What's new

Chinese auto makers leaving Iran

the Iranian ones that can beat Toyota's quality any day.

I do not see the name of Saudi Arabia here among car manufacturers: List of countries by motor vehicle production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Egypt and Tunisia are there. But not Saudi Arabia.

Even in camel production, Saudi Arabia is not doing any better compared to Somalia. Here is the stat from United Nations agency FAO:

chart.jpeg

The same old oil = goods policy of Islamic Republic and Pahlavi is coming back very fast .

I just don't get the point of this revolution , Half million people have lost their lives for what exactly !?

I'm sure under the cover of the US in Pahlavi era Iranians could enjoy the best and newest stuffs coming from the US and Europe directly than the junks Islamic Republic either imported from China or produced inside the country .

Lets ask Islamic Republic supporters in this forum , What is the difference exactly ?

In 70s Iran was going to have nuclear program , best military force in Middle East , best equipment and in a decade or so the development across the country as it was planned to counter soviets but now ...

After 8 years of war , cruel sanctions , etc our people are celebrating for things that are not even close to what they could have under Pahlavi rule !

Everyone is having multiple orgasms for the chance of buying some Russian equipments from the 80s or importing equipments from the west while the US could give that to Iran 36 years ago .

o_O
India didn't buy it, an Indian company TATA Motors did. Ford and not British government sold it.

EDIT: Unless this was a joke, at which point I would say that it was a very poor joke:p:

Ford also sold Volvo in March 2010.
Volvo sold by Ford to Chinese automaker for $1.8 billion - Mar. 28, 2010

Unfortunately Volvo sort of sat on their butt (like Blackberry) and was overtaken by other automakers.
A car can be red hot and then in an instant be overtaken and never climb back up.
It seems to be doing well in China.

Another company:
Saab Automobile bankruptcy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love the Chinese, and all their products, but indeed, I'd rather have Western/Japanese/Korean automakers in Iran. Same for trucks. Everything else, including infrastructure, China is number 1. Even their bulldozers etc. But for producing automobiles/buses/trucks? I'd go with the aforementioned nations.

Toyota should go in Iran.

I do not see the name of Saudi Arabia here among car manufacturers: List of countries by motor vehicle production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even in camel production, Saudi Arabia is not doing any better compared to Somalia. Here is the stat from United Nations agency FAO:

View attachment 241072
Iran car production is 32 times more than Egypt.

Countries Compared by Industry > Car > Production. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Somalia & Iran export camels to Saudi.

Somalia exported about 4.7 million animals to Saudi Arabia last year...

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...audi-camel-import-ban-would-hurt-economy.html

Also camel is the most searched word in internet by the Saudis.

@Full Moon
The same old oil = goods policy of Islamic Republic and Pahlavi is coming back very fast .

I just don't get the point of this revolution , Half million people have lost their lives for what exactly !?

I'm sure under the cover of the US in Pahlavi era Iranians could enjoy the best and newest stuffs coming from the US and Europe directly than the junks Islamic Republic either imported from China or produced inside the country .

Lets ask Islamic Republic supporters in this forum , What is the difference exactly ?

In 70s Iran was going to have nuclear program , best military force in Middle East , best equipment and in a decade or so the development across the country as it was planned to counter soviets but now ...

After 8 years of war , cruel sanctions , etc our people are celebrating for things that are not even close to what they could have under Pahlavi rule !

Everyone is having multiple orgasms for the chance of buying some Russian equipments from the 80s or importing equipments from the west while the US could give that to Iran 36 years ago .
We even couldn't build this at shah era.

800px-Barbed_Wire_1.jpg

Building things is not always profitable. Most of the times these are built while making losses when a country is not open to the world economy. Just look at the countries in cold ear era that didn't open their economies. They had the same industries but when their economies were opened those industries died because they couldn't compete with companies of other countries that offer the same product for a cheaper price.

@Full Moon

We even couldn't build this at shah era.

800px-Barbed_Wire_1.jpg

We didn't build that because we neither needed to get our hands dirty nor it was financially justified to build such things while we could import them with a cheaper price from the west .

The same way Islamic Republic doesn't produce many things despite the knowledge and technology we have in Iran .

A good example is the car industry , Iran has the knowledge to produce Pride ( for example ) 100% inside the country but you see the government still imports the parts from China due to cheaper price .

This is honest regarding military field as well , Building the platform for fighter jets and producing them might be possible now or in a decade but will that be worthy considering the huge R & D + production costs mentioning the resources while these fighter jest with higher quality and proven history in decades can be bought .

By the way , I did not defend Pahlavi neither did I support them as most of the old members know here I'm myself against them and have more positive view regarding what is called independence in Islamic Republic but in reality is almost non existent .

What I'm saying is about Iranian people who have been played for 3 generations and this has already been too costly for them while the governors are not even loyal to what they use to say 3 decades ago leading the country to a big paradox and maybe chaos .

These people revolted , fought an 8 year long war , tolerated the most cruel sanctions and so on to get rid of Pahlavi government and system but lets see the achievement after almost 4 decade !

Iran is world's one of the most corrupted countries and considering recent embezzlements and other dirty politics inside the country I doubt we have any rival not only on earth but the milky way and neighboring galaxies .

Our society ? , I don't want to act like the retarded open minded writers and directors and their fanboys inside and outside the country who are good at showing the grey world in Iran 24/7 but lets be honest and look at the society , look at people from your parents to neighbors and others .

Lets look at majority of our youth , the educated and uneducated ones , what can be seen there ?

What about the families ?

How about our industry and employment ?

1 might say we should not judge the majority because of a minority which is true and I myself believe that , In this case we can say the same for Pahlavi and Qajar .

2 days ago I was watching Mr Rahimpour Azghadi's lectures in Japan , It was informative and had vision regarding the generations in Japan and disappearance of Japanese traditions and zeal and replacing that with American model , what made me laugh was the fact that this man was either living in delusion or had forgotten his own country where he and his likes tried to make a model and symbol not only for Iran but the whole world but the outcome can be seen these days where Iranian youth are leaving their American counterparts behind !

This paradox and confusion in Iran will hurt the country unless the governors be honest with themselves in first place and then their people .

Chinese car producers whose products are low quality will eventually have to bid farewell to the Iranian market,” said Shahram Azadi, an economist and a university professor in Tehran.
Why are all things that are designed by China low quality?? :cheesy:

Hi,

The Iranians like Mercedes ---- their preference will be german and Japanese---.
Iranian like anything German . Everything they built for us last far more than what it supposed to last but we cant say so for other countries.
The tunnel and bridges they built for us at the time of Reza Shah are still operational but other roads that have been built latter wenr out of operation years ago.

View attachment 241072

You are very unfair to Somalia. And who told you that KSA being extremely arid is a good place for live stock production? We grow animal feed in KSA and import them as well - but for pretty small local production of livestock. Bottom line, without reasonable rain fall any big agricultural activities isn't economically sensible. Wait, who told you that whatever we do in KSA is economically sensible? We are heavily dependent on the crude, but that doesn't mean we should be spreading useless propaganda to the World to cover our economic mismanagement. It is like wearing a long pair of pants to try to hide your short height.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, some Iranians, like most other people from our region, have not yet gotten rid of their white-wannabe complexes. China is growing better day by day. First they made fun of Japanese brand, and then it became one of the best. Then they made fun of Korean brands as a cheaper version of Japanese brands, and we saw where they are now with Kia & Hyundai.

Now, they are doing the same with Chinese brands, not knowing the future. I would prefer the country's leadership be closer to the Chinese business community than the Europeans.

We're seeing some very good Chinese cars that are great value.

India be exporting Toyota cars :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom