What's new

China's work force is set to decline 30% by 2050

manchu.jpg

First of all, the Chinese word for Manchuria is 滿洲, and that is pronounced as Man zhou, Japan's pronounciation of Manshu is a literal paraphrase of the Chinese or Mandarin syntax.

Incorrect.

I would recommend you learn Chinese language first , Mr. Ramjet. I can see that any weakness in lect dialectics may result in misunderstandings. First of all, the Chinese word for Manchuria is 滿洲, and that is pronounced as Man zhou, Japan's pronounciation of Manshu is a literal paraphrase of the Chinese or Mandarin syntax.

LOL.

I think there is no point in discussing with you any further, Mr. Ramjet, thank you for engaging with me in earlier discourse.

I ask you again, do you have anything to say against the multiple historians who all agree that the term Manchuria was a creation of the Japanese?

I am not claiming to be an expert. I am just relying on experts. And my reliance on experts who happen to be unanimously for this conclusion, negates any need to actually know Chinese, because I am not doing original research.

We don't need to be a climate scientist to believe it if almost all the experts of the field reach one conclusion.

First of all, the Chinese word for Manchuria is 滿洲, and that is pronounced as Man zhou, Japan's pronounciation of Manshu is a literal paraphrase of the Chinese or Mandarin syntax.

It is the reverse. Japanese coined the term first, and it was so widely used in Europe and Generally, that China also adopted similar wordings.

Example Chinese. China or the Chinese is not something that Hua ren chose, but something that was imposed upon them.

I ask you again, do you have anything to say against the multiple historians who all agree that the term Manchuria was a creation of the Japanese?

I am not claiming to be an expert. I am just relying on experts. And my reliance on experts who happen to be unanimously for this conclusion, negates any need to actually know Chinese, because I am not doing original research.

We don't need to be a climate scientist to believe it if almost all the experts of the field reach one conclusion.

You vex me with your obdurate attitude when being corrected. Thanks, and please don't quote me again.

You vex me with your obdurate attitude when being corrected. Thanks, and please don't quote me again.

You have not corrected me. You have simply regurgitated the same sentence and stance without any counter to the many expert opinions that I have brought to you.

Well, you can choose to not reply. But you have produced no evidence to counter the many expert opinions that I have brought to you.

You only have Ad hominem attacks and belittling.

Secondly, I can as well term your behavior as "obdurate."

Instead of finding flaw with those experts you simply keep reiterating a point that I have already taken note of and produced a counter to.

China is far more diverse, and tolerant of diversity than Japan. Also, of the 1.35 some billion Chinese, only Tibetans and Uygurs have not assimilated, while the rest have completely done so.

Hence, there is no difference between a "Han" and a "Manchu" or a "Zhuang" or a "Hui" or dozens of other groups.

Not only this, Chinese culture has far more assimilating characteristics. I have no doubt that unlike Japan, China would have zero problem with any Mongoloid immigrants. Not to mention that they are 40-50 million of Chinese outside the country, who can consider coming back if the standards of living reach a decent level.
there won't be any problem to absorb some immigrants for china, but china doesn't need low-skill labors, china needs to grant green cards to young startup founders from all over the world who think china will give them big opportunities to business success, and foreign young students/scientists who are capable of getting well-funded from china's privare/public sections.

Immigration doesnt necessarily have to be viewed as a negative, but in context to China, it is primarily and majority-wise a fairly homogenous nation. I suppose some of the opponents of immigration in China would be the fear of the rapid change in the social demographic and the loss of the Chinese 'character', equivalent to the de-Han-ification of the nation. But to be honest, I believe that the likelihood of that is close to nil due to the shear number of Han Chinese in the country. The country's 1.3 + billion; close to 95% of that are Han Chinese. So roughly there are about 1.235 Billion Han Chinese in China's 1.3 Billion population.

Even if China were to welcome 50 million foreigners, that number is a miniscule 3.86% of the entire Chinese population. You see the relativism here? Fear of immigration-catalyzed demographic change is only pertinent and applicable to nations that have populations lower than 50 million. Countries in Europe and Africa even in South America may be victim to this paradigm, however, for large nations with populations above 100 million or more, it really does not come to play.

Realistically speaking, and operationally speaking, the likelihood of China applying an immigration-focused domestic policy is nill. The country has yet to tap into its rural population, which constitutes close to 60% of China's total population. I suppose the issue of population demographic change specifically decreasing birth rates --- is a reality that is common in states that have attained fairly high national development and rapidly growing HDI. Take for example South Korea, Germany, Sweden, The United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan; all examples of ultra-developed nation states with fairly slowing population growth.

In fact we should consider the Malthusian Theoretics since we're here. It is pertinent to note that human population growth, during industrialization and modernization processes, tend to grow assymetrically. Resources are limited and have a set point. If we were to liken it to the growth curve in a bacterial model; it is similar to the exponential growth phase after lag phase. Do remember that after exponential growth phase there is the linear stasis phase, and eventual exponential population decline, and eventual stabilization. The theme here, friend, is sustainability. There will come a time when an industrialized nation that provides excellent social welfare programs for all its citizenry will be unable to cope and provide for a large population due to the shear high capitation index per citizen.

Regards.

India's growth situation is rather similar to China's growth assymetrices in the 1950s , 1960s wherein prior to the 1 child policy, the average Chinese family were producing up to 6-7 offspring each. The necessitization of 1CP was practical since without it China's population would now have been at least in 3 billion. The Indians, despite the lack of 1CP, still have a relatively lower growth rate in terms of population than China ever was in the 60s and early 70s. In fact it wasn't until the late 70s and 80s that China's population growth rate was actualized due to stern policy initiatives such as taxation regimes for those who did not abide by the 1CP. That is FACT.

India, will follow the same trend that is happening in China, and that is reduced population growth as the standard of living, specifically the inreased per capitization indices indicate. It is a trend that has even been seen in Saudi Arabia, in Malaysia, and in United Arab Emirates.

You can't escape human biology population trends that are established in academic schema, my dear friend.

This has been a topic studied, argued, researched ad nauseum by members of the Academe, those of us who live within the Pillars of Academia.

:coffee:
90% Han and keep declining,thx.
Guess whether my parents r Han?

I thought its still 95% Han. And i'm guessing your parents are Han? Chinese Citizen is Chinese Citizen.

What counts is your citizenship. :)
Of course -.-
90%,for Han have to accept on-child policy while minority dont
Not exactly,father isnt

Of course -.-
90%,for Han have to accept on-child policy while minority dont
Not exactly,father isnt

Ah, very interesting. I think sometimes some families can have more than 1 children to, just have to pay more taxes, yes? My uncle (my father's younger brother) is Japanese citizen, and he married a Chinese lady from Guangzhou. So my 阿姨 is Chinese, and my 表弟, 表妹 are half Japanese half Chinese. They are fluent in four languages: English, Japanese, Cantonese and Mandarin.

Not exactly,father isnt

Is your father 苗族?

I don't think Cananda could afford if people retire in 55 or 60.No need to mention China and Japan which have a much unhealthy population structure.Olds should work if they can instead of sitting there and get fat.1 men could not afford 4 olds and 1 child.
Isnt this argument contradicting to the suggestion posted by many here or using robots and freeing people to enjoy their life? When we make people only eat and enjoy their lives without hardwork, they will ultimately start taking life for granted and degrading their body structure too. More over, robots cannot replace everything. Plumbering, house maintenance, driving (driver less driving is still a distant dream), cooking, love etc etc and many other are the jobs which require human interventions at any cost. Not all the people replaced by robots cannot be forced to do these work.

more precisely, 91% china population officially register as han, but if u include the ethnic people who r completely han-ized, aka only speaking han languages, practicing han custom and religions, the han or hanized people could be around 97% of china population. imo there are only 3 ethnic groups in china, han, muslim, and tibetan.

Ah, very interesting. I think sometimes some families can have more than 1 children to, just have to pay more taxes, yes? My uncle (my father's younger brother) is Japanese citizen, and he married a Chinese lady from Guangzhou. So my 阿姨 is Chinese, and my 表弟, 表妹 are half Japanese half Chinese. They are fluent in four languages: English, Japanese, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Foreigner were not limited.
Family like mine,should pay millions of yuan to have the second child(father change his ID card to Han)
Is your father 苗族?
:coffee:NO

more precisely, 91% china population officially register as han, but if u include the ethnic people who r completely han-ized, aka only speaking han languages, practicing han custom and religions, the han or hanized people could be around 97% of china population. imo there are only 3 ethnic groups in china, han, muslim, and tibetan.
And very few white.
:lol:Dont talk in this mood.

Don't call everyone Han! Call others by some more neutral terms like Huaren which is accomodating to others.

Also this is what I said to Nihongjin. That there are only three ethnicities essentially: Chinese, Tibetans, and Uygurs. (Tibetans and Uygurs are not assimilated)

Most so-called minority people are so "fake".
They may have 90% Han blood and 10% Tujia blood, but in ID it is said Tujia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom