China vows closer military ties with North Korea

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China vows closer military ties with North Korea
AP
BEIJING (AP) — China said Friday it would strengthen military ties with ally North Korea, amid continuing tensions between Pyongyang and Seoul and stalled efforts to restart nuclear disarmament talks.
The vow follows a three-day visit to the North by the Chinese military's top political commissar, Li Jinai, during which he told North Korean leader Kim Jong Il that China's army wanted to enhance understanding and mutual trust and strengthen practical exchanges with the North Korean military.
"This would promote the all-around development of China-DPRK relations, which are neighborly and friendly," China's official Xinhua News Agency reported. DPRK stands for Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the official name of North Korea's isolated hardline regime.
No details were given on what practical steps the sides intend to take, and the vow appeared to be more of a political symbol of continuing Chinese support for the regime than a blueprint for real cooperation.
Although Li's trip was likely planned in advance, recent remarks by President Barack Obama asserting the U.S. military's continuing presence in Asia have riled Beijing. Chinese government-backed scholars and state media say they see the strengthening of America's alliance's with the Philippines, Australia and others as a new form of encirclement aimed at blocking China's rising predominance in the region.
Chinese troops fought with the North against U.S. and South Korean forces during the 1950-53 Korean War, and the nations still have a mutual protection pact. China remains Pyongyang's most important diplomatic ally and is a key source of food and fuel.
Beijing refused to condemn the North after South Korea accused it of two deadly attacks last year. Tensions have slackened somewhat, but talks on ending its nuclear programs remain stalled.

In respond to Obama's "return to asia":cheers:
May be china is going to sell them J10B, Yuan submarine, T99G...and stuff...

I have always had this question in my mind and now would be the good time to ask it:

Why is the North known as the "Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea" When there is nothing democratic about that country :lol:

I have always had this question in my mind and now would be the good time to ask it:

Why is the North known as the "Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea" When there is nothing democratic about that country :lol:
because its one party system thats y u cant see the democratic aspect of it.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

china is north korea's only ally. it would be shameful to abandon them. north korea is also helpful in keeping the two US puppet states (south korea and japan) in check.
pakistan should start talking to north korea and start talking about getting missile technology and give them JF17 FC1

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

The first sentence is not particularly a point of pride
for who US?

It's one party, but afaik, the party itself is a representative democracy.

isn't north korea few months back warned china? isn't the guy who rules north korea a NUT and changes his decision like changing his dress?.... Trusting north korea is playing with fire.... Not a reliable ally i must say....

oh lol please stay away from that fat @$$ kim jong il family, they are stubborn and narrow minded people, both korean from the north to the south are never be a good friends 4 you to hang out with!!!

isn't north korea few months back warned china? isn't the guy who rules north korea a NUT and changes his decision like changing his dress?.... Trusting north korea is playing with fire.... Not a reliable ally i must say....

That was before Kim Jong-Il saw what happened to Gaddafi after he sucked up to the west and gave up his nuclear program.

oh lol please stay away from that fat @$$ kim jong il family, they are stubborn and narrow minded people, both korean from the north to the south are never be a good friends 4 you to hang out with!!!

We don't really like them, but they are our buffer zone.

DPRK says will deal merciless blow to aggressors

PYONGYANG - The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) warned on Sunday that if the United States and the Republic of Korea (ROK) dared to launch aggression against it, they would be "mercilessly beaten" by the Korean People's Army (KPA).

In a report delivered at the national meeting at the People's Palace of Culture to celebrate the 79th anniversary of the founding of the KPA, Vice Marshal Kim Yong Chun said the army had already clarified its principled stand on coping with the increasingly reckless provocations by the US and ROK's authorities.

pakistan and NK are two only chinese allies:lol:

... with North Korea having the fourth largest army in the world and maybe even 100 nukes or more, according to intelligence sources of South Korea, Russia and China.

uni3d.jpg

China has started getting wet in the pants seeing that the US of A has planned a big naval presence in the South China Sea, positioning of US Marines in Australia and other friendly countries bordering the South China Sea, and China's adversarial relations with all littoral countries including Japan, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Indonesia Brunei, and Malaysia.

The only 'ally' it has now in the region is North Korea. China is fast going overboard in its relations with all neighboring countries under the mistaken notion that being an emerging super power it has the same power and clout as the US of A and can therefore bulldoze its way around. Lame! :tdown:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom