What's new

China’s infrastructure push worries India

Why is China worried about Indian infrastructure in Tawang? Is that not the same backwardness you and your chum keep bringing up? Why is China worried about US presence in the South China Sea, while it beefs up its own presence there. Is it because of their backwardness? Don't try to be naive, and play this out without batting an eye to the truth- just to support Pak/China. China building CPEC through disputed Kashmir territory, and India showing concern is a matter of backwardness? DISPUTED TERRITORY. China's building of ports around India for power projection is just a part of One Belt One Road? Go study the military build up of BOTH countries along the borders to see what friends we are. Go study the diplomatic bouts that have taken place between our two countries before blaming India's backwardness for tension. India's reaction is very sane, and normal considering the not so friendly relations between the two countries. And also don't play yourself.
see, sheer demostration of your line of logic-your mind is very closed. It goes through a 'disputed area' so you must refuse it? lol, we propose numerous trade packs and incentives to those countries that have disputs with us in SCS```with the height of B1tch slapping between China and U.S, China and Japan, and China and S.Korea, our tradings and economical cooperations are prosper than ever.

an old saying in China "a close neighbour is better than a distant relative" ```India doesnt seem doing very well in terms of bring prosperity to its neighbours but endless finger pointing, harassment and interference.

see, sheer demostration of your line of logic-your mind is very closed. It goes through a 'disputed area' so you must refuse it? lol, we propose numerous trade packs and incentives to those countries that have disputs with us in SCS```with the height of B1tch slapping between China and U.S, China and Japan, and China and S.Korea, our tradings and economical cooperations are prosper than ever.

an old saying in China "a close neighbour is better than a distant relative" ```India doesnt seem doing very well in terms of bring prosperity to its neighbours but endless finger pointing, harassment and interference.
contrary to your- belief India, unlike Pakistan- doesn't require China step in to help with economic growth or to develop infrastructure. And check your facts- India is doing just fine to bring prosperity. Our trade is serving you just fine- its completely open, there is no trade barriers propped up from the Indian side to prevent China from trading. Chinese goods are doing very well in the Indian market, beating Indian companies a lot if the times. There is no problem with that. Coming back to infrastructure- Ofcourse- It's a disputed region that wars have been fought over, and countless lives have laid down on both sides- so for you to come in with all your ignorance and indifference, and shrug off the dispute like it doesn't exist is actually appalling. Heavy infrastructure like this can win wars, especially in difficult terrains like this region. Why does China have a problem with Indian infrastructure built for economic and connective purposes in Tawang?
Also try not to make it sound like CPEC exists so that China can help Pakistan prosper. China is building CPEC for China, not for another country. Sure Pakistan will benefit from the project- but that is a by product. That said reading into the details of the project I'm not sure if it is the Messiah people claim it to be.
Dont play yourself boy. Bring a better argument, not this naive act.

Below are some highlighted differences between Indian and Pakistanis cultural and social values:

[INDIA]
----------------------------------Acceptable-------Unacceptable-----Not a moral issue

Alcohol consumption-----------10%---------------------66%----------------16%

Premarital Sex-------------------10%---------------------67% ----------------11%

Homosexuality--------------------9%---------------------67%---------------- 11%

Abortion---------------------------17%--------------------58%-----------------10%

Extramarital Affairs------------14%--------------------62%-----------------13%

Divorce-----------------------------18%--------------------53%-----------------10%

Contraception Use---------------59%--------------------22%-----------------7%

Gambling---------------------------7%---------------------69%-----------------16%

[PAKISTAN]
--------------------------------Acceptable---------Unacceptable-------Not a moral issue

Alcohol consumption----------1%---------------------94%----------------------2%

Premarital Sex------------------0%---------------------94%----------------------2%

Homosexuality------------------1%---------------------85%----------------------3%

Abortion------------------------- 1%---------------------85%---------------- -----4%

Extramarital Affairs-----------0%---------------------92%----------------------3%

Divorce---------------------------10%--------------------73%----------------------5%

Contraception Use-------------12%--------------------65%----------------------7%

Gambling-------------------------0%---------------------95%----------------------3%

Islamic culture of Muslim Pakistanis gives them some civilizational advantages over Indians (mainly Hindus as Muslims of India also have their own unique Islamic culture as mentioned by @graphican). Indians have gotten Westernized/foreignized and materialistic without developing themselves first. Muslim Pakistanis fare better in terms of lack of alcohol use, prevalence of premarital sex, healthier marriage rates, traditional respect for religion and culture (gender relations, clothing styles etc are reflections), lower divorce rates, and so on. All of this promotes a culture whereby marriage is seen as the gateway to "sex" and ultimately child bearing. Any "deviant behavior" carries far more costly consequences for Muslim Pakistanis socially (and legally by the state as well) than for Indians/Hindus. This cultural structure and discipline leads to a life pattern whereby fertility rates are healthier and children born as a result grow up under a traditionally Islamic ecosystem (Family--School--Society)--all while maintaining Pakistani identity, indigenous roots, and continuing the journey of material, economic, infrastructural, political, and social development.

This can also explain why Pakistan has been doing better than India when it comes to demographic development and average fertility rates (even though Pakistan has been relatively more prosperous than India with far less poverty and much higher levels of median wealth throughout much of the last 65 years post Independence). Generally, countries with higher levels of poverty and lesser prosperity tend to have higher fertility rates. But Pakistan has not only kept higher levels of prosperity, median wealth per capita, and less poverty--but it has also surpassed India in terms of demographic expansion and consolidation.

Quite fascinating to be honest. Pakistan's cultural values might give some insight as to how it was able to achieve all of this in past 65 years.

Pakistan's Islamic roots and heritage has allowed it to develop a relatively more fitter social culture as compared to secular Indian culture...even though both Indians and Pakistanis shared similar genetic, geographic, and historical identity.

contrary to your- belief India, unlike Pakistan- doesn't require China step in to help with economic growth or to develop infrastructure. And check your facts- India is doing just fine to bring prosperity. Our trade is serving you just fine- its completely open, there is no trade barriers propped up from the Indian side to prevent China from trading. Chinese goods are doing very well in the Indian market, beating Indian companies a lot if the times. There is no problem with that. Coming back to infrastructure- Ofcourse- It's a disputed region that wars have been fought over, and countless lives have laid down on both sides- so for you to come in with all your ignorance and indifference, and shrug off the dispute like it doesn't exist is actually appalling. Heavy infrastructure like this can win wars, especially in difficult terrains like this region. Why does China have a problem with Indian infrastructure built for economic and connective purposes in Tawang?
Also try not to make it sound like CPEC exists so that China can help Pakistan prosper. China is building CPEC for China, not for another country. Sure Pakistan will benefit from the project- but that is a by product. That said reading into the details of the project I'm not sure if it is the Messiah people claim it to be.

So you want the disputed region to be void of infrastructure and be some kind of dark ages society sorry but no .the main thing needed mainly in the mountainous regions are good infrastructure look at KKH look at how much connectivity and prosperity it bright to the region
The same reason applies to the chinese their side is much harsher as compared to india so they might need good infrastructure than india to provide the same connectivity so there should be no worries regarding it.

man you are really subjective to ground facts
1: you are not doing fine with infrastructure, India's infrastructure = muddy roads, chaotic transpoting system
2: you are far from being prosper, the whole country's economy is controled by 30 big Indian families, your ordinary Indian benefit little from the so-called development
3: you are not open, there are numerous barriers your gov put on to foreign investors and businesses
4: Chinese goods do perform well recently in India, due to good products, effective distribution and strategic relationship or tie with big local families (there are forums in China mainly for matters of doing business in India, they suggest having good relationship with local big families is far more important to bridge with government, since all the politicians are on their 'pay roll'... you know what I mean )
5: any business is mutual, of course CPEC will benefit China, but it will also benefit all the stakeholders around it...maybe to close-minded India, business should be done with unilateral manners?```

kid, for all the countries I have been to, I worked with Indian, visited India, be friends with Indian, lived in other countries for a decade, I can honestly tell you, India is nowhere in the world stage (apart from your sensational bragging media), and it will remain poor and close-minded if you people dont change your mentality.

again I am not arguing with you, I am just telling the reality I experienced··········as far as I know, you only bringing BS propaganda and 'theory' to the 'argument'```really wonder the level of knowledge you have regarding economy, industry, politics, society and culture etc```

Last edited:
man you are really subjective to ground facts
1: you are not doing fine with infrastructure, India's infrastructure = muddy roads, chaotic transpoting system
2: you are far from being prosper, the whole country's economy is controled by 30 big Indian families, your ordinary Indian benefit little from the so-called development
3: you are not open, there are numerous barriers your gov put on to foreign investors and businesses
4: Chinese goods do perform well recently in India, due to good products, effective distribution and strategic relationship or tie with big local families (there are forums in China mainly for matters of doing business in India, they suggest having good relationship with local big families is far more important to bridge with government, since all the politicians are on their 'pay roll'... you know what I mean )
5: any business is mutual, of course CPEC will benefit China, but it will also benefit all the stakeholders around it...maybe to close-minded India, business should be done with unilateral manners?```

kid, for all the countries I have been to, I worked with Indian, visited India, be friends with Indian, lived in other countries for a decade, I can honestly tell you, India is nowhere in the world stage (apart from your sensational bragging media), and it will remain poor and close-minded if you people dont change your mentality.

again I am not arguing with you, I am just telling the reality I experienced··········as far as I know, you only bringing BS propaganda and 'theory' to the 'argument'```really wonder the level of knowledge you have regarding economy, industry, politics, society and culture etc```
Let me tear your argument apart point by point so you can comprehend it:
1. India's infrastructure is far from completely developed, but calling it a network of muddy unpaved roads is a whole lie. Its not been muddy roads for a couple of decades now. I guess you're the one reading propaganda. India's push for infrastructure is very big in fact just the Mumbai - Delhi corridor is $100 billion on its own. Not to mention the construction for the Golden Quadrilateral. Look these up. These projects are one of the biggest infrastructure projects under development right now in the world in terms of scale and cost. As per the rate of construction - the road building rate across India for 20kms a day in 2016. Metros are under constructions and public transport is being overhauled in second tier cities now. Go figure.
2. "far from prosper" true but still one of the fastest growing economies around. Go look at the trajectories and brush up before you come back with a senseless response. Huge FDI, big economic reforms, indigenization and growing infrastructure all are working in our favor. 30 big Indian families control everything? You're kidding right? Considering everything major in China is owned/ run by members of the Party and their families- you couldn't have made a worse case for your self. LOL
3.Please post some resources for this claim. Coming from a Chinese nation this is again major hypocrisy. Don't make me do your research for you. The amount of FDI flowing into India, and manufacturing shifting to India is a clear answer to your ridiculous argument.
4. NOPE, again a baseless claim that you can't back up with sources. Again with the 30 families. Chinese products do well due to being cheaper while still performing well. Example- Look at India's low end phone market- where Chinese manufacturers are succeeding as they give more tech, at a very low price point- something that the likes of Apple, Samsung or LG can't match. A similar trend has begun to emerge in the Indian Auto Market.
5. Look at the interest rate of the CPEC deal, most details are hidden. China gains a port, and influence. Pakistan gains infrastructure and energy. Good deal? Only that China also earns while building this project, the interest rates are a mixed bag- no doubt that it will benefit the Chinese Banks that have provided the loans. Not just that Chinese companies are employed to work in Pakistan. The amount of jobs created in Pakistan is minuscule compared to what the project costs Pakistan. And again- India is building bigger infrastructure on her own, developing her own ports- why in god's name would be want to be a part of this deal, pay interest to the Chinese while also accepting Pakistan's right to Kashmir by validating CPEC, and have trade and supplies passing through Pakistan, and increase distances for goods to be transported. Think before you respond next time.

And out of all the places I've been to (and I have travelled a lot), China is probably the most controlling, oppressive and censored state around. Everything is censored in China. The Party controls everything- even the media outlets-from news to popstars to movies to the freaking internet!
India's backwardness? It's your freaking opinion. I wont censor it. You're entitled to it. No one really cares about it.

Dont play yourself boy.
You're embarrassing yourself boy.
Unlike you whose "knowledge" and facts are dreamt up at night, here are some links:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-a-day-nitin-gadkari/articleshow/51707068.cms
https://garv.gov.in/garv2/dashboard/main
https://scroll.in/article/746736/th...uilt-in-india-stretching-from-delhi-to-mumbai

And if you want to discuss India's infrastructure/ development/ backwardness go to this thread on the forum:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/india-developing-but-still-a-long-way-to-go.28463/page-737

Try and stick to the topic being discussed here, I will ignore any off topic stuff here on.

Last edited:
There is no comparison India is like a 10000 years behind China. India is still stuck in the stone age if you compare it with Chinas infrastructure
not 1000, 25 years. True at this stage there is not much of a comparison.

Let me tear your argument apart point by point so you can comprehend it:
1. India's infrastructure is far from completely developed, but calling it a network of muddy unpaved roads is a whole lie. Its not been muddy roads for a couple of decades now. I guess you're the one reading propaganda. India's push for infrastructure is very big in fact just the Mumbai - Delhi corridor is $100 billion on its own. Not to mention the construction for the Golden Quadrilateral. Look these up. These projects are one of the biggest infrastructure projects under development right now in the world in terms of scale and cost. As per the rate of construction - the road building rate across India for 20kms a day in 2016. Metros are under constructions and public transport is being overhauled in second tier cities now. Go figure.
2. "far from prosper" true but still one of the fastest growing economies around. Go look at the trajectories and brush up before you come back with a senseless response. Huge FDI, big economic reforms, indigenization and growing infrastructure all are working in our favor. 30 big Indian families control everything? You're kidding right? Considering everything major in China is owned/ run by members of the Party and their families- you couldn't have made a worse case for your self. LOL
3.Please post some resources for this claim. Coming from a Chinese nation this is again major hypocrisy. Don't make me do your research for you. The amount of FDI flowing into India, and manufacturing shifting to India is a clear answer to your ridiculous argument.
4. NOPE, again a baseless claim that you can't back up with sources. Again with the 30 families. Chinese products do well due to being cheaper while still performing well. Example- Look at India's low end phone market- where Chinese manufacturers are succeeding as they give more tech, at a very low price point- something that the likes of Apple, Samsung or LG can't match. A similar trend has begun to emerge in the Indian Auto Market.
5. Look at the interest rate of the CPEC deal, most details are hidden. China gains a port, and influence. Pakistan gains infrastructure and energy. Good deal? Only that China also earns while building this project, the interest rates are a mixed bag- no doubt that it will benefit the Chinese Banks that have provided the loans. Not just that Chinese companies are employed to work in Pakistan. The amount of jobs created in Pakistan is minuscule compared to what the project costs Pakistan. And again- India is building bigger infrastructure on her own, developing her own ports- why in god's name would be want to be a part of this deal, pay interest to the Chinese while also accepting Pakistan's right to Kashmir by validating CPEC, and have trade and supplies passing through Pakistan, and increase distances for goods to be transported. Think before you respond next time.

And out of all the places I've been to (and I have travelled a lot), China is probably the most controlling, oppressive and censored state around. Everything is censored in China. The Party controls everything- even the media outlets-from news to popstars to movies to the freaking internet!
India's backwardness? It's your freaking opinion. I wont censor it. You're entitled to it. No one really cares about it.

Dont play yourself boy.
You're embarrassing yourself boy.
Unlike you whose "knowledge" and facts are dreamt up at night, here are some links:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-a-day-nitin-gadkari/articleshow/51707068.cms
https://garv.gov.in/garv2/dashboard/main
https://scroll.in/article/746736/th...uilt-in-india-stretching-from-delhi-to-mumbai

And if you want to discuss India's infrastructure/ development/ backwardness go to this thread on the forum:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/india-developing-but-still-a-long-way-to-go.28463/page-737

Try and stick to the topic being discussed here, I will ignore any off topic stuff here on.
I seriously doubt you are probably a colledge student that have no clue but delusion. any person with a common brain would work out how backward and close-minded India is compared to other countries and people, only a trip will do.

And you are acting like a parrot pretending that you have been to other countries``:lol:, your fragile ego wont handle the shock of reality if you did travel alot, compared to most developing countries, India is more like a feudal state, that most people are like two legged sheeps, basic rights like sanitation, food and shelter etc are not placed in the society, and there is no sense of social equality and security in India. I was shocked to learn from my Indian suppliers that in India there is no concept of retirement age, required minimum wage or pension fund such basic rights to employees, and the government has no such policy at all to safeguard working class. I saw many miserable, skinny and under ages worked in my suppliers' factories, and your 'free' media seems not very interested to report these, instead of bragging something sensationl that has nothing to do with ordinary well beings.

one of the drivers proudly bragged to me that in India hospital are free to everyone, but when you actually visit those state sponsored hospital, OMG, even our public toilets have better sanitation than that! a sick person would be sicker just by going in these places```` I guess your government propaganda machine wont tell their ruling objects that instead of investing billions to improve the basics, wasting on importing useless weapons are more prominent needs? no wonder the riches are only going to those expensive private ones or just immigrate.

I dont even want to start on how women and low caste people are treated in India. should any of these injustice happened in any modern or civilized country, people would go on street and overthrow the ruling class. unfortunately, your ruling class does so well to keep them deluded and ignorant.

kid, ignorance and delusion is not a bless, work hard, earn some living and start to travel, that would do a wonder to people like you, unless you are hopelessly uncurable:wave:

Lmao I can hear in my house the supa powa cries from the hindoos. That is China's territory, they can do whatever they want, indians can remain butthurt.

Your opinion doesnt matter to me, this is the internet. So I have no interest in changing it either. STICK TO THE TOPIC. In plain english. You keep slinging irrelavent BS. Unless it ties in to what is being discussed here, it shouldnt be here. Spamming, and trolling are against the rules of this forum. Get it now genius?
Ridiculous
:)

the main anchor in my comments is on infrastructure. just because u don't like what u read(or are ashamed of reading<==lolz)- im spewing bullshit and being off topic?

What has state governance got to do with a nations's infrastructure and development? If there is a positive connection, it's laughable at the state of development democratic India when compared to other authoritative nations. U accuse others of going off topic, but went off topic yourself. <== lolz

Anyway, to play along with u(im enjoying it btw)- It's not only China that is authoritative. Example:

Another case of Indians behaving badly around the world- this time round, it's not about Indian men harassing or raping women(<== lolz), but of an Indian savage middle-aged woman assaulting young teenage shop staff.:

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/woman-arrested-after-hitting-shop-employees-tiong-bahru-plaza

29266162.JPG

Misplaced her own bracelet, then blame shop staff <===ridiculous

I posted a user comment at the Yahoo news page. It was deleted by the news page. Yahoo/Google is heavily regulated by the Singaporean Government. Everything that is deemed sensitive, even if not directly offensive- gets deleted and there have been many cases whereby police investigations have been launched against online netizens making outright offensive comments on these media platforms about delicate topics such as religion, race, culture.

So is Singapore less developed than India just because the level of authority the government exerts on the population is excessively-tight?(.e.g we cant even post what we like on the internet). From here, we can see your points are ludicrous and evasive.. Just admit it, India is a poorly-developed country stucked in the mists of time.

Take your pick people.

PS. the Indian woman is a subcontinent Indian because she used the phrase 'call the Black cats!' and from what other users pointed out- shes not a local Indian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Guard

NSG is under the authority of Ministry of Home Affairs (India), However it is not categorised under the uniform nomenclature of Central Armed Police Forces.[3][4] It has a special forces mandate, and its core operational capability is provided by the Special Action Group (SAG) which is drawn from the Indian Army. The Special Rangers Group (SRG), the police component of NSG, which also handles VIP security, is composed of personnel on deputation from other Central Armed Police Forces and State Police Forces.[5][6]:p 455, para7.19.17

The NSG personnel are often referred to in the media as Black Cats because of the black dress and black cat insignia worn on their uniform.[7]

Last edited:
the main anchor in my comments is on infrastructure. just because u don't like what u read(or are ashamed of reading<==lolz)- im spewing bullshit and being off topic?

What has state governance got to do with a nations's infrastructure and development? If there is a positive connection, it's laughable at the state of development democratic India when compared to other authoritative nations. U accuse others of going off topic, but went off topic yourself. <== lolz

Anyway, to play along with u(im enjoying it btw)- It's not only China that is authoritative. Example:

Another case of Indians behaving badly around the world- this time round an Indian savage middle-aged woman assaulting young teenage shop staff:

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/woman-arrested-after-hitting-shop-employees-tiong-bahru-plaza

29266162.JPG

I posted a user comment at the Yahoo news page. It was deleted by the news page. Yahoo/Google is heavily regulated by the Singaporean Government. Everything that is deemed sensitive, even if not directly offensive- gets deleted and there have been many cases whereby police investigations have been launched against online netizens making outright offensive comments on these media platforms about delicate topics such as religion, race, culture.

So is Singapore less developed than India just because the level of authority the government exerts on the population is excessively-tight?(.e.g we cant even post what we like on the internet). From here, we can see your points are ludicrous and evasive.. Just admit it, India is a poorly-developed country stucked in the mists of time.

Take your pick people.

PS. the Indian woman is a subcontinent Indian because she used the phrase 'call the Black cats!' and from what other users pointed out- shes not a local Indian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Guard

NSG is under the authority of Ministry of Home Affairs (India), However it is not categorised under the uniform nomenclature of Central Armed Police Forces.[3][4] It has a special forces mandate, and its core operational capability is provided by the Special Action Group (SAG) which is drawn from the Indian Army. The Special Rangers Group (SRG), the police component of NSG, which also handles VIP security, is composed of personnel on deputation from other Central Armed Police Forces and State Police Forces.[5][6]:p 455, para7.19.17

The NSG personnel are often referred to in the media as Black Cats because of the black dress and black cat insignia worn on their uniform.[7]
Indians are living in slums, making do with poor 3rd world infrastructure and are eating with their bare hands- complemented with shitting by the roadside and wiping their arses with water using the same hand. To me, that's backwardness.

This is my side of the discussion aka my opinion- and u wpnt ever be able to change my opinion.

'Stop my backward rant' = u cant change my opinion and try to shut me up.

Ridiculous.

I repeat, India is a backward country.

Thanks.

You have been talking about Indians wiping their backside, and eating with the same hands. Using words like backwards- without any proof or resource. What does this have to do with infrastructure bud? IT IS OFF TOPIC RANT.
Your newest post is another example-
You again posted random some Indian misbehaving to say all of Indian, and its people are backward. Your argument is hollow to begin with, not to mention it has nothing to do with the topic AGAIN.
Do you see it now?

You have been talking about Indians wiping their backside, and eating with the same hands. Using words like backwards- without any proof or resource. What does this have to do with infrastructure bud? IT IS OFF TOPIC RANT.
Your newest post is another example-
You again posted random some Indian misbehaving to say all of Indian, and its people are backward. Your argument is hollow to begin with, not to mention it has nothing to do with the topic AGAIN.
Do you see it now?

I post that in response to your own rant- u gave me the licence to(<==lolz) dont see u it now too?

Thanks.

I post that in response to your own rant- u gave me the licence to(<==lolz) dont see u it now too?

Thanks.
That makes no sense. Where did I rant? quote me.
Lets discuss infrastructure- I'm more than happy to.

Read the exchange between your comrade and me to see why governance was brought up. I can't do your work for you

Last edited:
That makes no sense. Where did I rant? quote me.
Lets discuss infrastructure- I'm more than happy to.

Read the exchange between your comrade and me to see why governance was brought up. I can't do your work for you

Im lazy to, you know what u've said- just scroll up. yes please im enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom