What's new

China Will Launch Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier 80.000 & 110.000 Tonnes in 2015 and 2020 !!

Daniel808

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
CHINA has declared it is building a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier of a size to rival the biggest in United States naval service in the first move of a major new arms race.

Chinese website qianzhan.com cites "top People's Liberation Army" sources as saying the 110,000-ton aircraft carrier should be launched by 2020.

"By that time, China will be able to confront the most advanced US carrier-based fighter jets in high sea," the Chinese-language article reads.

The news follows rising tensions in the South and East China Seas where the most recent incident involved a near-collision with a US cruiser shadowing China's first aircraft carrier, the refurbished Liaoning which was purchased from Ukraine.

China's first homegrown aircraft carrier will be a larger version of Liaoning. The first of two such vessels is due to hit the water in 2015.

The design is reportedly based on drawings from the former Soviet Union of a nuclear-powered, 80,000 ton vessel capable of carrying 60 aircraft.

"Despite their lack of experience, Chinese scientific research personnel have the ambition to overcome various difficulties to master lots of new technologies and techniques in building China's own powerful aircraft carrier," the article reads.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

China Second Generation AC.jpg

China Second-Generation Aircraft Carrier Design. (Ulyanovsk?)

China AC.jpg

Aircraft Carrier Liaoning 'Pride of The Fleet'

So, The Conclusion I Think.

China Will Build Two Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier Weighted 80.000 Tonnes and The First of Two Such Vessel Will Launch in 2015. :yahoo:

And Also, China Will Launch Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier Weighted 110.000 Tonnes in 2020. :china:

Good News China, Hope PLA Navy Can Compete US Pacific Fleet in The Next Decade. :woot:
and Become A Real Partner For Indonesia. :-)

I looked at a few articles on that site and let's just say wow.

I know some reports are hard to distinguish between true and false, but does the editor even have a brain?

This isn't trust worthy. Not saying it must be a lie, but 2015 is way too early and highly unlikely it will be nuclear powered.

At best China's second carrier can be launched by 2017-18 and operationalised by 2020..!

The title made everyone confusing.

the 2nd carrier would be unclear ( not nuclear ).
And current coastal missile range of Vietnam is 550km, anti-ship missile : 300km.
and air launching missiles from Su-30MK2, or from Kilo-class sub could cover entire of SCS, including Sanya base.

false news, the initial news in chinese is only a blog, and no where talking about 80000tons carrier, the editor of the english news put many his own fancy
As I said, any type news about China in English was rewrote by editors , even they can,t read in Chinese, only using google trans

China as the world's biggest shipbuilder won't have much trouble building huge vessels like that,but that's all boils down to whether it is worth it. If we can develope reliable and effective weapons to sink carriers,why bother building them.

At best China's second carrier can be launched by 2017-18 and operationalised by 2020..!

How can you Predict that?
are you from PLA Navy Inner Circle? :what:

false news, the initial news in chinese is only a blog, and no where talking about 80000tons carrier, the editor of the english news put many his own fancy
As I said, any type news about China in English was rewrote by editors , even they can,t read in Chinese, only using google trans

Is that True?
Btw, Thanks for your info :-)

Do you Think China Will Launch Second Aircraft Carrier in 2017?

India's next carrier INS Vishal which will be nuclear powered and fitted with EMALS will be launched for trials by 2018 I think.

There are plans to build another bigger carrier too.

India's next carrier INS Vishal which will be nuclear powered and fitted with EMALS will be launched for trials by 2018 I think.

There are plans to build another bigger carrier too.

INS Vishal is expected to enter service by 2025 so i think it will be in sea trials a few years beforehand(~2022).

My personal opinion is that China would launch 2 conventional carriers in 2018(70-80,000 tonnes) for service in 2020 and 2 nuclear powered carriers(100,000) tonnes in 2022-2023 for service in 2025.

INS Vishal is expected to enter service by 2025 so i think it will be in sea trials a few years beforehand(~2022).

My personal opinion is that China would launch 2 conventional carriers in 2018(70-80,000 tonnes) for service in 2020 and 2 nuclear powered carriers(100,000) tonnes in 2022-2023 for service in 2025.

:lol:

Chinese themselves are claiming they will launch 2 carriers by 2020 and here you are out of curiosity claiming that chinese will launch 4 nuclear carriers by 2025 !!!

By 2020 India will have three operational carriers INS Vikramaditya, INS Vikrant and INS Vishal (70000 tons).

Additionally India will have a string marine base at the east Andaman and Nicobar islands to Seychelles(Marine co operation on the cards).

IOR will be ruled by Indian Navy.

:lol:

Chinese themselves are claiming they will launch 2 carriers by 2020 and here you are out of curiosity claiming that chinese will launch 4 nuclear carriers by 2025 !!!

By 2020 India will have three operational carriers INS Vikramaditya, INS Vikrant and INS Vishal (70000 tons).

Additionally India will have a string marine base at the east Andaman and Nicobar islands to Seychelles(Marine co operation on the cards).

IOR will be ruled by Indian Navy.

Read my post again.

2 conventional carriers by 2020 and then 2 nuclear carriers by 2025.

Look at the aggressive build-up of the destroyer fleet. In 2010, there were only 2 AESA destroyers and in 2016 there are likely to be 14 AESA destroyers in service. That is a total of 2 destroyers a year.

And I repeat Vishal will not be ready till around 2025. So India will then have 2 40,000 tonne conventional carriers and 1 65,000 tonne nuclear carrier if all goes according to plan.

Back
Top Bottom