What's new

China will take strong counter measures

Zhan was arrested and sent to prosecutors on suspicion of deliberately causing his vessel to collide with a Japanese patrol boat pursuing it near the Senkaku Islands. He is also suspected of illegally fishing in Japanese territorial waters

China using standoff to test Japan | The Japan Times Online

He is schedule to have a hearing under Japanese Law. The boat and the rest of the crew has been released.

If Japan givens in to China threats and intimidation on this what is next?
What is next for the rest of the countries in Asia?

Zhan was arrested and sent to prosecutors on suspicion of deliberately causing his vessel to collide with a Japanese patrol boat pursuing it near the Senkaku Islands. He is also suspected of illegally fishing in Japanese territorial waters

He is schedule to have a hearing under Japanese Law. The boat and the rest of the crew has been released.

To embrace China with open arms and be aware of Americas bogeymen who go and turn any asian country as rougue states.

Last edited:

The problem is that the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands are disputed territories. If the Captain fished in Japanese waters and got caught, fine. He gets fined and serves prison time and no one in China except the ultranationalists would complain. The problem right now is that he was caught in what we Chinese believe to be CHINESE WATERS and held despite Chinese protests.

As in what is next for the countries of Asia... I think it'll be best if they all expand their military and purchase more military hardware from the U.S. After all the big bad China is starting conflicts left and right so they've got the rights to defend themselves, right? Eventually when things get really nice they can help fund Tibetan and Xingjiang Indepence groups and then the big bad China will fall apart...

Just wanted to tell you what you want to hear buddy.

this is a dispute water China fishing there for a long time.they just act fine .it is Japan start the dispute.
if China allowed other country enforce the law . you national who just fising on you water(which you claim) but it is became illegal and punish by another country .it would no next ,it means you lost this water forever.we can't stand this .

Hey, welcome back Captain,:tup: how you doing? a pretty pleasant vacation ah?:smitten: looking forward to see you bringing your c.........skill to the next level:yahoo:

Hey, welcome back Captain,:tup: how you doing? a pretty pleasant vacation ah?:smitten: looking forward to see you bringing your c.........skill to the next level:yahoo:

Shush. I can tell that the guy wasn't vacationing at all! He probably spent the whole time thinking of ways to bring down our big bad "commie" government so he could save us all. :smitten:

I don't know if I'm the only one feeling a bit unease with some of China's new countermeasures like today's last minute cancellation of our invitation to 1,000 young Japanese to visit Shanghai Expo. People to people interaction is too important as a stabilizer of Sino-Japanese to be sacrificed in diplomatic postures.

Exactly. Forget about changing the mind of those old right wingers, it's time for China to create positive image of itself in front of the young Japanese.

I don't know if I'm the only one feeling a bit unease with some of China's new countermeasures like today's last minute cancellation of our invitation to 1,000 young Japanese to visit Shanghai Expo. People to people interaction is too important as a stabilizer of Sino-Japanese to be sacrificed in diplomatic postures.

As much I as I agree with both you and Maxx I think the government would probably have taken a lot of flak if they didn't do something like that. The people's anger must be vented somehow and this, unfortunately, ended up being one of the ways.

I don't think so, the blame in those young Japanese's minds will lay more on their government. It was they who initiated the series of events that led to the cancellation of an eagerly anticipated trip. I think they'll probably get to the Expo if things gets threshed out before oct 31th.

In fact it will be a nice gesture if things end amiably or at least satisfactorily.

I don't think so, the blame in those young Japanese's minds will lay more on their government. It was they who initiated the series of events that led to the cancellation of an eagerly anticipated trip. I think they'll probably get to the Expo if things gets threshed out before oct 31th.

In fact it will be a nice gesture if things end amiably or at least satisfactorily.

I'm curious about how the Japanese Pavilion is doing right now. Wondering if the number of Chinese visitors took a dip as a result of the recent incidence.

I'm curious about how the Japanese Pavilion is doing right now. Wondering if the number of Chinese visitors took a dip as a result of the recent incidence.

The damn expo is so crowed, if attendance took a dive there, most Chinese would think of it as a time-in-line/entertainment value bargain and jump right in.

You know how we Chinese love a bargain :cheers::cheers: (cheapest people on earth IMO lol)

The damn expo is so crowed, if attendance took a dive there, most Chinese would think of it as a time-in-line/entertainment value bargain and jump right in.

You know how we Chinese love a bargain :cheers::cheers: (cheapest people on earth IMO lol)

Damn it looks like my Uncle still has to wait a couple more weeks before he could visit the Japanese Pavilion.

This certainly looks like an overreaction by China for a fisherman. Also note that only the captain was detained, all other fishermen on the boat were sent back to China.

Just look at the Indian and Pakistani fidhermen, 100s of them are held by either country without hardly a peep from either side. Not that it is good ofcourse but hardly taken as seriously as China has done.

:D
This certainly looks like an overreaction by China for a fisherman. Also note that only the captain was detained, all other fishermen on the boat were sent back to China.

Just look at the Indian and Pakistani fidhermen, 100s of them are held by either country without hardly a peep from either side. Not that it is good ofcourse but hardly taken as seriously as China has done.

Hmmm this is a bilateral affair. Do you really have the requisite background knowledge to judge it an overreaction?

Back
Top Bottom