What's new

China's meager aid to the Philippines could dent its image

Does donor nation be require to donate minimum of 10 millions dollars in other to consider a goodwill and help build their image? It's a goodwill gesture for any donor to help out with the best they can, China can only afford 200,000 dollars donation shouldn't be condemn for the meager amount since China has no obligation to help out Phillipines.
Then donate one yuan and say: 'It is the thought that counts.'

The most influential strength in the diplomatic world is "soft power" what make US the greatest power in the world is not her economic might nor military arms, but their influence around the world, because no country in the world can do it alone

On this account, this is not a good demonstration of soft power, as the old saying goes, I keep my friend close, but my enemy closer. You can project hard power all the time, and seems like the CCP do not have this concept at all

I will not blame the Chinese with their own action tho. It's their money.

But then, don't blAme the world when they start isolate china

China made the donation and then get condemned. :enjoy:

No key is condemning china, Reuter only point out china missed a chance to play it right, if Reuter indeed condemn china, they would have go directly and say 200G is not even remotely enough...

Then why you in here crying about how small amount of China donation?

No key is condemning china, Reuter only point out china missed a chance to play it right, if Reuter indeed condemn china, they would have go directly and say 200G is not even remotely enough...

Yes, Reuter didn't expressly say that but implied China didn't help Philippines with enough financial aid, compared to Japan and US. But according to OP, China is a selfish country just because China made less aid. Let's assume that China makes biggest donation, maybe OP will say China is hypocritical country with other motivation, let's say bribe public feelings, because of SCS dispute.

Yes, Reuter didn't expressly say that but implied China didn't help Philippines with enough financial aid, compared to Japan and US. But according to OP, China is a selfish country just because China made less aid. Let's assume that China makes biggest donation, maybe OP will say China is hypocritical country with other motivation, let's say bribe public feelings, because of SCS dispute.

Haters gonna hate. No matter what you do, you ain't do it right.
jorbin_gonna_hate.jpg

You have your opinion and I have mind, no need to reread any post above you mention.
I am not saying you should agree to my opinion.
the issue is compared to other countries chinese contribution seems tiny for a next door neighbour. If it was roughly in same order, I dont think we will be discussing it here.
and no, you dont need to donate billions. Nobody does. That will be really odd, and if china does, there will be a thread about why china is acting weird. lolz.

Do not worry about what others say. China claimed the entirety of the South China Sea as territorial waters in spite of what others say. So what is the point of worrying about what a news rag say?

Looky here...The US is bankrupt, our military is supposedly 'crumbling', we owe too much, we save too little, we have too many guns, and so on and so on...

'The recovery stage is the longest phase': Americans gear up to help Philippines - World News
From military veterans and U.S. troops to grassroots Filipino-American organizations, people across the country geared up to do what they could to help after one of largest storms ever barreled through the Philippines over the weekend and killed an estimated 10,000 people.
Let the foolish Americans and their equally foolish government spends money they do not have. Let China and Chinese worry about China and only Chinese. Whatever China gave, the Chinese people should put their collective foot down and say 'Enough...!!!'

The Philippines was a US colony, it's a US ally, it was the US that propped up Ferdinand Marcos who ruined the once relatively developed Philippines into a poor man's house.

What the US gives is peanuts in comparison to what they have done to the Philippines.

The most influential strength in the diplomatic world is "soft power" what make US the greatest power in the world is not her economic might nor military arms, but their influence around the world, because no country in the world can do it alone

On this account, this is not a good demonstration of soft power, as the old saying goes, I keep my friend close, but my enemy closer. You can project hard power all the time, and seems like the CCP do not have this concept at all

I will not blame the Chinese with their own action tho. It's their money.

But then, don't blAme the world when they start isolate china

Remember the 2008 Sichuan earthquake? US relief aid to China was a mere 250,000 dollars. Reuters never said a word. Why the fuss now?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom