What's new

Chinese auto makers leaving Iran

The same old oil = goods policy of Islamic Republic and Pahlavi is coming back very fast .

I just don't get the point of this revolution , Half million people have lost their lives for what exactly !?

I'm sure under the cover of the US in Pahlavi era Iranians could enjoy the best and newest stuffs coming from the US and Europe directly than the junks Islamic Republic either imported from China or produced inside the country .

Lets ask Islamic Republic supporters in this forum , What is the difference exactly ?

In 70s Iran was going to have nuclear program , best military force in Middle East , best equipment and in a decade or so the development across the country as it was planned to counter soviets but now ...

After 8 years of war , cruel sanctions , etc our people are celebrating for things that are not even close to what they could have under Pahlavi rule !

Everyone is having multiple orgasms for the chance of buying some Russian equipments from the 80s or importing equipments from the west while the US could give that to Iran 36 years ago .

Well said. Wrll, blame your delusional mullahs my friend.:)

Unfortunately, some Iranians, like most other people from our region, have not yet gotten rid of their white-wannabe complexes. China is growing better day by day. First they made fun of Japanese brand, and then it became one of the best. Then they made fun of Korean brands as a cheaper version of Japanese brands, and we saw where they are now with Kia & Hyundai.

Now, they are doing the same with Chinese brands, not knowing the future. I would prefer the country's leadership be closer to the Chinese business community than the Europeans.

We're seeing some very good Chinese cars that are great value.

One common thing with many 3rd world governments is raising the import tax on cars to nearly %100. This is to cover their lousy tax system as they can't get the taxes they want easily so instead they make it all in one punch. The truth is that in these poorly managed countries, the excessive tax goes to the corrupt elite who in return gets the cool imports with the corruption money and make speeches about how great the local industry is.

Local consumers are left with 2 choices. The first one is, buy low quality local cars with your hard earned money and live with its problems. Or, buy imported cars for an astronomical price. Many local consumers prefer instead to buy heavily used imported car, than buying a brand new local car. The price of the used imported car is still astronomical.

I thought it was to encourage domestic production.

Many countries have that type of tax even with no local production, namely Jordan and Lebanon (among many others). It doesn't have to be %100 for encouraging local production though. That's outrageous and very unfair. %50 tax would still do "the encouragement" (if that encouragement is genuine to begin with).

In fact, cars aren't the only thing that is being imported in these countries. Far too many stuff are. Starting from cars isn't necessarily wise. Whey they don't try their luck with cell phones and electronics as well?

Last edited:
Ford also sold Volvo in March 2010.
Volvo sold by Ford to Chinese automaker for $1.8 billion - Mar. 28, 2010

Unfortunately Volvo sort of sat on their butt (like Blackberry) and was overtaken by other automakers.
A car can be red hot and then in an instant be overtaken and never climb back up.
It seems to be doing well in China.

Another company:
Saab Automobile bankruptcy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Volvo's cars are weird. I like this truck though.

Archer_FH77_BW_L52_wheeled_self-propelled_howitzer_BAE_Systems_Bofors_Sweden_Swedish_frontt_side_view_001.jpg

Unfortunately, some Iranians, like most other people from our region, have not yet gotten rid of their white-wannabe complexes. China is growing better day by day. First they made fun of Japanese brand, and then it became one of the best. Then they made fun of Korean brands as a cheaper version of Japanese brands, and we saw where they are now with Kia & Hyundai.

Now, they are doing the same with Chinese brands, not knowing the future. I would prefer the country's leadership be closer to the Chinese business community than the Europeans.

Sadly from the armada of chinese car we saw in iran in last years only one or two had could get the necessary standard that let them operate in EU .

If you want get something from china get some quality product not mvm110 or GreatWall

they better to not go too far away. there is no deal yet.

Some of Chinese cars have good quality, like the latest Besturn B-50F from FAW and also Geely, but some have very cheap quaility, like Lifan. Only imports of low quality cars should be prohibited, there is no problem with quality brands.

Some of Chinese cars have good quality, like the latest Besturn B-50F from FAW and also Geely, but some have very cheap quaility, like Lifan. Only imports of low quality cars should be prohibited, there is no problem with quality brands.

What is your personally preferred auto manafacturer, and what is your preferred car of that manafacturer?

PressTV-Chinese auto makers leaving Iran

Iran’s media reported on Sunday that the recent surge in the enthusiasm of European automakers to get a foothold in the Iranian market is already pushing Chinese brands to leave.

ISNA news agency has quoted officials at China’s leading automaker Chery as saying that the company’s share of the Iranian market has decreased over the past year.

They say Chery was previously warmly welcomed in Iran, but there has been a decline in the interest of Iranians toward the company’s products in light of the progress in talks over the country’s nuclear energy program.

Iran and the P5+1 – the five permanent members of the Security Council plus Germany – announced at the end of marathon top-level talks on July 14 that they had agreed on certain restrictions over the Iranian nuclear energy activities in return for the removal of certain economic sanctions against the country.

A key class of sanctions that will be removed will be those that ban foreign investments in the country’s industries including the auto industry.

The exit of Chinese car manufacturers had been expected before with the arrival of global majors, ISNA has further quoted Iranian auto market experts.

“Some Chinese car producers whose products are low quality will eventually have to bid farewell to the Iranian market,” said Shahram Azadi, an economist and a university professor in Tehran.

“The screw will grown even tighter on Chinese producers if European car manage to provide products to the Iranian market that will be cheaper but would have a better quality,” Azadi added.

Several top European auto brands have already voiced readiness to venture into the Iranian auto market. They include Renault and Peugeot from France as well as Volkswagen from Germany.

“The presence of leading global auto brands will eventually raise the alarms for both the Chinese and the Iranian car manufacturers,” wrote ISNA.

“Many experts believe that if Iran Khodro and SAIPA fail to improve the quality of their products, they will have to quit the race in the market in favor of their European rivals”.

That is expected...West's approch of sactioning nation is indirectly hurting West economy and allowed China to exploit the situation with lower quality product in the Iran market...

Ah, you guys should not be jealous. India also bought Jaguar Land Rover (Actually Iran also wanted to buy Jaguar Land Rover, but at the end British government refused to sell it to Iran and accepted the lower bid of India, due to political considerations).

He is not jealous...it is just saying that every one learns every day with course of time..His reference of "You" is not for Iran than being used in general way of addressing to every one.

Dear friend..you are not understanding a point...being friendly to a bussiness and particular company is not the same like friendly with a nation...Half of the nation including China trades with Japan and the west if also, they might have political differences....Every nation should strive for the best technology to adopt and then replicate for their own manfacturing industry...For China, they are number uno in the Infrastructure segment but high end technology, Europe and West still leads the show...

Favorite brand: Mercedes Benz
Favorite model: S-class.Coupe.

I know, it's an expensive taste, lol.
2015-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-Coupe-8.jpg

That might be a bit of a dream (at least in the coming 5-7 years). I am talking about somthing within the possible reach? I am more of a Lexus guy if we speak about the expensive taste, and Toyota FJ or Toyota Land Cruiser if we speack about the more realistic choice.

I don't really have big interest in European cars. They aren't as reliable as the Japanese ones (yet they are the most expensive ones by far). American cars are more comfortable to drive and are generally less expensive than even the Japanese ones, but relaibility isn't that great either. Ford cars seem to be the most reliable now. General Motors are strugling with very few reliable cars still on thier list (e.g. Chevy Taho and GMC Yukon).

Sadly from the armada of chinese car we saw in iran in last years only one or two had could get the necessary standard that let them operate in EU .

If you want get something from china get some quality product not mvm110 or GreatWall

True talk bro. I don't understand why your comrade says some people/Iranians are white worshipers simply because they refer better quality European/Japanese cars. He should know by now that Its not about white worshiping, its about best quality. Everybody(including the Chinese) know very well that their automobile industry/cars are nowhere near Korean brands/car makers, forget about Japanese/European brands/car makers . As a matter of fact, even in China all/majority of their cars are European/Japanese and to a lesser extent Korean brands/car makers that totally dominate the market there. I advice your brother to visit China and see for himself. Chinese SOE car makers(who are by far the largest producers of cars in Chin) are simply OEM of European brands. So its no white worshiping saying Chinese brands will/might go extinct in Iran once the sanctions are fully lifted and European/Japanese brands enter the Iranian market.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom