What's new

China's no.1 ally is?

Who is China's number 1 Ally?

• Total voters
Pakistan, obviously.

Frankly, no other country comes close.

why not North Korea ?? you have londer history with them...atleast namesake they are too communist , their economy is completely china dependent ...............
Other than factor India , how is Pakistan more important than NK ??

Frankly speaking none .
If Chinese are thinking of Pakistanis then they should revive the latest conditions of the former two allies Pakistan and US .
Pakistan is not trustworthy according to the west , so dont blame me .
First they will beg u , visit u , ask for money , and then they will stab u ;)

Some one needs spoon feeding....there is a difference between fair weather friends and all weather allies.
The West is always there when they need Pakistan..... Russia invades Afghanistan, US lifts all sanctions against Pakistan, turns a blind eye to it's nuclear programme, supplies hi-tech F-16s and all that....Russians leave Afghanistan, sanctions are slapped, paid for F-16 are with held.....9/11 happens, US invades Afghanistan, needs Pakistan's assistance, hence we come a full circle...on the contrary, Pakistan, China friendship remained steadfast through the turmoils and the progressive strategic alliance is causing many to burn at both ends. !!

North Korea. China fought their war in Korean war and lost thousands of lives(forget about huge loss of assets). And where were China when we divided Pakistan in two pieces or in kargil war.

Pakistan for sure?

Interestingly India is not even on this list LOL. I think it'd at least get more votes than Japan.

And to our Pakistan friends, you know we have a weak spots for JF-17 pilots.

1b55546f.jpg

None according to me, China is a smart country and will play according to the situation, Pakistan is a counter to India and may be a little more.

Pakistan's main ally is China but China's main ally is not Pakistan. I think its Iran.

None according to me, China is a smart country and will play according to the situation, Pakistan is a counter to India and may be a little more.

They are the country who helped us establish diplomatic relation with the US in our most desperate times. therefore responsible for alot of things happened in China afterwards.

As we all know, India's relation with her allies has absolutely nothing to do with China.

Please accept the truth, my friend.

Bump

Continue to vote guys poll is interesting several people notably picked None which is interesting, Pakistan is favored, but North Korea even has a few votes.

According to your view, benefit=friend?
China hope that Pakistan stable, and rapid growth, not providing more benefit to China. This is China's attitude to the friend.

Not to my view but views shared by other people that I have read.

The way the world situations now a days China has to rid of the 'peaceful rise' and ' non military alliance' mentalities. There's only one 'good ole boys' club and if you don't belong to it you're liable backstabbing and finger pointing constantly, so it's for national security needs to have a close ally or two to watch your back and talk for you when necessary.

I voted for Pakistan because I feel China can trust her. I like Vietnam too if things can be resolved between the two countries.

The way the world situations now a days China has to rid of the 'peaceful rise' and ' non military alliance' mentalities. There's only one 'good ole boys' club and if you don't belong to it you're liable backstabbing and finger pointing constantly, so it's for national security needs to have a close ally or two to watch your back and talk for you when necessary.

I voted for Pakistan because I feel China can trust her. I like Vietnam too if things can be resolved between the two countries.

Vietnam would be an interesting pick in the long term but current disagreements between China and Vietnam hamper relations. Though I agree even a powerful country needs at least one trusted ally. For the US that would be UK, second Israel, third NATO countries.

china and north korea have a treaty in place, and china should be far more concerned with something amiss in the peninsular than something going wrong in the subcontinent. even if china wanted to go to war for pakistan, at a time of war china can move far fewer troops to india and kashmir than to korea. but sino-korean history is complex and combines a lot of mutual needs and mutual distrust.

china's relationship with pakistan has none of the uncertainties it has with korea. and for one simple reason: geography. china is pakistan's neighbor but it is primarily pakistan's neighbor's neighbor, which is why sino-pakistani alliance is far more stable and unconditional than sino-korean alliance. so if by no.1 ally you meant the degree of trust, then pakistain is no.1 because this relationship is completely hassle-free and built on unwavering mutual trust.

lastly, there is china's relationship with russia, which cannot be termed an alliance just now. but if there is going to be one, it will the most strategic one to china. again, china and russia are neighbors and not neighbors' neighbors, so this relationship will have lots of ups and downs, but once forged, both sides will invest most energy in this alliance for one simple reason: if either side ever goes to war with someone other than each other, that third party will have to be the americans, and in that war, chinese help to russia will be a much bigger asset than, say, armenian or belurussian assistence to russia, and russian help will be a bigger asset than pakistani and korean assistence. so an alliance with russia will be most difficult to attain and maintain but its payoff is also the biggest.

so in terms of strategic value, russia could be china's no.1 ally, but right now it isn't even an ally. in terms of the depth of trust, pakistan is and will always be no.1. if we are just talking about the legal formality and a piece of paper, then it is north korea, even though korea will forever be a temperamental and untrustworthy neighbor.

I'm undoubtedly so happy to see the results, unbelieveable that such massive people can be so impartial and true in making selection :P
I was scared that Indian would have selected Korea like thing (sorry for my doubts, as we both suspect each others) :D :D

Just a couple of month before I had seen an unknown guy in a take-away.... I directly asked ' Are you a Chinies?)...He said Yes and then he instantly asked me 'Are you Indian?' I said no, make a guess...He instantly said 'Pakistan'. As I said Yes, he said warmly that Pakistan china friends...I was so happy to listen these words and I said YESSSSSSSSS....:)

Who knows tomorrow and who knows the benefits, the only thing we know that from 65 years we are reliable friends and our next generations will keep following the suit 'himalyas friendship'...:)

Probably the nations China does business with the most. I would have to say the US, because they hold a lot of US financial assets, thus have a greater stake. The US also has 4th largest Chinese population in the world according to wiki.

So its either Singapore or the US. North Korea is more of a headache for China recently.

I'm undoubtedly so happy to see the results, unbelieveable that such massive people can be so impartial and true in making selection :P
I was scared that Indian would have selected Korea like thing (sorry for my doubts, as we both suspect each others) :D :D

Just a couple of month before I had seen an unknown guy in a take-away.... I directly asked ' Are you a Chinies?)...He said Yes and then he instantly asked me 'Are you Indian?' I said no, make a guess...He instantly said 'Pakistan'. As I said Yes, he said warmly that Pakistan china friends...I was so happy to listen these words and I said YESSSSSSSSS....:)

Who knows tomorrow and who knows the benefits, the only thing we know that from 65 years we are reliable friends and our next generations will keep following the suit 'himalyas friendship'...:)

Did you guys hug?

why not North Korea ?? you have londer history with them...atleast namesake they are too communist , their economy is completely china dependent ...............
Other than factor India , how is Pakistan more important than NK ??

this is hindus' favorite topic: that china didn't militarily intervene in the subcontinent when it frequently does in history in the korean peninsular. again, it is a non-issue that indians use to fuel their own sense of security. the geography of northeast asia means china can send army groups after army groups to korea, whereas in south asia sino-indian confrontation will be logistically limited to small, corps-sized conflicts at best. but indians shouldn't delude themselves into thinking that the relationship between china and pakistan aren't firm just because logistically it is more difficult for china to intervene in kashmir. for china has shown no reservation in transferring military and nuclear technologies to pakistan, and its determination to prevent indians from realizing their imperial, hegemonic ambitions in the subcontinent is very, very firm, which translates into unconditional support to pakistan in all its strategic needs, vis-a-vis india, us, afghanistan, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom