What's new

Chinese and Korean players throw match: Olympic shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all of the eight athletes accused here, none of their countries "understand the spirit of the Olympics"?

That is quite a big accusation.

Is it in the "spirit of the Olympics" to have BBC presenter Clare Balding say that 16-year old Ye Shiwen was doing illegal doping, when she turned out to be completely clean?
The athletes represent the countries. But okay, I get you point.

Clare Balding can say what she likes. She's allowed to. Besides she is not competing.

I see a lot white servants blaming china and say their glorious and brave white masters never do such kind of things .it's really disgusting to see that even today ,the slave mentality still remains so well.I guess Indian deserves to be ruled by Turks ,Muslims and British.They are born slave.You want some respect from them?then conquere and treat them as slaves,then they would be loyal to you.

Pass the opium this way :drag:

Anyways what does this have to do with chini athletes cheating?

I see a lot white servants blaming china and say their glorious and brave white masters never do such kind of things .it's really disgusting to see that even today ,the slave mentality still remains so well.I guess Indian deserves to be ruled by Turks ,Muslims and British.They are born slave.You want some respect from them?then conquere and treat them as slaves,then they would be loyal to you.

Who said that? I think too much sewing of Nikes in a sweatshop for some rice has started taking its toll.

Dont blame the Players they lose a game because they wanted to win the ultimate prize in the next rounds. Blame the stupid Group match rule.

I'm glad they did it, I want gold, all this Olympic spirit nonsense have always been broken by all countries. People that care about Olympic spirit crap are the losers, it's like saying 'what's important is to participate'. LOL.
Olympic spirit is PC nonsense, no one follows it.

As long as we win gold, I couldn't give a rats arse.
Excellent attitude...We can conclude you see nothing wrong with cheating, as long you do not get caught.

in the west ,they do that all the time
Someone else's sin does not justify your own.

I wouldn't say china is not good enough to win fair and square when there the world champions in badminton. Just doesn't make sense why the best in the world would go to an olympic a high honor for any individual to even make it because it means ur the best of your country and then try to throw a game just to get an easier schedule?
Both teams already made the semi finals as well so its weird why not play it out...

So all of the eight athletes accused here, none of their countries "understand the spirit of the Olympics"?

That is quite a big accusation.

Is it in the "spirit of the Olympics" to have BBC presenter Clare Balding say that 16-year old Ye Shiwen was doing illegal doping, when she turned out to be completely clean?
But then...Why should you care...After all...
As long as we win gold, I couldn't give a rats arse.

this strategy is being used all the time in football ruby cricket touraments ect ect

I wouldn't say china is not good enough to win fair and square when there the world champions in badminton. Just doesn't make sense why the best in the world would go to an olympic a high honor for any individual to even make it because it means ur the best of your country and then try to throw a game just to get an easier schedule?
Both teams already made the semi finals as well so its weird why not play it out...

they want to get the one two spot in badminton

this strategy is being used all the time in football ruby cricket touraments ect ect

they want to get the one two spot in badminton

no it is not.. it has been done in the past, and they have been punished accordingly

the attitudes of chinese in this forum and the athletes really prove that china will do anything to win as many medals as possible.. cheating.. drugs.. etc

i really hope the IOC bans them from competing for the remainder of the olympics.. this would be justice served and lesson learned

in football you just dont send your best players out when you already won the group match or you score heavily in a match

no it is not.. it has been done in the past, and they have been punished accordingly

the attitudes of chinese in this forum and the athletes really prove that china will do anything to win as many medals as possible.. cheating.. drugs.. etc

i really hope the IOC bans them from competing for the remainder of the olympics.. this would be justice served and lesson learned

you just dont have a clue what you talking about

in football you just dont send your best players out when you already won the group match or you score heavily in a match
Bad analogy. If your mediocre players can beat the other team, why use your best? That is not cheating. You will win regardless. If you send your best, you will win by a greater margin. But why for? Your best players can get injured, reducing your odds for a victory against a comparable opponent. The issue is that the CURRENT match is supposed to be won, not lost. This attempt to justify the throwing of this match tells me you have a shortage of ethics.

you just dont have a clue what you talking about

i know exactly what im talking about.... in football, rugby, soccer etc.. tanking is frowned upon and is punishable by the games ruling body.. this is fact.. look it up in the rules!! in fact, look up past indiscretions and you will see they were punished!!!

"resting" players is not tanking... in aussie rule football for example, some clubs rest players, especially if the player has a niggling injury. this does not amount to tanking as the young inexperienced people get important experience aimed at growth and advancement of their skills and ability..... if a team losing matches on purpose to benefit themselves they and their club is punished.... this rule seems to apply everywhere except china.... because china will do ANYTHING it can to win

look at their history of drug cheats and how they were supported and sponsored by the state and officials... they tank matches to go against easier opponents and also so they wont have to face and knock out their countrymen of the competition... this is cheating.. it is nothing like resting/swapping a player...

The athletes represent the countries. But okay, I get you point.

Clare Balding can say what she likes. She's allowed to. Besides she is not competing.

But was it in the "spirit of the Olympics"?

Do you know how much doping has occurred by athletes from all the major countries? Does that mean none of them understand the "spirit of the Olympics"?

it is nothing like resting/swapping a player...
No sense of ethics.

But was it in the "spirit of the Olympics"?

Do you know how much doping has occurred by athletes from all the major countries? Does that mean none of them understand the "spirit of the Olympics"?
No...They understood that spirit completely. Deliberate violations of ethics does not mean one is ignorant of said ethics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom