/Urdu.
4) He claims that Hans are not Chinese.

The Imperial Japanese Army butchered 20 million innocent Chinese civilians, so Chinese people will always react strongly to this issue.

Despite that, I did not insult you when you said that Japan would "dominate" Asia again, because you can praise who you want. Apparently you don't think I'm allowed to, but we'll let the forum rules decide that one.

Back
Top Bottom