What's new

China's Incomplete Military Transformation

Sure, its better than one's competitor / rival gives us a fair constructive criticism --- than , like what you said, sugar talk us and say, "oh you're great in everything, there is absolutely no issue with your military chain , in fact, you do to much x, y, z, --- you don't have to focus on these so much ." That's when any military cadre should raise his / her eyebrows. lol.

Let me give you an example -- the JGSDF has some units of the Western Army training with Americans in Southern California right now. And do you know what in? Amphibious warfare doctrine. We know that we have limited Amphibious warfare experience , compared to the US Marines, and thus take the learning opportunity with them as a necessary experience. Afterall, perfection and honing one's skills is continuous, am i right?

Secondarily. JGSDF has absolute lack in dealing with IED (Improvised Explosive Devices) that are used by terrorists / insurgents. The United States has extensive experience in dealing with this threat and thus our JGSDF are continuously training with them regarding this , a preparatory experience, in the event that we have to deploy soldiers into the Middle East / Africa. Without the training and learning experience with US Army and US Marines, we would remain inexperienced and unable to respond effectively in the event our forces are struck with IEDs.

So in that context, I have no doubt that the soldiers of the PLAN, PLA -- are hardy and dedicated professionals. However, in the modern day warfare, doctrines are continuously changing and any military command structure has to be fluid in responding / evolving to these new parameters. A great military , an efficient military is one that can adapt to any exigency -- we must never be static. That said, best of luck to Chinese Military.

Precisely.

Right, in martial arts there is no perfection, only betterment. In peacetime like now, constructive criticism from a stronger and more experienced rival is indeed precious for one's continuous improvement, I call it sports, love it!

The sky is blue.
Water is clear.
The sun is bright.
I can beat up a lion.

Lets just state the obvious, act all serious and call ourselves think tank and milk the government for lots of money!

Of course there are holes in the current Chinese military set up. Just look at the photos of the the recent winter exercises and see the old as hell tanks. Look at some of the gloves the soldiers wear. There isnt enough money to compete with the Americans, only enough to deter them from interfering with Chinese interests in China.

China is undergoing a 'transformation', the changes taking place are piecemeal and incremental. There are massive problems but relative to a few decades back, things look much better. Remember in 1996 an American aircraft carrier pretty much pulled right up between Taiwan and the mainland. Would they pull something like that now?

Times have changed and that is enough. Give another few decades and when Chinese GDP overtakes that of the Americans, maybe then they can be dislodged from East Asia. Circa 2049, 100 years after the founding of the PRC.

I will be an old bastard by then and probably lying in a hospital bed. But smiling like a proud ape.

Lets just state the obvious, act all serious and call ourselves think tank and milk the government for lots of money!

Of course there are holes in the current Chinese military set up. Just look at the photos of the the recent winter exercises and see the old as hell tanks. Look at some of the gloves the soldiers wear. There isnt enough money to compete with the Americans, only enough to deter them from interfering with Chinese interests in China.

China is undergoing a 'transformation', the changes taking place are piecemeal and incremental. There are massive problems but relative to a few decades back, things look much better. Remember in 1996 an American aircraft carrier pretty much pulled right up between Taiwan and the mainland. Would they pull something like that now?

Times have changed and that is enough. Give another few decades and when Chinese GDP overtakes that of the Americans, maybe then they can be dislodged from East Asia. Circa 2049, 100 years after the founding of the PRC.

Agreed to these points.

I will be an old bastard by then and probably lying in a hospital bed. But smiling like a proud ape.

He he he, there is a saying : 老水牛吃嫩草。

:lol:;)

The sky is blue.
Water is clear.
The sun is bright.
I can beat up a lion.

Right, so during the mean time the more useful criticisms the better, China needs that to refine itself.
Enjoy bro!

Gentlemen,

Take it as an inspiration -- to improve the military command structure. Like any SWOT analysis, don't focus on the weaknesses and threats, but, rather, focus on the opportunities and the strengths you have. As for weaknesses and threats -- implementing a MCP (managerial change program) can be useful -- this platform can be used to address curren weaknesses and implement policies to ameliorate it.

Instead of reacting with abrasion and unnecessary hostility, Chinese colleagues, take this report as a learning tool and a constructive praxis. We Japanese do the same -- it is part of the Kaizen Culture -- continuous improvement.

The honorable @Shotgunner51 has a proper response , pragmatic, and ever in the utilitarian spirit. That is the responsible way!

Regards to all,
ususally I would agree, except, some people are using this report, which is looking more and more like measures against American standards, to mean their country has a chance, a good chance.

That's annoying as hell, I seen a moron, not on here, post a battle from 1700s, that along with this report shows why they are better.

ususally I would agree, except, some people are using this report, which is looking more and more like measures against American standards, to mean their country has a chance, a good chance.

That's annoying as hell, I seen a moron, not on here, post a battle from 1700s, that along with this report shows why they are better.

It's part of the growing pains of becoming a global power , my man. The fact that America is analyzing the PLA -- is testament to how far it has come along. Take it easy, see things from a glass half full perspective.

Cheers hottie ! (I'm referring to the chic in your avatar, not you per se) :rofl::lol:

Loosers boast and whine, winners unruffled and poise, history are lessons, numbers don't lie ...
Relax sweetie ... :smitten:

Right, so during the mean time the more useful criticisms the better, China needs that to refine itself.
Enjoy bro!

China will always be criticized. The Western media has it in for the Chinese so constructive criticism is blended together with blatant racist slander.

The plus side is that Chinese people are impervious to their high horse ivory tower bull shit. For most of history, the West is barbarous in compassion to the East and right now we are living in the abberation of the historical norm. The world will re-balance itself naturally.

On a side note, I have always been of the opinion that the number one enemy of China is never a foreigner. The collapse of a dynasty always starts from within. There are worthless, traitorous and selfish scum within our ranks and these people will always be the biggest hole in Chinese defence.

Corruption is unavoidable course for every sectors in each country and hardly fix if rooted deeply.
One have to instate fear when you decided to uphold righteous.

Cheers,
Buddy from SouthEastAsia

China will always be criticized. The Western media has it in for the Chinese so constructive criticism is blended together with blatant racist slander.

The plus side is that Chinese people are impervious to their high horse ivory tower bull shit. For most of history, the West is barbarous in compassion to the East and right now we are living in the abberation of the historical norm. The world will re-balance itself naturally.

On a side note, I have always been of the opinion that the number one enemy of China is never a foreigner. The collapse of a dynasty always starts from within. There are worthless, traitorous and selfish scum within our ranks and these people will always be the biggest hole in Chinese defence.

Yes, there always will be criticism. BTW racist distrust and hostility is basic human nature, it's just politically incorrect to say it out loud, everybody just get prepared for it, don't live in fairy tale. While China is re-surging to its rightful position, it carries a very "unique" political system which will brings even more distrust from outsiders, that's an image problem China has to deal with as well.

You are right, empires collapsed from implosion within. Worthless, traitorous and selfish scum, they always exist, and that's just again dark side of human nature, very normal. I can see Xi and his team are on the right path to remove the bad apples, but the bigger question is: Is there a way to naturally reduce/minimize it? Why the bad apples keep popping out? Decision making on economic issues, removing the bad apples, on military issues, on other things, are relatively easy, how about reform our ways of decision making? A good top-level political design can minimize corruption while maintaining the necessary high efficiency, as we can see example like Singapore.

Last edited:
Yes, there always will be criticism. BTW racist distrust and hostility is basic human nature, it's just politically incorrect to say it out loud, everybody just get prepared for it, don't live in fairy tale. While China is re-surging to its rightful position, it carries a very "unique" political system which will brings even more distrust from outsiders, that's an image problem China has to deal with as well.

You are right, empires collapsed from implosion within. Worthless, traitorous and selfish scum, they are everywhere, and that's just again dark side of human nature. I can see Xi and his team are on the right path to remove bad apples, but the bigger question is: Is there a way to naturally reduce/minimize it? Why the bad apples keep popping out? Decision making on economic issues, removing the bad apples, on military issues, on other things, are relatively easy, how about reform our ways of decision making?

Its the amalgamation of bad behavior that destroys the country. To save the country, everyone has to look within and to be better people. that way, less scum makes it to the top where they can do real damage.

There is so much crap going on these days ranging from old bastards eating endangered animals to fix their dick to frivoulous women waiting in line to buy Apple Iphones. Xi's corruption crackdown is good but I like how he is trying to reform the national character. Better people = better country.

Its the amalgamation of bad behavior that destroys the country. To save the country, everyone has to look within and to be better people. that way, less scum makes it to the top where they can do real damage.

There is so much crap going on these days ranging from old bastards eating endangered animals to fix their dick to frivoulous women waiting in line to buy Apple Iphones. Xi's corruption crackdown is good but I like how he is trying to reform the national character. Better people = better country.

Absolutely right! If one look deeper into the society of HK, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan and Korea, one will find a lot of the good traditional values that are originated from ancient China but lost in modern days China. If one open his heart, he will see. China has lost 2 centuries (Over 1 century in seclusion/闭关锁国 vs industrial revolution; almost 1 century in anti-fascist War and Marxist-Stalinism), and hopefully will re-surge to its rightful position in the near future.

Bottom line is that South Korea was preserved as a democratic institution and the United Nations + US were able to cease the communist threat, which envisaged a Communist Korean Peninsula.

South Korea , presently, is a major economic power, a flowering democracy a sharp contrast to the failed state such as North Korea whose entire population live in utter and absolute poverty.

Therein lies the dichotomy. And the success of the Allied Cause.

Period.

North Korea:

View attachment 192295

View attachment 192296

---------------

South Korea

View attachment 192297

View attachment 192298

I was not expecting such comments from you Mate, financial blockade to S.K by whole EU, US and others then i want to see S.K. West always come with full of nations not as a single country. This tiny country is even today give US and other a very tough time.

Last edited:
A few things to keep in mind. :-)

Rand is the same think-tank that said China is able to defeat the US over the Taiwan Strait back in 2009.

RAND study: Now China wins Taiwan Straits air war - The DEW Line

Rand is the same think-tank that said China has the ability to cripple the entire first island chain with missile strikes.

YN0VzMy.jpg

So do you believe Rand or not? :devil:

Back
Top Bottom