What's new

Chinese Scientists Increasingly Leaving U.S.

The OECD data are not measuring the movement of non‐Chinese into China or non‐Americans into the United States.

That is the difference between USA and China. As an outsider you can never be Chinese

99908368_proc-jpg.929533

_20230514011344-png.929534

Tables turned, 1,800 academics relocated to China in 2020, China beat US and became the world’s most attractive destination for scientists

Scientists leave the UK as China overtakes US as most favoured destination​

01 Feb 2022 | News byte

nb0102_1050.jpg

The UK suffered an outflow of nearly 1,300 scientists in 2020, having been a net importer of academics in 2015, the year before the Brexit vote to leave the EU, OECD data shows.

The new analysis of scientific migration data also shows a remarkable turnaround in the fortunes of the US and China.

In 2015, the US was the most attractive scientific destination in the world, enticing close to 3,000 net scientists. But by 2020, that dropped to 1,000.

In the same period, China went from losing scientists, to replacing the US as the world’s most attractive destination. In 2020, a net total nearly 1,800 academics relocated to the country.

I'll say, the more leave the merrier.

A lot of them can't get Security Status anyway, why trying hard to stay in the US to begin with? I have seen quite a few Chinese PhD Grad taking up the EB-1 scheme only endedup working in a restaurant.

I would say, we should welcome their money, but say "no thanks" to job. That how it should goes. American jobs should be catering to American and its allies first. I mean how many American or Brits can get SEC/S in China and work sensitive field in China after they graduate from a Chinese degree? None. That's how it should be.

I'll say, the more leave the merrier.

A lot of them can't get Security Status anyway, why trying hard to stay in the US to begin with? I have seen quite a few Chinese PhD Grad taking up the EB-1 scheme only endedup working in a restaurant.

I would say, we should welcome their money, but say "no thanks" to job. That how it should goes. American jobs should be catering to American and its allies first. I mean how many American or Brits can get SEC/S in China and work sensitive field in China after they graduate from aChinese degree? None. That's how it should be.
So US should not give you a job.

I am not an immigrant bud

Again, I got Top 3 Security Clearence in the US, that's 3 Below the US President. That should have been a giveaway
OP report doesn't say "immigrants", It says "Chinese-descent scientists"

The paper, “Caught in the crossfire: Fears of Chinese-American scientists,” doesn’t confirm causation between the initiative and the departures. Its data, from 2010 to 2021, shows that the annual number of Chinese-descent scientists leaving the U.S. was steadily increasing before 2018.

OP report doesn't say "immigrants", It says "Chinese-descent scientists"
Anyone who WEREN'T

1.) Born in the US
2.) Have an American Parent

and living in the US are by definition, an Alien according to the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. I don't care what descent you are, if you are not born in the US and /or having an American Citizens as your parent, YOU ARE A IMMIGRANT. You can get a green card or even US passport that does not mean you are not an immigrant.....

Many Chinese-descent scientists were born in US and have both American parents.
many were not, that's why I said "the more they go the merrier" I didn't say they all have to go

And I doubt if you are born in the US you will be able to go "Back" to China, these people would have US citizenship but not Chinese.

many were not, that's why I said "the more they go the merrier" I didn't say they all have to go

And I doubt if you are born in the US you will be able to go "Back" to China, these people would have US citizenship but not Chinese.
So you were just talking some of them who left, got it.

So you were just talking some of them who left, got it.
I don't care what "descent" for a person to work in the US. I care about the allegiance of said person goes.

If they are born in the US and have substantial ties to the US, then yes, I don't care if you are of German Descent or Chinese descent, they should be able to work in the US in sensitive field. If they are naturalised, then no, these people SHOULD NOT work in the US even if they become Citizens. ALL THESE PEOPLE SHOULD GO.

Again, the same thing in reverse, would China allow an American studied in China to work in senior position? Even after they graduated from a Chinese institute or even took out residency? You don't, that's end of story.

I don't care what "descent" for a person to work in the US. I care about the allegiance of said person goes.

If they are born in the US and have substantial ties to the US, then yes, I don't care if you are of German Descent or Chinese descent, they should be able to work in the US in sensitive field. If they are naturalised, then no, these people SHOULD NOT work in the US even if they become Citizens. ALL THESE PEOPLE SHOULD GO.

Again, the same thing in reverse, would China allow an American studied in China to work in senior position? Even after they graduated from a Chinese institute or even took out residency? You don't, that's end of story.
More often than not, money decides peoples allegiance, who pays more in the future gets more "allegiance".

More often than not, money decides peoples allegiance, who pays more in the future gets more "allegiance".
It DID NOT work that way. That's how that Duggan guy is now facing extradition to the US for federal charge when what he do is just open a Aviation consultation company in China.

I am not talking about some job, like bank teller or working in a restaurant, I am talking about "sensitive" works, you can't pay your allegiance, that's illegal.

And you most should think it wouldn't work that way for China too. Because everyone can pays, not just the Chinese.

It DID NOT work that way. That's how that Duggan guy is now facing extradition to the US for federal charge when what he do is just open a Aviation consultation company in China.

I am not talking about some job, like bank teller or working in a restaurant, I am talking about "sensitive" works, you can't pay your allegiance, that's illegal.

And you most should think it wouldn't work that way for China too. Because everyone can pays, not just the Chinese.
If China didnt pay those scientists enough, they wouldn't come to China, many Japanese scientists relocated to China in recent years, it's not because they love China.

Back
Top Bottom