What's new

Chinese Foreign Affairs News & Discussions

Exactly right. :cheers:

To be very honest ...i strongly feel all asian countries should emulate and follow the growth pattern that China has acheived. This is a remarkable feet for chinies Gov. I think, indian people always think different to China because its involvement and supporting Paksitan for its wrong deeds....Otherwise i strongly think there is a great deal of simillarity and respect for China and its people in India.....

When Indian Gov is preparing itself against China that should not be considered as offensive major...The reason is it is an acceptable fact that China is too poewrful to India. And if China and India can improve more about people to people to contact and i feel lot many misunderstanding can be removed.

I don't know about actual diplomatic relations but if we want to improve relations between Chinese and Indian members on this forum we need to see less threads like this:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/75086-dragon-closing-india-2.html#post1179062

There have been such articles since time immemorial. They are rubbish but they do reflect a general Indian mistrust of China. Government misinformation in 1962 plays a huge part in generating such opinions.

There have been such articles since time immemorial. They are rubbish but they do reflect a general Indian mistrust of China. Government misinformation in 1962 plays a huge part in generating such opinions.

Indian media (hype) is oh so :flame: :flame: :flame: :chilli: :flame: :chilli:

It's like the grand assembly of trolls from 4chan

(latest accomplishment: dumping turd on CWG)

I would like to ask all the great proponents of China india friendship to go to indian forums and sing the friendship song.

Going to an Indian forum would mean getting a true representation of Indian views on China and Chinese people. Here on PDF we get two types of Indians: honest ones who share their personal opinions (pro- or anti-Pakistan); and devious ones whose main purpose is to spread propaganda (both anti-Pakistan and pro-India).

No Chinese member accused you of being Pakistani.

Yes, but the Indians have been badgering him for ever.
According to them, Indians have a monopoly on certain phrases and nobody else in the world may use them.

I am leaving this forum.

Please don't leave. We want to hear from more honest Chinese like you.

We want balance against the Indian apologist tag team of CardSharp/Chinese-Dragon who both show up at the same time, always support each other's posts, attack anyone who posts against India, and always post pro-India posts themselves.

Urdu/Hindi translated into english, its a cultural thing :azn:

tum bhi join karsakte ho :rofl:

Why not "you can also join?"

yeh tumahare hi desh ka forum hai :lol:

Why not "That forum belongs to your own country"

You don't fool us dude, you're from the subcontinent

These phrases are perfectly normal in everyday English, across the world.
If you think Indians have a monopoly on these phrases, you really need to get out more often.

I don't know about actual diplomatic relations but if we want to improve relations between Chinese and Indian members on this forum we need to see less threads like this:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/75086-dragon-closing-india-2.html#post1179062

Or this
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ias-growth-will-outpace-chinas-economist.html

started by ... Chinese-Dragon (quelle surprise!)

We want to hear from more honest Chinese like you.

You do know that he is an apologist for Japanese war crimes? And that he's not even Chinese?

Side with the Hindi/Urdu speaking fake Chinese guy if you want.

You'll just alienate the real Chinese, like you have already done to me.

You do know that he is an apologist for Japanese war crimes? And that he's not even Chinese?

I beleive....sensible people should not involve with fighting who is chines or not...I always find a strange thing ....all of Pakistani friends always cites example of China and its progress to showcase that India is lagging behind and they make themselves happy...But the fact is even India and its people accept that China and its growth is a reallity and its a growing superpower..but why you guys are jumping about....becoz..you should take credit for the things that you have done rather than someone else has done.....

Simillarly here, if any chinies friends support India...then Pak friends are behind him to prove that he is not from China...how ridiculous...Come on man...:)

Simillarly here, if any chinies friends support India...then Pak friends are behind him to prove that he is not from China...how ridiculous...Come on man...:)

Exactly. :tup:

I challenge "Developereo" to look through my post history, and find even ONE SINGLE post in which I say something negative about Pakistan. It doesn't exist.

But when I say nice things about India, suddenly he starts calling me a "cyberagent" and other such nonsense.

Developereo, even the CCP Government says nice things about India. Does that mean our Premier Wen Jiabao is also a "cyberagent"?

China, India not opponents but partners: Chinese Premier - People's Daily Online

[History of Buddhism in India]

Nobody is disputing the history of Buddhism in India or its influence on Hinduism. The point under discussion is how much of that is relevant today. We are not living in the 12th century, this is the 21st century and the fact is that Buddhism is all but non-existant in modern day India, except for some historical sites.

An average Chinese or Japanese Buddhist would find precious little in common if he went to a Hindu temple.

Finally, measuring culture by percentage points of a population is strange practice.

In a thread full of vague assertions and irrelevant ancient history, this is one of the few contemporary facts to disprove the patently false assertion of 'common culture'.

We have already looked at the cultural factor, so sadly misunderstood by your lack of knowledge of the religions involved, and their overlap.

Not misunderstood, exposed.
If you want to dress up ancient history as indicative of modern day shared culture, keep trying. But it will be an uphill battle against the facts.

Like I said, your entire premise is analogous to saying that the USA has 'common culture' with Iraq because they still use the ancient Babylonian system of base-60. (60 seconds, 60 minutes, 360 degrees, ...)

What about economic cooperation?

What about economics? Like I said, bilateral trade is insignificant in terms of total GDP for either country.

And, in any case, it is irrelevant. China's trade with the West is far greater but both side are well aware of the two-way threat-perception.

Why on Earth would China want to build up India as a regional competitor?

Second, quoting a chest-thumping thread on this very forum is not a substitute for authentic information

The chest-thumping thread quoted an official statement by the Indian military chief.

That's the point, and one which you have already acknowledged. India is building up militarily against China. Point closed.

At least you did not seek to defend the indefensible. We must be thankful for small mercies.

Actually, I already demolished your lame argument of a 'shared culture' between India and China, so there was nothing more to do.

Why should we abandon an argument because it displays the fallacy of yours? Why should we not pin you down to the fact that greater cultural compatibility within the sub-continent - shared languages, shared ethnicity, shared religions, shared cultures of private life, food, clothing, the works, does not lead to greater compatibility?

I see the problem.
You are displaying the classic logical fallacy of reverse causation, so let's have a little lesson in logic...

My statement is that shared culture is a necessary condition for a voluntary shared union, such as the EU, to exist. I never claimed that it, by itself, is a sufficient condition for such a union.

In logic, there is the concept of "necessary, but not sufficient". For example, oxygen is necessary for (aerobic) life to exist, but it doesn't mean that life will be present everywhere just because there is oxygen.

The factors that drive a union are partly cultural and partly economic, and both factors exist in Asia in general, and between India and China in particular.

No they don't. The concept of an India-China union is missing the essential ingredient of shared anything. India and China do not share culture, religion, language, history, nothing!

It doesn't preclude trade relations and cautious 'friendship' but don't believe for one second that India wouldn't stab China in the back if it got a better deal with the West.

You must remember that a state in dissolution is unlikely to remain a viable member of a partnership, however ardently both sides desire it.

No doubt you will work out the implications by yourself.

Pakistan/China relations, and the political future of Pakistan, are not the subject of this discussion.

Again, it is necessary to point out that this is a view developed in ignorance of history and historical facts.

You say I am ignorant, then you confirm what I just wrote. Let's review...

I wrote:

it was mostly a geographical accident because of the Himalayas. There were some brief clashes, but neither side followed through

And you wrote:

First, India and China never faced each other across the Himalayas for nearly 1,600 years of recorded history.[...]
Second, it is a myth that there was no military or political activity across the Himalayas. The Tibetans had penetrated across in the West all the way upto the Hindu Shahi kingdom at one stage; directly to the south, the greater Tibetan Empire extended into Bengal and parts of the Gangetic plains.

So you are saying that Tibetans (whom Indians consider Indians, not Chinese, by the way) penetrated India. Wonderful! But there was no Indian entry into China proper, ever, other than Buddhism.

You will appreciate that a reference to unnamed Akhand Bharat friends is hardly either a factual or a logical response.

As a student of history, I can assure you that I am not aware of any such conquests, other than Chola domination of parts of South East Asia. None other existed historically.

It is pathetic to cite the hypothetical statements of hypothetical others, when you are confronted with details and dates.

Here's one of many assertions by Indians about 'ancient India'.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/23654-future-china-india-relations-27.html#post1176703

Maybe you guys can compare notes and figure out which version of the propaganda you want to promote...

Really? How embarrassing. We should perhaps reach for the skies in future, and try to achieve, say, the corresponding Pakistan-China trade figures.

Again, you are resorting to detractions when you can't refute a point.

What does that remark add to the discussion? Besides adding local colour and drama?

It sums up the whole debate. Indian propagandists want to promote a false image of 'friendship' with China, but India's actions and history belie that claim. You yourself are surely sincere in your belief of friendship, but the Indian leadership, and much of Indian media, is not with you.

Indian propagandists want to promote a false image of 'friendship' with China, but India's actions and history belie that claim.

Do you consider our Premier Wen Jiabao to be an "Indian propagandist"?

"Only if China and India achieve common development and prosperity could we have a real Asia century," Wen Jiabao told Indian Minister of Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma.

Both China and India were large developing nations in Asia, and the total population of the two countries accounted for 40 percent of the world, Wen noted.

The premier said his country would work with India to boost good-neighborly friendship, increase coordinations in major international issues, and expand cooperation in trade, investment and other sectors in line with the principles of mutual respect, equality and mutual benefits.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90883/6873372.html

Do you consider our Premier Wen Jiabao to be an "Indian propagandist"?
No, He wants to prove that just because China and Pakistan are strong allies, India (Pakistan's arch enemy) cannot have friendly ties with China. I can understand his frustration trying to impose an opinion on a few Chinese members who are trying to look beyond history and into the future growth of their economies.

Both India and China realize the importance of working together to fight off western dominance over the world economy.

Are you in charge of the Hong Kong tea party, little dragon? What's a "real Chinese"? One who attended international school in HK? Name me one "real Chinese" beside yourself who would call Hiroshima and Nagasaki "genocide" ...

For the record, I just read some of Challenger's exchange with the new "posse", I agree that Challenger should be proud of his "actual" identity and show no fear of speaking his mind.

I would've defended him if it wasn't for the fact that I, too, have doubts about the flags he wears. If he is from China and can't read Chinese, then just give us an explanation and let it be the end of it.

For the record also, I don't entirely agree with Developereo's stance wrt to "Challenger", but Developereo himself is a member whose view I have come to respect and generally enjoy reading.

If he (or she) "alienated" your International School-trained highness, then perhaps he would strike a chord with real Chinese by chance?

Back
Top Bottom