What's new

China vs India -- from Japan's point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why would the Japanese consider Chinese and Indians in an adversarial relationship? Both the Asian countries are perhaps the very few who have some significance in the world economies at the moment and therefore it would be a disaster if there's any conflict here which from what I know about Japanese would be never wished by them.

With Japanese decision to lean a bit away from the United States and to assert a bit of freedom in at least economic and foreign policies if not military ones, I think Tokyo would be more interested in taking both the countries along so as to form an Asian economic forum.

At this juncture or any, I don't expect any rift between either of the Asian countries and instead it would be more focused on fighting terrorism whether it is in the Chinese northwestern provinces or Indian northern.

Economic cooperation is so high that it has become almost like a mutual assured destruction policy. :lol:

Besides, there's enough already for the entire world to handle at the moment with terrorists running rampant in Afghanistan-Pakistan border, and bomb plots being discovered all over the world by radicalized youth.

that will remain...comparisons are bound to happen, whether u refute or accept...i am all for it...healthy competition is goood....lets see whos century it is India or CHina...

it is just too early in the race...like 0.1% only...

the 21st century will be another American century. Maybe India and China can fight out for the leadership in the 22nd century. But right now, India is behind in that race.

Also, I am not interested in finding out who will be the leader of the 22nd century as my kids would pass away by that time. I let my grandkids and their kids decide that question.

dude not only xcounter..that we are dng rt now..but to be better and strnger then them also..wait till 2040...:cheers:

Here you are talking about 2040. And when 2040 comes and things don't go your way, would it be 2060 or 2080???

You must be of the seer and prophet caste in India. As far as I know, such caste doesnt' exist. You must be the starter of such a caste:rofl::rofl::rofl:

India is not crying for recognition in global stage, It is US who is shouting that it wants an alliance with India be it anti china or not :cheers:.
You can compare China and India now as both are developing economically and militarily. About the sphere of influence in south asia, India has the significant influence in this region and it will be there for years to come. China is not a super power yet and is developing to become one. If any country has the potential to develop and counter china it is India and nobody can deny it.

Bush definitely did tried to cultivate a good relationship with India. Obama, being foolish, didn't. I personally think that its important for US to have a good relationship with India. But India has to respond and become an allie to the US in the same way that Japan, Australia and Korea is to the US.

Here you are talking about 2040. And when 2040 comes and things don't go your way, would it be 2060 or 2080???

You must be of the seer and prophet caste in India. As far as I know, such caste doesnt' exist. You must be the starter of such a caste:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Our indian friends like to live in a dream world full of fantasies and forget the past n present.

Let the, enjoy brother.:cheers:

anyhow being number 1 n 2 in world wont really make much of difference at that time.... coz 1 and 2 can neithher fight nor harm each other.....

I would say that US would still be #1 in 2040 and the way things are going China should be #2. EU would be #3, Russia #4 and Japan #5. Its either Brazil or India at #6 but I would choose Brazil.

I would say that US would still be #1 in 2040 and the way things are going China should be #2. EU would be #3, Russia #4 and Japan #5. Its either Brazil or India at #6 but I would choose Brazil.

Where did you get this information? If it from a reliable sources, then please share or if it is your prophecies, then we are not interested.

Anyway for a proper analysis of world at 2040, please check the following link

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/ideas/brics/book/99-dreaming.pdf

here comes the biggest prophet of PDF.... :smokin:

why dont u stop dreaming about CHina(chinese are such day dreamers, cant u live in present)..... :D

we will see what happens by 2040....

Learn to live in present...future could be shocking for CHina....no one knw whats lined up ahead....so stop speculating....

I never say what will happen in 2040...if u can read english...i am saying there are two fastest grwn economies....and still a very long way to go....lets wait n see........

n am not a seer like u(i mean paid to post here)... ..so cant predict the wolrd future so accurately like u do...:D

what vs India ???
:whistle:

Who cares!:woot:

that is why i say CHinese live in denail and day dreaming mode....:D

they dont want to even wait till they reach where they want to be...
they are all so much filled with insecurity about future....interesting....all chinese are like that..??? day dreamers/living in future and not present or some also live in reality..:lol:

Where did you get this information? If it from a reliable sources, then please share or if it is your prophecies, then we are not interested.

Anyway for a proper analysis of world at 2040, please check the following link

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/ideas/brics/book/99-dreaming.pdf

Now, I don't wanna get into this vs. stuff, but that article was written in '03 and has already been proven to be inaccurate as it has seriously underestimated China's growth potential. It predicted a steady decline of Chinese real GDP growth rate, down to ~6% by 2010, but the actual rate was at ~9% even through a global recession.

Lol, Raul, your dream paper is outdated. Check out the new [ridiculous] 2009 Goldman Sachs "predictions."

It states that China will surpass the US in PPP by 2016. And at an average growth rate of 9.5%, it will surpass the US in nominal GDP by 2027 if its currency appreciates by 2% annually, 2025 if by 3% and 2020 if by 5%. (I believe the Chinese currency is climbing 2.7-3% this year)

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...will-be-the-worlds-biggest-economy-by-2027.do

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2010/05/288_54391.html

BTW: It didn't upgrade any other BRIC member. So, India remains #3 in 2050...

Last edited:
Lol, Raul, your dream paper is outdated. Check out the new [ridiculous] 2009 Goldman Sachs "predictions."

It states that China will surpass the US in PPP by 2016. And at an average growth rate of 9.5%, it will surpass the US in nominal GDP by 2027 if its currency appreciates by 2% annually, 2025 if by 3% and 2020 if by 5%. (I believe the Chinese currency is climbing 2.7-3% this year)

China]Business | London Evening Standard ‘will be the world’s biggest economy by 2027.do

China to Overtake US by 2027

BTW: It didn't upgrade any other BRIC member... So, India remains #3 in 2050...

common so why not wait till 2027... at least if u chinese cant wait till 2040....

but first reach there then beat ur own drums....:D

17 years thats almost 2 decades.... u dont knw what will happen in next year.....

obviously both India and China have growth potential....but these silly reports which smtimes claim India to be this , n china to be this are nothing but a figment of imagination and based on assumption of if things continue like this......nw that isa big if...isnt it..??

better if we dont go by their mirage and rather concentrate on working rt now... and boast only when we are actually there....
unlike the day dreaming chinese, living in fantasy world who seem to behave as if they are already world power..lol...

ans shying away frm reality that it is a long period of time and nothing is sure about future...who will be whether India or China is just a guess...

and these guesses were for Japan also... u know where it is...
so the best thing is to first reach n then boast....irrespective of these reports which country will be there at top in 2040 is not sure.....if history is any example.... it could be anyone India, China or some other country also......it is folish to take for granted these reports for 30 years ahead...and think u r already there....lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom