What's new

China's Ghost Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hard, and not any less warmongering. :D What other country has such media headlines??

I've done the 2012 and 2014 ones, now here is the 2017 one.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/26426-indian-army-fears-china-attack-2017-a.html

All these were posted on PDF, I'm sure there are more elsewhere.

Its not warmongering.

It is the job of the defense analysts to come up with possible scenarios. They may not be what we want to happen but what can happen.

It is the job of the government to examine the scenarios and decide which ones to ignore and which ones to plan for.

Some analysts will be more hawkish than others. That is a given.

Like that "Chinese Analyst" looking to break up India and getting space in the "Chinese state media" that is only possible with state sanction.

The media will likely pick the sensationalist news. That is how it works when you have 20+ news channels vying for the same eyeballs. BTW, NDTV is a pretty decent channel.

They report events, they don't create them!

Not hard, and not any less warmongering. :D What other country has such media headlines??

I've done the 2012 and 2014 ones, now here is the 2017 one.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/26426-indian-army-fears-china-attack-2017-a.html

All these were posted on PDF, I'm sure there are more elsewhere.

All countries that have media freedom and any Individual can make an analysis and publish it. Your basic problem seems to understanding the fact that this is not the equivalent of Chinese media, where you have to be authorized by the all mighty government to publish your views. An article in the media does not represent GoI's standpoint.
Please try to understand this is a democracy, even I can have an article published given the right contacts.

What has 'China could attack India before 2012, claims analyst' got to do with China's Ghost Cities?

The usual deflect issue on a tangent so that the issue gets lost in garbage and then put out of mind so that an embarrassment that cannot be explained comprehensibly is avoided?

Have we not experienced this earlier too?

Hey take it easy man, no offence to chinese tobacco whatever that may be, it was just an incident I remembered reading that post about Chinese tobacco being mandatory for Chinese officials.

Well you gotta know China is large and full of people, all kinds of people. So something may happen and something becomes news. If you believe what you read from the newspaper and think em that is all about China, You may get wrong kid.

Your basic problem seems to understanding the fact that this is not the equivalent of Chinese media, where you have to be authorized by the all mighty government to publish your views.

BS stereotype, that I have been forced to correct over and over again. :rolleyes:

I live in Hong Kong, which has a constitutional guarantee to free media. In the Press Freedom Index, we rank as number one in Asia.

You are free to read the Hong Kong media, and check for any warmongering. Freedom doesn't automatically lead to stupidity.

Well you gotta know China is large and full of people, all kinds of people. So something may happen and something becomes news. If you believe what you read from the newspaper and think em that is all about China, You may get wrong kid.

I don't think anyone thinks that these "ghost towns" are the sum total of China!

I don't know why people got so touchy and brought in stuff like "intentions", "warmongering by Indian media" and such stuff.

That seems to happen pretty much on every thread now a days. I have seen that NDTV report being mentioned several times, on almost every other thread. Any topic is good enough for it to be brought in it seems. ;)

:pop: I believe that Indian govt does not plan to invade China. Let us not change the thread.
Look, Arjun MBT have weight over 60 tons, LCA has a very small voyage. They are not offensive weapons.
We need to ignore the Indian media.

The media will likely pick the sensationalist news. That is how it works when you have 20+ news channels vying for the same eyeballs. BTW, NDTV is a pretty decent channel.

As above, I understand how the free media works. Hong Kong ranks the highest in Asia, in terms of media freedom.

BS stereotype, that I have been forced to correct over and over again. :rolleyes:

I live in Hong Kong, which has a constitutional guarantee to free media. In the Press Freedom Index, we rank as number one in Asia.

You are free to read the Hong Kong media, and check for any warmongering. Freedom doesn't automatically lead to stupidity.

Yes. Stupidity. That is the word I'm trying to find for those works by Indian media.

As above, I understand how the free media works. I have the free media, Hong Kong ranks number one in Asia on the Press Freedom Index.

Then why would you quote that report on every thread?

Even if that thread is not about Indo-China relations!

I don't think anyone thinks that these "ghost towns" are the sum total of China!

I don't know why people got so touchy and brought in stuff like "intentions", "warmongering by Indian media" and such stuff.

That seems to happen pretty much on every thread now a days. I have seen that NDTV report being mentioned several times, on almost every other thread. Any topic is good enough for it to be brought in it seems. ;)

I understand you may not like it but I call it the freedom of thought and speech.

Get used to it when people 'brought in stuff like... and such stuff'.

Thanks.

Yes. Stupidity. That is the word I'm trying to find for those works by Indian media.

But you find that "Chinese analyst" "not stupid"?

BTW, this thread is not about India at all. Not sure why some people felt the need to make it one.

Then why would you quote that report on every thread?

Even if that thread is not about Indo-China relations!

Because it is something that annoys me. :D

And you mentioned "self-fulfilling prophecies", so I gave some examples. Which I later clarified on request.

Do you agree with my assessment that those are self-fulfilling prophecies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom