What's new

Chinese auto makers leaving Iran

This thread is about cars but it would be nice to see BYD electric buses cruising around Tehran and other Iranian cities. Also I'm wondering whether this thing would hit the car market anytime soon :woot: : The Youxia X is a new Electric Super Sedan from China

Concerning the consumers, no one is forced to purchase a vehicle from this certain make or that manufacturer but I do hope that the quality Chinese makes stay here or at least return in the near future and can gain a decent foothold in the Iranian market. Chery, to be honest, is not my favourite Chinese car maker though.

This thread is about cars but it would be nice to see BYD electric buses cruising around Tehran and other Iranian cities. Also I'm wondering whether this thing would hit the car market anytime soon :woot: : The Youxia X is a new Electric Super Sedan from China

Concerning the consumers, no one is forced to purchase a vehicle from this certain make or that manufacturer but I do hope that the quality Chinese makes stay here or at least return in the near future and can gain a decent foothold in the Iranian market. Chery, to be honest, is not my favourite Chinese car maker though.

When it comes to electric cars, i will say yes, Chinese brands are indeed up to par with the best in Europe/Japan/US. :tup:

When it comes to electric cars, i will say yes, Chinese brands are indeed up to par with the best in Europe/Japan/US. :tup:

Electric cars are getting more serious than ever. Tesla Motors (US Company) might be the new Microsoft. Their car named Model-S does have a confirmed KM 300 on a single charge (compared to only KM160 for most of its competitors). The Model-S also looks like a real car (as opposed to other tiny electric or hybird cars). It is still expensive though $80 K - $100 K, but the price will get lower and lower as they keep going.

It was not until the 1990s when the development of electric cars gradually started to resurge, so the Chinese automotive industry, despite being a new kid on the block compared to the European, Japanese and American counterparts in the international market, is not late to the party in that regard.

That might be a bit of a dream (at least in the coming 5-7 years). I am talking about somthing within the possible reach? I am more of a Lexus guy if we speak about the expensive taste, and Toyota FJ or Toyota Land Cruiser if we speack about the more realistic choice.

I don't really have big interest in European cars. They aren't as reliable as the Japanese ones (yet they are the most expensive ones by far). American cars are more comfortable to drive and are generally less expensive than even the Japanese ones, but relaibility isn't that great either. Ford cars seem to be the most reliable now. General Motors are strugling with very few reliable cars still on thier list (e.g. Chevy Taho and GMC Yukon).

When it comes to reliability, Toyata comes first with a huge margin. It's amazing how they manage to produce a big number of cars while keeping the quality at top level. Quantity and quality, both great.

asians.jpg

Also Lexus is great too,I have a thing for IS-250, it looks amazing and the designer took a high but great risk for this model I believe. Toyata group is known to be conservative in designs, but Lexus is breaking these barriers now.

IS-250-FSport-AWD-Warehouse-Sedan-Styles-Overview-1204x555-IS1414-2014-Lexus.jpg

chinese cars are still the lowest quality of all the major car producing countries. If Iranians have money and choice, why not go with better(est)?

True talk bro. I don't understand why your comrade says some people/Iranians are white worshipers simply because they refer better quality European/Japanese cars. He should know by now that Its not about white worshiping, its about best quality. Everybody(including the Chinese) know very well that their automobile industry/cars are nowhere near Korean brands/car makers, forget about Japanese/European brands/car makers . As a matter of fact, even in China all/majority of their cars are European/Japanese and to a lesser extent Korean brands/car makers that totally dominate the market there. I advice your brother to visit China and see for himself. Chinese SOE car makers(who are by far the largest producers of cars in Chin) are simply OEM of European brands. So its no white worshiping saying Chinese brands will/might go extinct in Iran once the sanctions are fully lifted and European/Japanese brands enter the Iranian market.

By European you mean German. british cars are completely horrible quality, that too after great improvements made by Indian ownership. I can't imagine how horrendous it was under british hands.

Sadly from the armada of chinese car we saw in iran in last years only one or two had could get the necessary standard that let them operate in EU .

If you want get something from china get some quality product not mvm110 or GreatWall

MVM shouldn't count, because it's being assembled in Iran by our own specifications, sort of. So, MWM should be blamed more on OUR ability to have better standards rather than blame China. The Brand MWM is only being sold in Iran.

Regarding Great Wall, I don't have much information, but a quick search shows that Great Wall is sold in many countries. It's sold in other countries in the region (such as Dubai), and it seems they also have a UK presence.

Some of Chinese cars have good quality, like the latest Besturn B-50F from FAW and also Geely, but some have very cheap quaility, like Lifan. Only imports of low quality cars should be prohibited, there is no problem with quality brands.

We shouldn't ban brands, but we should impose high car standards, such as safety standards, and insist on very strict after-sale services, and penalties for importers if they aren't able to provide such professional after-sales services. For example, any importer that doesn't have "parts" for a car that is under guarantee and makes the customer wait for weeks, should be forced by the government to pay the customer for the delay.

This, of course, should for the whole import business. The fault is usually on our importers not the countries. China can make any kind of product they please, from a 1000 usd speaker to a 1 USD speaker, and its not their fault if our businessmen bring in the 1 USD speakers. The only way it will change is if the businessmen who is importing the 1 USD speakers is regulated by the government.

For example, how upsetting is it, that in 2015, we still go to shops that say, "jense forukhte shode pas nemigereftim" while other countries have laws regarding refund policies. If shops are forced to take responsibility for their goods, then they will be forced to not import cheap brands that will end up as huge losses for them.

chinese cars are still the lowest quality of all the major car producing countries. If Iranians have money and choice, why not go with better(est)?

By European you mean German. british cars are completely horrible quality, that too after great improvements made by Indian ownership. I can't imagine how horrendous it was under british hands.

:omghaha:

MVM shouldn't count, because it's being assembled in Iran by our own specifications, sort of. So, MWM should be blamed more on OUR ability to have better standards rather than blame China. The Brand MWM is only being sold in Iran.

Regarding Great Wall, I don't have much information, but a quick search shows that Great Wall is sold in many countries. It's sold in other countries in the region (such as Dubai), and it seems they also have a UK presence.

We shouldn't ban brands, but we should impose high car standards, such as safety standards, and insist on very strict after-sale services, and penalties for importers if they aren't able to provide such professional after-sales services. For example, any importer that doesn't have "parts" for a car that is under guarantee and makes the customer wait for weeks, should be forced by the government to pay the customer for the delay.

This, of course, should for the whole import business. The fault is usually on our importers not the countries. China can make any kind of product they please, from a 1000 usd speaker to a 1 USD speaker, and its not their fault if our businessmen bring in the 1 USD speakers. The only way it will change is if the businessmen who is importing the 1 USD speakers is regulated by the government.

For example, how upsetting is it, that in 2015, we still go to shops that say, "jense forukhte shode pas nemigereftim" while other countries have laws regarding refund policies. If shops are forced to take responsibility for their goods, then they will be forced to not import cheap brands that will end up as huge losses for them.

That is due to consumer protection laws. Another thing that is missing is national government run laboratories that publish public reports on safety and reliability for example like US national transportation safety board.

Instead of Cherry, the Chinese should send in Volvo into Iran. China owns the Volvo and if Volvo builds a manufacturing plant in Iran, it can make huge profits.
They own Volvo in a way that they can not even use Volvo techs on their own locally made cars!! How they can export it when they can not even use it for their own car industry!!?

They own Volvo in a way that they can not even use Volvo techs on their own locally made cars!! How they can export it when they can not even use it for their own car industry!!?

I think they can use that. The problem is the payment since Volvo has invested money in developing those platforms and technologies. And if they wanted, they could certainly set up a manufacturing plant in Iran. The problem though is something else, namely almost entire Iran's car industry is based on French platforms.

I personally am interested in Japanese and German cars.japanese cars with reasonable price can be find in the market as well.for example a mitsubishi Lancer type 4 is currently 110 milion toman and type 2 is 90 milion toman.We would personally go for lancer type 4 in case it becomes slightly cheaper next year.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom