What's new

China vs India -- from Japan's point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Economies grow for two reasons,

Either they have something cheap to offer like labor or resources.

After 2015 china's working population will be on decline and china has no technology/resources either to offer to world to become a super power.

This is zero sum game played by us at the end of the day west will still be a super power take it or not.

I think China still has 200 million surplus labor. Their statistics bureau stated that it won't be until 2050 when 75% of the population can get a job in the cities. Both China and India have great labor potentials. While India has a younger population, China has more advanced industrial technology. Though, neither are leading the fields as Africa has a younger population with the US/Japan/western Europe having more advanced technology.

Last edited:
Economies grow for two reasons,

Either they have something cheap to offer like labor or resources.

After 2015 china's working population will be on decline and china has no technology/resources either to offer to world to become a super power.

This is zero sum game played by us at the end of the day west will still be a super power take it or not.

^^ A bit disappointment, treatment, to be honest. Why don't you re-schedule with your shrink to have another session new month? We'll take it from there, ok?

Last edited:
The reality for Rohul only exist in 2040. That is call lack of self confidence.

Its like some kids would say "My dad is bigger than your dad" . This guy is saying "My grandkid will beat up your grandkid" How pathetic and childish.

I'm glad that not all Indians are like him.

You are the one who like to talk about India in the year 2040.. Its funny you are advising others not to look ahead. Do you even listening to your own suggestions. Or you only bring up the year 2040 if it suit your arguement and tell other people to look at today if it also suit your arguement. You are full of common sense that others canot see.:rofl:

I see no Chinesel live in the future. Only Rahul Indian live in the future. Stop day dreaming. live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself. In the mean time, if you really care about your country, help take care of the social and sanitary situation in your country.

chinese like u take it for granted that in 2040 they will be super power and that is but day dreaming...
they feel insecure to think of India.... and its progress...

it is like West Indiesin 1983 feeling like for granted they will win the cricket world cup...lol...
but it was India which won....:smitten:... and ur replies seem like that of a kid.... :)

Wait a sec... China is number 1 and is way ahead of all the existing nations, China is super power. Nobody can beat China..China is the biggest Economy, China is from Mars...is it ok now for all the Chinese (Speeder2, a0333, faithfulguy) and pakistani (Rain) who are dying to prove it? Now stop fighting and posting crap...

Another India vs China? Yeah, it will never end. So if you can't end it why don't we all enjoy it?

For those who can read Chinese, I find an interesting article by 郎咸平 Larry Hsien Ping Lang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia He is from democratic Taiwan of China, with which some great Indians want to ally to counter mainland China. He is often critical of Chinese economy.

Link to the article: ÀÉÏÌƽ£ºÓ¡¶ÈÈË×î×ÔÁµ ¸ù±¾¾Í×èµ²²»ÁËÖйúÖÆÔì - ±¶¿ÉÇ×È«Çò¿ìѶ

Quote: “美国皮尤研究中心做了一个调查,全世界人种中,印度人最自恋。他不容许听到他们国家的不好,而且印度的这种自大、自负,包括自恋心态,是与中国扭结在一起的。”

Wondering if somebody bother translate this into English for our Indian friends to see how their democratic counter party values them.

Enjoy! :lol:

chinese like u take it for granted that in 2040 they will be super power and that is but day dreaming...
they feel insecure to think of India.... and its progress...

it is like West Indiesin 1983 feeling like for granted they will win the cricket world cup...lol...
but it was India which won....:smitten:... and ur replies seem like that of a kid.... :)

Give me a break, you are the one who is talking about in the future, India will be #1. Stop make baseless prediction of the future. It just shows your lack of confidence. You need to create an exaggerated reality to make you feel good about your country. You should love your own country whether its a basket case as it is right now or its the developed and confident like USA:usflag:

I think China still has 200 million surplus labor. Their statistics bureau stated that it won't be until 2050 when 75% of the population can get a job in the cities. Both China and India have great labor potentials. While India has a younger population, China has more advanced industrial technology. Though, neither are leading the fields as Africa has a younger population with the US/Japan/western Europe having more advanced technology.

I take your point - but what matters is chinese working population is on decline.

Ill make my point further clear as china grows further it will start diverting its resources from manufacturing to other things such as , health care, social care, education, research, infrastructure/IT, Construction, Banking & Financial sector - definetely this diversion will help china become more stronger as the standard of living gets better the cost of manufacturing will start rising.

See we need to understand the point - west is superior in its technology and it might take nother half a century for china/india to compete west let alone bet as we are talk west is inventing new technologies and they know technology is the future. (you may disagree and some might say china is far superior than west - but lets be realistic for a moment) and remember the banking system is still controlled by West, we might have the treasure but the key is still with the west- and we cant beat nor we have a strategy to beat that yet.

Its all about Zero sum game Western planners aren't stupid and indian/chinese arent smarter either, by the time we reach western standards west would have moved further
away.

Lets not bash each other with ding bats if people here think china/india should be superpowers or even come close to being superpowers they should work together and not fight with eachother.

Some people think china is a superpower at the moment i would say its not as its power rests on US paper dollars not the real assets.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/ch/Age_distribution (this is chinese population pyramid)

And after 2030 chinese population will actually start declining it says and number of unemployable/old people will double by 2050.

And belive me or not by 2050 chinese population above 55 years will be actually around 500 million if not more. and population below 20 years would be around 400 million, so that leaves around 500 million people to can work.

Last edited:

BTW, India tanked in the 2007 cricket world cup against the lightly regard Bangladesh team. India underperformed and choked. How come India sucks at the Olympics? Did India win more metals than Taiwan in the last 3 Olympics? Its so odd for a country with 1+ billion people to suck so much in Olympics.

BTW, India tanked in the 2007 cricket world cup against the lightly regard Bangladesh team. India underperformed and choked. How come India sucks at the Olympics? Did India win more metals than Taiwan in the last 3 Olympics? Its so odd for a country with 1+ billion people to suck so much in Olympics.

Cricket playing nations do not have a good track record In Olympics... In India, Everything is cricket, and There is No One except for TATA to facilitate the Budding Athletes In India....

So the problem is People, In India people are More Interested towards Cricket than In any other sport, and Many are looking there carrier in cricket than in any other sport....

Cricket playing nations do not have a good track record In Olympics... In India, Everything is cricket, and There is No One except for TATA to facilitate the Budding Athletes In India....

So the problem is People, In India people are More Interested towards Cricket than In any other sport, and Many are looking there carrier in cricket than in any other sport....

If cricket is such a big sport there. How come its Australia that is winning the world cups. Not India. the largest country with soccer (association football) as the #1 sport, Brazil, won a lot of world cups. How come India is not winning a lot of cricket world cup when its the #1 sport in India and India has a much bigger population than Australia.

Finally, cricket is also popular in England. (Probably their #2 sport) and England still wins a lot of gold medal in the olympics. Australia also has good record in Olympics. So its just not true that countries that are good at cricket are not good at Olympics.

If cricket is such a big sport there. How come its Australia that is winning the world cups. Not India. the largest country with soccer (association football) as the #1 sport, Brazil, won a lot of world cups. How come India is not winning a lot of cricket world cup when its the #1 sport in India and India has a much bigger population than Australia.

Finally, cricket is also popular in England. (Probably their #2 sport) and England still wins a lot of gold medal in the olympics. Australia also has good record in Olympics. So its just not true that countries that are good at cricket are not good at Olympics.

I said not a good track record In olympics,not that they dont perform,, people In India are More fond of cricket than Any other sports, so naturally there is No demand for any other sports in India.... but hey India is Just coming up, as we Came to Know late that Cricket is no Sport but Business, Can U Imagine a game which goes for 5 days and still ends In a Draw???:blink:

Last edited:
Hi Chaps,

Interesting argument across all boards, as a Singaporean Chinese who has spent time in China I would like to put in my 2 cents from a different perspective.

What China is doing now is not perfect but I can see merits in its plan especially with peak oil around the corner

With Oil prices hitting 100 USD per barrel many things we take for granted will be impacted

1. Food
2. Transportation (Cars, Airplanes, trucks etc)
3. Electricity (substituted by other sourced)

It seems to me the China government has implement the below policies to fast track the economy via

1. Controlling the population.
2. Building a good infastructure base (The machines needed to build the infastructure & the materials itself can only be obtained or run on fossil fuels)
3. Building a strong military base
4. Securing additional oil resources (Africa, Iran, Russia etc etc)
5. Building good biletaeral relations

Once the world starts to run out of oil (and it will) the countries without a good infastructure in place will be the ones that suffer. And China's preparation for this are

1. Low future population requiring lower resources to maintain especially with less food to go round.
2. Infastructure that can be run on electricity obtained by Nuclear energy, coal burning, Dams etc etc. (i.e High speed trains)
3. Military strength and technology to defend the country (Especially by countries who can't build the required infastructure to support their populations due to lack of world resources)
4. Additional oil resources for technology which can't run on renewables i.e airplanes, fighter jets etc etc

I can't say what the world would be like in 2040 or who will be the new superpower but I can bet that Oil prices if any is left would be sky high, woe befall any nation who is unprepared for it. The wars will be fought over resources and nothing else. I reckon countries in separate continents will not bother sending troops to help any allies for fear of depleting their own oil reserves.

Regards
Mike

You raised important and good points. There is no time to waste

Hi Chaps,

Interesting argument across all boards, as a Singaporean Chinese who has spent time in China I would like to put in my 2 cents from a different perspective.

What China is doing now is not perfect but I can see merits in its plan especially with peak oil around the corner

With Oil prices hitting 100 USD per barrel many things we take for granted will be impacted

1. Food
2. Transportation (Cars, Airplanes, trucks etc)
3. Electricity (substituted by other sourced)

It seems to me the China government has implement the below policies to fast track the economy via

1. Controlling the population.
2. Building a good infastructure base (The machines needed to build the infastructure & the materials itself can only be obtained or run on fossil fuels)
3. Building a strong military base
4. Securing additional oil resources (Africa, Iran, Russia etc etc)
5. Building good biletaeral relations

Once the world starts to run out of oil (and it will) the countries without a good infastructure in place will be the ones that suffer. And China's preparation for this are

1. Low future population requiring lower resources to maintain especially with less food to go round.
2. Infastructure that can be run on electricity obtained by Nuclear energy, coal burning, Dams etc etc. (i.e High speed trains)
3. Military strength and technology to defend the country (Especially by countries who can't build the required infastructure to support their populations due to lack of world resources)
4. Additional oil resources for technology which can't run on renewables i.e airplanes, fighter jets etc etc

I can't say what the world would be like in 2040 or who will be the new superpower but I can bet that Oil prices if any is left would be sky high, woe befall any nation who is unprepared for it. The wars will be fought over resources and nothing else. I reckon countries in separate continents will not bother sending troops to help any allies for fear of depleting their own oil reserves.

Regards
Mike

Hi mike good points but u forget one thing, oil is means to control the world if oil runs out there are lots of other ways to kick the countries ticking, check this video of nikola tesla one of my fvs its worth 46 mins of your life

The Missing Secrets Of Nikola Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom