What's new

Chinese and Korean players throw match: Olympic shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about aboriginal indian ozie for a change!

your almost the same as chinese-wanker.... your just trying to make up for being so small in other areas... no girls actually want you... i knew the last girl you had sex with.. she told me, you started shaking while on top of her, and she ask what you doin and u sed im having sex with you... but she didnt even realise you put it in yet

i have 7 different bloodlines.. aboriginal is one of them.. although my skin is white, i do tan very easy and in summer my skin color goes close to an indonesians skin color.

Look at the imagination of these Indians. :rofl:

You guys have only one claim to glory, having more poverty and starvation than Africa. That is literally the only difference between you and them.

you suck! you ignorance about the atp and all that with the Olympics is appalling but excusable because you guys are miserable in all these!

My ignorance about the ATP??? LOL - really? I spend more time on the tennis court than anywhere else. Have you ever held a tennis racquet in your hand? Stick to jumping up and down on the trampoline.

You guys have only one claim to glory, having more poverty and starvation than Africa. That is literally the only difference between you and them.
you seem unable to comprehend that he is OZ. does the script not cover this topic?

how about aboriginal indian ozie for a change!

Next he's going to claim that he actually has 8 bloodlines and one of them is African. :rofl:

He's already got Indian, and Aboriginal Australian (apparently) and white (apparently) so why not?

Actually he says he has 7 bloodlines. Maybe, but all from within India. :P

Well - let's see. Difference between you and the Africans - you not only have more poverty and starvation - at least some of the African citizens have seen a voting booth.

He changes his story every 5 seconds and talks like an Indian.

Nobody is insulting Australia here, yet for some reason he clearly comes only to the defence of Indians, and seems to hate Chinese and Pakistanis.

Whereas we all know in real life that Australians hate Indians the most. :rofl:

Everyone on Earth has heard that Australians like beating up Indians.

show us some posts where i have defended "indians" and i will show you 100 posts where i have critisized "indians".. yeh makes sense if im indian to critisize other indians doesnt it... your really smart man, i mean wow.. like really intelligent.. *rolls eyes*

and i have not changed my story... you can look right back into my posts and you will see i have claimed the same thing all along.. nothing has changed

but then again, you have to lie and make up stories just to try to win an argument you clearly cannot win... earlier you said i has a indian flag next to my name when i first started lol.. pretty funny since i have never changed it and it only ever been australia loolol... but i guess it to be expected.. your olympians use drugs to win medals... and you lie and cheat to win an arguement lol

badminton03.jpg

Why you ban me! Why you disqualify me! We play china national sport onree. Cheating!:china::china::china::china::china::china:

^^^ Yet ANOTHER Indian. :rofl:

8 badminton players expelled from Olympic doubles

Eight female badminton doubles players were disqualified on Wednesday from the London Olympics after trying to lose matches to receive a more favorable place in the tournament.

The Badminton World Federation announced its ruling after investigating two teams from South Korea and one each from China and Indonesia. It punished them for “not using one’s best efforts to win a match” and “conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport” in matches Tuesday night.

“We applaud the federation for having taken swift and decisive action,” IOC spokesman Mark Adams told The Associated Press. “Such behavior is incompatible with the Olympic values.”

Erick Thohir, the head of Indonesia’s Olympic team, told the AP that the Indonesian team will appeal. The BWF said South Korea had also appealed.

The competition was to continue later Wednesday. It was unclear if four eliminated teams would be placed into the quarterfinals or if the competition would restart at the semifinal stage.

Thohir accused Chinese players of losing on purpose in the past.

“China has been doing this so many times and they never get sanctioned by the BWF,” Thohir said. “On the first game yesterday when China did it, the BWF didn’t do anything. If the BWF do something on the first game and they say you are disqualified, it is a warning for everyone.”

IOC Vice President Craig Reedie, the former head of the international badminton federation, welcomed the decision.

“Sport is competitive,” Reedie told the AP. “If you lose the competitive element, then the whole thing becomes a nonsense.

“You cannot allow a player to abuse the tournament like that, and not take firm action. So good on them.”

The eight disqualified players are world doubles champions Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang of China and their South Korean opponents Jung Kyun-eun and Kim Ha-na, along with South Korea’s Ha Jung-eun and Kim Min-jung and Indonesia’s Meiliana Jauhari and Greysia Polii.

The players went before a disciplinary hearing on Wednesday, a day after spectators at the arena booed their performance after it became clear they were deliberately trying to lose.

International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge had been at the venue but had left shortly before the drama unfolded. The IOC said it would allow badminton’s ruling body to handle the matter.

Paul Deighton, chief executive officer of the London organizers, said there would be no refunds for the evening’s badminton program. Chairman Sebastian Coe called what happened “depressing,” adding “who wants to sit through something like that?”

Teams blamed the introduction of a round-robin stage rather than a straight knockout tournament as the main cause of the problem. In the round-robin format, losing one game can lead to an easier matchup in the next round.

The Chinese players were accused of leading the way by deliberately losing a game. This led to other teams behaving in a similar way to try to force an easier quarterfinal. At one stage, both teams appeared to be trying to lose.

Wang and Yu and their opponents were booed loudly by the crowd after dumping serves into the net and making simple errors, such as hitting the shuttlecock wide.

The longest rally in their first game was only four strokes. The umpire warned them, and tournament referee Torsten Berg spoke to all four players but it had little effect. At one stage, Berg showed a black card, which usually means disqualification, but the game continued.

Eventually, the Chinese women lost 21-14, 21-11 and both pairs were jeered off the court.

One of the world’s top male players, 2004 Olympic singles champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, called the situation a “circus match.”

The teams had already qualified for knockout round, but the result ensured that the top-seeded Wang and Yu would have avoided playing their No. 2-seeded Chinese teammates until the final.

The problem was repeated in the next women’s doubles between South Korea’s Ha and Kim Min-jung and their Indonesian opponents. Both teams were also warned for deliberately losing points in a match the South Koreans won 18-21, 21-14, 21-12.

China’s Lin Dan, the No. 2-ranked men’s singles player, said through an interpreter the sport is going to be damaged.

“Especially for the audience,” he said before the disqualifications were announced. “This is definitely not within the Olympic spirit. But like I said before, it’s not one-sided. Whoever sets the rule should make it knockout so whoever doesn’t try will just leave the Olympics.”

Beijing badminton silver medalist Gail Emms said the matches were embarrassing to watch.

“It was absolutely shocking,” she said. “The crowds were booing and chanting ‘Off, off, off.’”

The Hindu : Sport / Other Sports : 8 badminton players expelled from Olympic doubles

Top players are out but we still have another top pair in the mix!

even with the help of a hubble telescope you cannot identify indians' presence in the category and in a vast majority of the Olympic evens. they turn into whiners and mourners which are perfectly suitable to earn a dime in funeral parlours

show us some posts where i have defended "indians" and i will show you 100 posts where i have critisized "indians".. yeh makes sense if im indian to critisize other indians doesnt it... your really smart man, i mean wow.. like really intelligent.. *rolls eyes*

and i have not changed my story... you can look right back into my posts and you will see i have claimed the same thing all along.. nothing has changed

but then again, you have to lie and make up stories just to try to win an argument you clearly cannot win... earlier you said i has a indian flag next to my name when i first started lol.. pretty funny since i have never changed it and it only ever been australia loolol... but i guess it to be expected.. your olympians use drugs to win medals... and you lie and cheat to win an arguement lol

The Chinese cheat? No!! I am yet to come across a more altruistic nation. Just ask the Dalai Lama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom