What's new

China's remote-controlled guns

Good acheivement but also has some drawback...........to relay on technology...........just imagine if the controlling system fails........:sniper:

Yea i agree with you relying on too much of technology is bad. Even an EMP strike from sun can make the war machine fail

I second you both. But the ones who made it aren't stupids! The would have tried to make it as secure and fail-proof as possible, although it isin't 100% fail-proof surely. There must be some backup plans too, as these things aren't toys but matter for country's defenses an well as lives of personnel.

I second you both. But the ones who made it aren't stupids! The would have tried to make it as secure and fail-proof as possible, although it isin't 100% fail-proof surely. There must be some backup plans too, as these things aren't toys but matter for country's defenses an well as lives of personnel.
A human operator exposing himself to danger vs a remote controlled weapon station?

I take the weapon station.

Are those Humvees built under license or a copy?

Unless there is physical damage to the remote control weapon and data link wiring, any failure due to loss or corruption of software and data can be repaired through data recycling. Data recyling can be done by gun operator using a data catridge or data disk.

Data recycling is not new, I read an article by a British Buccaneer pilot describing his experience on failure of attack system on his strike jet and how he managed to recycle his attack data and back to action. If they can do that more than 30 years ago, it should be no problem today.

It is like unless you got hardware problem, you failed computer can be reformat and restore with back-up data, using a detachable back-up hard disk.

They should make it so that if everything fails, the gun itself can still be operated manually.

Back
Top Bottom