What's new

China's newest fighter jet J-16 copy of Sukhoi Su-30MKK

The way china is churning out copies of aircrafts, weapons, drones and practically everything...its like they have a xerox machine and keep feeding it with stolen blue prints and make copies...do they even validate these copies for actual use in warfare?

Do these chinese jets have any combat experience or excercises against real and actual jets? have they faced up against any actual fighter jets?

Instead of purchasing Su30, you should build J16 at that time.
As your argument, you made us confusing ...

You buy 100 Su30 only for borrowing airframe ?

try to buy 100 F35 for start copying its airframe into J20 and later import jet engines from Russia / US for supplement of J20 ok?

To see the difference, btw, really hard to find a current Vietnam military picture so I just used a picture that shows current Vietnam military uniform and compare it to China's. We use a superior uniform in case you can't tell, all Nato forces uses this kind of uniform or at least most of them including US. I can show difference in equipments too, but can't find a Vietnamese picture as previously stated. Also look at that helmet. Very old looking.

Vietnam and China in Sino vietnam war
Vietnam
vietnamese-army-vietcong-soldiers-vietnam-war-1-72-italeri-400x273.jpg

China
1287975080.jpg

Today
If 2013 Vietnamese army changed then let me know, I'm not up on the latest, I could be wrong here. Don't show special forces, just show regulars.
soldiers_military_combat_field_dress_uniforms_Vietnamese_army_Vietnam_001.jpg

China_Infantry.jpg

Instead of purchasing Su30, you should build J16 at that time.
As your argument, you made us confusing ...

You buy 100 Su30 only for borrowing airframe ?

try to buy 100 F35 for start copying its airframe into J20 and later import jet engines from Russia / US for supplement of J20 ok?

We can't afford to waste our precious time to redesign a 4th gen aircraft, since US has already finished the design of the 5th gen F-22 in the 1990s.

Our J-20 and J-31 that you see today were actually designed in the 1990s, and the project was started in the 1970-1980s.

You copy even uniform style of US ...
If we depend on the modern level in order to defeat the enemy, we never been able to win the Vietnam War ...
for both land or air combat ...

To see the difference, btw, really hard to find a current Vietnam military picture so I just used a picture that shows current Vietnam military uniform and compare it to China's. We use a superior uniform in case you can't tell, all Nato forces uses this kind of uniform or at least most of them including US. I can show difference in equipments too, but can't find a Vietnamese picture as previously stated. Also look at that helmet. Very old looking.

Vietnam and China in Sino vietnam war
Vietnam
vietnamese-army-vietcong-soldiers-vietnam-war-1-72-italeri-400x273.jpg

China
1287975080.jpg

Today
If 2013 Vietnamese army changed then let me know, I'm not up on the latest, I could be wrong here. Don't show special forces, just show regulars.
soldiers_military_combat_field_dress_uniforms_Vietnamese_army_Vietnam_001.jpg

China_Infantry.jpg

The uniform is just not that important.

The most important is that China has its own global system to support everything, while Vietnam doesn't have it.

who care

we only need to protect our land.

The uniform is just not that important.

The most important is that China has its own global system to support everything, while Vietnam doesn't have it.

I was going to do a contrast comparison, but can't find any Vietnamese army picture that looks current, didn't look real hard, but at least not in the picture section of google.

So all I can find is well a couple guys wearing uniforms.

So I can only compare it on that basis.

@BoQ77

IF we are go to by Vietnam war, then we may as well go by WW2, at that time China sometimes won with no artillery and sometimes even no guns against the Japanese.

Do you think the same can happen now? With current equipments?

Look at desert storm if you want to know what might happen when a Iraq level army faces off against an information age army like China.

Who cares if its a copy as long as it strengthens our military.

In war no one cares about IP.

The goal of military is to achieve the strategic objective with whatever weapons you can get your hands on.

The J-16 strengthens our military power, thats the only thing I care about.

I actually find out the Type 87 is the best uniform.

Frankly, i don't like the way that some Chinese designers tried to imitate the US uniform in their design for the Type 07.

The Type 87 is the best, it neither looks Soviet nor American.

W020090917717829433965.jpg

Who cares if its a copy as long as it strengthens our military.

In war no one cares about IP.

The goal of military is to achieve the strategic objective with whatever weapons you can get your hands on.

The J-16 strengthens our military power, thats the only thing I care about.

Actually western armies might, did you know the Austrians formally filed a complaint against Napoleon to the French government during his early career, because he was waging war on them during the night and two days in a row. The complaint was he was not a gentlemen.

So, you never know, maybe US will file an official complaint to Xi when our J-16s are doing damage, claiming illegal equipment on the field.

I actually find out the Type 87 is the best uniform.

Frankly, i don't like the way that some Chinese designers trying to imitate the US uniform in their design for the Type 07.

The Type 87 is the best, it neither looks Soviet nor American.

W020090917717829433965.jpg

The type 87 is close to what the none NATO countries are wearing, Indians wear it, it's a sign of low budget and is not a sign of an information age army. Our army today is up to the standard of NATO barring a few details here and there, but largely, against a primitive army like the aforementioned, it will run circles.

@BoQ77

IF we are go to by Vietnam war, then we may as well go by WW2, at that time China sometimes won with no artillery and sometimes even no guns against the Japanese.

Do you think the same can happen now? With current equipments?

Look at desert storm if you want to know what might happen when a Iraq level army faces off against an information age army like China.

You know that Vietnamese troops in VN war wearing the sandals made by old rubber tires, we won by our hands and brain, not by superior aspect in weapon or any legion from Allies ...
No thanks, we donot need to adapt to desert storm, because we don't plan to invade Iraq or Tibet ...

Actually western armies might, did you know the Austrians formally filed a complaint against Napoleon to the French government during his early career, because he was waging war on them during the night and two days in a row. The complaint was he was not a gentlemen.

So, you never know, maybe US will file an official complaint to Xi when our J-16s are doing damage, claiming illegal equipment on the field.

As long as the weapon helps the PLA destroy the enemy and achieve our strategic objectives, I don't care about these things.

All I care is did we win the war. I don't care what weapons we used to get the end result.

Chinese Tiger, .. I like the uniform in your above pic too ...

Yeah, the modern uniform cannot make the professional army ...
the experience in real combat is more important

Try to make your best weapon, no matter which is from stolen or purchase ... but purchasing is purchasing, steal is steal ... self-develop is self-develop ...
because this is the discussion forum, not a market where they lie to others.

I don't think India has any uniform close to the look of the Type 87.

The Type 07 should be an upgraded version of the Type 87 such as the quality of the textile, everything else shouldn't be changed.

Back
Top Bottom