What's new

China's meager aid to the Philippines could dent its image

Bill Gates will donate his money after he dies, Walmart family won't.

Yet the Walmart people are not looked on as any more evil for it, and people still bow to them.

When it's all said and done, people won't judge China on donations but on her strength. Australia gave 10 mil, but still nobody would say Australia is more powerful than we are.

On the international stage we will command the same respect.

If India wants to be a big boy and give 5 mil then do it and see if people start seeing it as developed.

Considering state of Chinese-Philippine relationship before hand, I am not really surprised. Seriously, after Philippines spent the past year antagonizing China, what exactly is Reuter expecting ?

Do you understand humanitarian aid vs. politics? Do you understand that even at the height of the cold war the US always showed its humane side? That india with 4 wars w/ pakistan offered aid to Pakistan after its earthquake? do you understand this makes you look petty and for a country that is all about image, can't damage the image any worse? 
The Philippines killed 8 Chinese tourists from Hong Kong and REFUSE to apologize or pay for compensation and on top of that the Philippine government is ganging up with India, Japan, USA and Vietnam to give China a hard time......so why should China even give them aid at all ????

americans killed tons of your people as you remind us here- yet you take and ask for AID from us.

Last edited:
Do you understand humanitarian aid vs. politics? Do you understand that even at the height of the cold war the US always showed its humane side? That india with 4 wars w/ pakistan offered aid to Pakistan after its earthquake? do you understand this makes you look petty and for a country that is all about image, can't damage the image any worse? 

americans killed tons of our people as you remind us here- yet you take and ask for AID from us.

You're not American, your loyal to India, stop used US to trash China.

Yet the Walmart people are not looked on as any more evil for it, and people still bow to them.

When it's all said and done, people won't judge China on donations but on her strength. Australia gave 10 mil, but still nobody would say Australia is more powerful than we are.

If India wants to be a big boy and give 5 mil then do it and see if people start seeing it as developed.

I could not be happier reading your post. It guarantees the chinese as a regional selfish power. An image they have have been stuck with.

Walmart family has given away near billions in charity.

what is china's strength? If you implied military power, then US must be most respected country.
Is it really so?

You're not American, your loyal to India, stop used US to trash China.

I don't need to use my country America to trash China... China as per what this article and world news is stating, is doing a good job of itself in that department.

americans killed tons of our people as you remind us here- yet you take and ask for AID from us.

So what was the whole deal with black people during the cold wa
I could not be happier reading your post. It guarantees the chinese as a regional selfish power. An image they have have been stuck with.

Walmart family has given away near billions in charity.

By that logic, we gave so generously to Africa in the 60s while we starved, so were we a world power then?

As to walmart donating, donating a few million here and there is nothing to them, you know being the biggest company in the world. Bill Gates is donating his almost entire fortune, not quit the same is it.

Image means crap, the US image in the middle east is worse than homos in the middle east, and yet the US influence is still as strong as ever, if not stronger.

The US treatment of black people in the cold war is far worse than our treatment of anybody, and yet, the Africans are still friends of the US.

Money is power, if you got it, well.....

@hinduguy

We have done far more than Iran in terms of nuclear weapons why don't the US sanction us or Russians who are also not in her sphere.

And by strength I mean generally, economy, and what not.

I don't think 200k is enough to be called "meager" especially since we still don't know how much cash the Chinese will send later.

$200k by the 2nd highest GDP so called wanna be powerhouse in the world is not meager... okaie dookey. is $100 K ?

Last edited:
@Genesis : so you think USA is most respected country in the world? because they are big economy + military + rest of other things?

Doesn't matter how meager the amount of China donation of Phillipines, they still donate to the disaster relief fund with the amount they can afford. 
10 millions still a meager number how bout a trillions dollar donation to Phillippine?

So what was the whole deal with black people during the cold wa

By that logic, we gave so generously to Africa in the 60s while we starved, so were we a world power then?

As to walmart donating, donating a few million here and there is nothing to them, you know being the biggest company in the world. Bill Gates is donating his almost entire fortune, not quit the same is it.

Image means crap, the US image in the middle east is worse than homos in the middle east, and yet the US influence is still as strong as ever, if not stronger.

The US treatment of black people in the cold war is far worse than our treatment of anybody, and yet, the Africans are still friends of the US.

Money is power, if you got it, well.....

@hinduguy

We have done far more than Iran in terms of nuclear weapons why don't the US sanction us or Russians who are also not in her sphere.

And by strength I mean generally, economy, and what not.

I encourage you to run for CCP foreign affairs team. with simplistic warped sense of what projects power , we can be rest assured you would remain a regional dwarf for the longest.

Your post should be made into the poster child attitude and intellect of the chinese. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my point.

HK and Taiwan status show us your true power.... * shudder* 
Doesn't matter how meager the amount of China donation of Phillipines, they still donate to the disaster relief fund with the amount they can afford. 
10 millions still a meager number how bout a trillions dollar donation to Phillippine?

It is your image being trashed internationally. But I say don't send any actually... I am happy for the world to see it.

Does donor nation be require to donate minimum of 10 millions dollars in other to consider a goodwill and help build their image? It's a goodwill gesture for any donor to help out with the best they can, China can only afford 200,000 dollars donation shouldn't be condemn for the meager amount since China has no obligation to help out Phillipines.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom