What's new

China vs India -- from Japan's point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I don't wanna get into this vs. stuff, but that article was written in '03 and has already been proven to be inaccurate as it has seriously underestimated China's growth potential. It predicted a steady decline of Chinese real GDP growth rate, down to ~6% by 2010, but the actual rate was at ~9% even through a global recession.

exactly these reports cant be trusted... what will be reality in 2040 or 2027 or any other time will be clear only then....u r few of the sensible chinese who dont live in day dreaming mode....

India and China both have the potential so does few other countries, but it will be seen only with time which one is able to realise the full potential.....time will be the best judge...

All indian on Fire! Are they hit hard by some one?

Now, I don't wanna get into this vs. stuff, but that article was written in '03 and has already been proven to be inaccurate as it has seriously underestimated China's growth potential. It predicted a steady decline of Chinese real GDP growth rate, down to ~6% by 2010, but the actual rate was at ~9% even through a global recession.

It also underestimated India’s growth potential. But it doesn’t take away the board points it put forward and better than any of this forum members prophecies

Please find the link on India

http://www.usindiafriendship.net/viewpoints1/Indias_Rising_Growth_Potential.pdf

It also underestimated India’s growth potential. But it doesn’t take away the board points it put forward and better than any of this forum members prophecies

your link is almost wrong already, it didn't expect global slow down perhaps? its showing china as surpassing japan in gdp in 2014'ish, i firmly believe that will be achieved by the end of this year(or already). but its just a forecast we will only know once we get to 2040

your link is almost wrong already, it didn't expect global slow down perhaps? its showing china as surpassing japan in gdp in 2014'ish, i firmly believe that will be achieved by the end of this year(or already). but its just a forecast we will only know once we get to 2040

Why you people are concentrating on issues such growth rates, China surpassing Japan or China surpassing US. Appreciate the broader points of the report

Yes and its called-Reality.

The reality for Rohul only exist in 2040. That is call lack of self confidence.

Its like some kids would say "My dad is bigger than your dad" . This guy is saying "My grandkid will beat up your grandkid" How pathetic and childish.

I'm glad that not all Indians are like him.

common so why not wait till 2027... at least if u chinese cant wait till 2040....

but first reach there then beat ur own drums....:D

17 years thats almost 2 decades.... u dont knw what will happen in next year.....

obviously both India and China have growth potential....but these silly reports which smtimes claim India to be this , n china to be this are nothing but a figment of imagination and based on assumption of if things continue like this......nw that isa big if...isnt it..??

better if we dont go by their mirage and rather concentrate on working rt now... and boast only when we are actually there....
unlike the day dreaming chinese, living in fantasy world who seem to behave as if they are already world power..lol...

ans shying away frm reality that it is a long period of time and nothing is sure about future...who will be whether India or China is just a guess...

and these guesses were for Japan also... u know where it is...
so the best thing is to first reach n then boast....irrespective of these reports which country will be there at top in 2040 is not sure.....if history is any example.... it could be anyone India, China or some other country also......it is folish to take for granted these reports for 30 years ahead...and think u r already there....lol...

You are the one who like to talk about India in the year 2040.. Its funny you are advising others not to look ahead. Do you even listening to your own suggestions. Or you only bring up the year 2040 if it suit your arguement and tell other people to look at today if it also suit your arguement. You are full of common sense that others canot see.:rofl:

that is why i say CHinese live in denail and day dreaming mode....:D

they dont want to even wait till they reach where they want to be...
they are all so much filled with insecurity about future....interesting....all chinese are like that..??? day dreamers/living in future and not present or some also live in reality..:lol:

I see no Chinesel live in the future. Only Rahul Indian live in the future. Stop day dreaming. live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself. In the mean time, if you really care about your country, help take care of the social and sanitary situation in your country.

Perhaps, but it hasn't been proven yet. The previous report predicted a 5-6% year-on-year increase in real GDP for India up to now, and the current report show that India has indeed had a 5-6% yoy increase in real GDP. The previous report predicted a slow drop to ~6% increase up to now for China, but the reality is that China held steady at ~9%.

I see no Chinesel live in the future. Only Rahul Indian live in the future. Stop day dreaming. live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself. In the mean time, if you really care about your country, help take care of the social and sanitary situation in your country.

People live in present but work for future and please remember tomorrow will not take care of itself. You have to take care about your tomorrow

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Perhaps, but it hasn't been proven yet. The previous report predicted a 5-6% year-on-year increase in real GDP for India up to now, and the current report show that India has indeed had a 5-6% yoy increase in real GDP. The previous report predicted a slow drop to ~6% increase up to now for China, but the reality is that China held steady at ~9%.

So what is you point?

People live in present but work for future and please remember tomorrow will not take care of itself. You have to take care about your tomorrow

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

So what is you point?

My point is that your statement hasn't proven to be valid yet.

All indian on Fire! Are they hit hard by some one?

Chill man.

Your turn will also come, may be somewhere in 5000 AD. Till then let it be between two growing countries.

2040 Scenario: (in all probability), China is ahead of India. And Pakistan, Where is it?

I am impressed by the indians like you footmarks. i feel sorry for the pain u have. we grow to be power or not, we will always be able to kick somebody's arse!

Economies grow for two reasons,

Either they have something cheap to offer like labor or resources.

After 2015 china's working population will be on decline and china has no technology/resources either to offer to world to become a super power.

This is zero sum game played by us at the end of the day west will still be a super power take it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom