What's new

China's truck maker signs investment MOU with India

Investment of 16 + Billion...

Somebody gonna hurt real bad.. ..................like leyland , Volvo and all.....

Not too sure about that!
A Chinese company called Kinglong sold buses in India in competition with Volvo and Tata-Hispano. First of all they had to change the name for the Indian market to Cerita (because the potential buyers and passengers read the name as Dingdong and stuff like that). These buses were about 45% of the cost of the Volvos and even cheaper than the Tata-Hispanos , so they were popular with some public utility transports and State Transport undertakings. But the serviceability was extremely poor and spares were hard to come by, so they were dumped rather quickly. Now, AFAIK; just a few are remaining with BEST in Bombay (somebody from that city may be able to verify that) pending final disposal.

So the Volvos, Mercedes-Benz Actros, the MAN-Force, the TATRA-Vectra and of course the TATA and AL range of heavy trucks and prime movers have been able to maintain their market shares.

If the Kinglong experience is anything to go by, this venture will really have to 'earn its spurs'. :)

OMG this CERITA bus was a Crap...every now & then one used to Burn in Mumbai...once i got traped in that BEST CERITA bus that was horrible...

Thankfull BEST is now replacing it with TATA starbus...& NMMT directly went for VOLVO & MERCEDES-BENZ...

I guess you did not understand English, let me try again.

In India to succeed, you need to have good marketing along with good product. I guess good products is a given. But bad marketing can make or break your chance in India.

It is premature to say you will offer something that existing players dont, only your success will show that. We dont know that yet.

You get away with manufacturing for others, try branding something yourself and market it, you will know. Which chinease sounding product is accepted in western market?
Truck is big deal, I dont see any electronic brand with chinease name.
Wei Wei noodle is an exception, people will like chinease name food, if they want to go for it.

Huawei, whose equipment is used by 45/50 top telecom companies, top 2 in patents and independently developed a 4G standard. Is this electronics? :lol:

Not too sure about that!
A Chinese company called Kinglong sold buses in India in competition with Volvo and Tata-Hispano. First of all they had to change the name for the Indian market to Cerita (because the potential buyers and passengers read the name as Dingdong and stuff like that). These buses were about 45% of the cost of the Volvos and even cheaper than the Tata-Hispanos , so they were popular with some public utility transports and State Transport undertakings. But the serviceability was extremely poor and spares were hard to come by, so they were dumped rather quickly. Now, AFAIK; just a few are remaining with BEST in Bombay (somebody from that city may be able to verify that) pending final disposal.

So the Volvos, Mercedes-Benz Actros, the MAN-Force, the TATRA-Vectra and of course the TATA and AL range of heavy trucks and prime movers have been able to maintain their market shares.

If the Kinglong experience is anything to go by, this venture will really have to 'earn its spurs'. :)

Export oriented enterprises often cut corners significantly. I'd never buy non-name brand electronics from an export oriented company, either name brand from them, or more likely, domestic oriented companies. BBK, Huawei, Changhong are all great but I'd never buy a non-name brand phone from Foxxcon.

This is nothing new China likes to do business with the enemy. China does big business with enemy of Pakistan and enemy of India.

I guess you did not understand English, let me try again.

In India to succeed, you need to have good marketing along with good product. I guess good products is a given. But bad marketing can make or break your chance in India.

It is premature to say you will offer something that existing players dont, only your success will show that. We dont know that yet.

You get away with manufacturing for others, try branding something yourself and market it, you will know. Which chinease sounding product is accepted in western market?
Truck is big deal, I dont see any electronic brand with chinease name.
Wei Wei noodle is an exception, people will like chinease name food, if they want to go for it.

you dont know chinese electronic products dont mean we dont have`its because of you sheer ignorance``

Who is Vodafone's VIP end-to-end supplier? Huawei, whoes wirless technologies and products used by BTs, Skys, and other mobile and internet vendors? Huawei again and ZTE and many more``when i travel to middle east and araba countries I saw so many chinese cars there and as well as Lenovo, Haier and many many more that i dont even know`

Huawei, whose equipment is used by 45/50 top telecom companies, top 2 in patents and independently developed a 4G standard. Is this electronics? :lol:

Huawei as top2 in 2009, but in 2010 ZTE came to top in china and ranked 2nd internationally, Huawei ranked 4th globally this year

good to see china helping india by investing in their economy

good to see china helping india by investing in their economy
My friend there is nothing called Helping in Business...they are Investing cozz they want profit...If it was just for helping why wouldn't they have Invested those money in Pakistan...

Yes, we do business with everyone.

It has nothing to do with liking or disliking.

Nobody said anything about liking or disliking, but there is something called economic strategy and geopolitical strategy the two do intertwine. Your free to come up with a better reason.

Back
Top Bottom