What's new

China's truck maker signs investment MOU with India

May be in china, tata means breast. Tata should use different name in china if that is offensive. Lol.
You are basically making my point.

Thats not true, tata mean nothing in Chinese, actually its from the west:
a womans breast. plural: tatas. A derivitive of tit.
Urban Dictionary: tata
On topic, China's name brand cars work well in Australia with its own name, don't see problem with that in India, since China is your biggest trading partner proved my point.

Well most English speakers will know Ta-Ta means goodbye.
And probably tities as breasts. But surely if it a big issue then tata should use different name in those countries.

Funny, the third meaning of your link actually is about tata company. Did not know it will go into a dictionary.
I am not talking about cultural sensitivities(thanks for bringing the point though, it is important ), but the fact that chinease sounding names have bad reputation in Indian market.

So as a rule of thumb, if your name sounds like you struck two metals, dont use it as your trucks name. So all names with tong bong etc are out.
TCL is a good example, perfect name, like LG, only you should have quality and service to back it up.

Not in China, the English speaking world.
Urban Dictionary, May 1: Braggadouche

OKay STUD we can play funny names too
funny-chinese-business-names-1.jpg

funny-chinese-business-names-6.jpg

funny-chinese-business-names-9.jpg

funny-chinese-business-names-15.jpg

funny-chinese-business-names-18.jpg

funny-chinese-business-names-22.jpg

funny-chinese-business-names-26.jpg

NEW! Presenter in NZ Makes fun of Indian Woman diplomat named “Dikshit” + Dickshit Gets FIRED!:cheesy::cheesy:

^^^^ Nice try Sanjay, but these aren't multinational and the biggest employers in China. TATAS on the otherhand...

When Cocks Summer Camp employs 100,000 and enters the global markets, then you may have a point little man.

^^^^ Nice try Sanjay, but these aren't multinational and the biggest employers in China. TATAS on the otherhand...

When Cocks Summer Camp employs 100,000 and enters the global markets, then you may have a point little man.

Dum Gai , small business employ more people collectively than big companies. you would know that if you were really in the " finance" field".

Back
Top Bottom