What's new

China using Pak to slow India's rise

All I know he is an old man with smiling face who seems to be a nice person. You're all welcome if you can show me the other faced of him.

1959 Tibetan uprising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He tried to overthrow Chinese rule during the 1959 uprising. That is why we call him a separatist, and that is why some people are angry that he was hosted in India.

To his credit, he has so far not tried to start another revolt in China, and seems to have resolved himself to living a normal life.

Also, he officially states that Tibet is a part of China, so I'm not too worried about him. What I'm worried about... is what his successor might be like. If his successor openly supports Tibetan independence, then that will be a big problem.

Last edited:
I feel a little funny, a visa is denied, you think it is interference, there even is a exile government in India, it is India's internal matter, not to interfere in China, you have been living in self-illusion?

Bro, no point for arguing with people playing some "wording game" cos deep inside himself, he knew exactly DL is a "Chip"of India against China.
Thats why i always respect some aggressive but at least honest Indians that will openly admitting DL's role in India.

Do you know the Dalai LAMA's "Greater Tibet" program? You know he even think about all the people of other nationalities to leave Tibet? Do you know what he did in Tibet in 2008?

See the whole world respects the Dalai Lama. I have attended a couple of his addressing personally and I have a lot of respect and admiration to this man. There is a reason why he got the Nobel Peace prize. I have seen hatred towards him from only the Chinese and there is no way you can convince me that he is promoting unrest in China.

The unrest in Tibet AR in 2008 was the result of the local people opposing the Chinese govt. If you have evidence that Dalai Lama instigated this, then please let the world know.

How exactly, enlighten me?

You still didn't answer my question of having any prove of India being the root cause of the troubles in Tibet. Once again, I have no problem China, Western countries, Pakistan to give asylum to anyone not happy with Govt of India. I'll have problem if they let them to engage in activities which will harm India or Indians physically.

You need a prove? What proof? The Tibetan independence movement base camp in India, it is proved ,you think that they do nothing in that? They plan in India, they organized a worldwide anti-China activities in India, they support the Tibetan riots in India in 2008, they organized a global event to prevent the Chinese Olympic torch in India. What you want to know? CIA and the Indian government to provide armed to Tibetan exile government to organize guerrillas in the past?

Last edited:
1959 Tibetan uprising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He tried to overthrow Chinese rule during the 1959 uprising. That is why we call him a separatist, and why some people are angry that he was hosted in India.

That's an awfully bad example. China under Mao did many things which shouldn't have been done to Tibetan during that period, I'd refrain from mentioning those.

But that was 50 years old issue, we fought a war with China in 62, should I consider China an enemy of India just because of that?

Give proof of India supporting Tibetan secessionists or stop ranting. Even Dalai Lama says he only wants autonomy, but seems you guys have more issue with him personally than to his ideology!

Your house being full of thieves can be termed as the best proof that you is also a thief.

That is a metaphor, so no personal abuse.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion about the Indian support for Dalai Lama as you put it......

See India is a democracy, and I mean a democracy in a literal sense of the term.We have a constitution which guarantees

1) freedom of debate to everyone irrespective of whether it insults any country, individual , state , state representative , any form of authority , any institution .....

2) Freedom of political activity , holding processions , strikes ,demonstrations

3) Freedom of movement of all residents in any part of India, abroad ....

4) Freedom of meeting any individual , representative of government ,state dignitary etc.

and these rights are guaranteed to all including the Dalai Lama and every -one of his followers as it is to all Indians .
There is no way these can be taken away by the government , not even under exceptional circumstances , ( except maybe for a military emergency )....and certainly not on ordinary matters like in order to appease a foreign state . This is similar to any other western democracy in the world.

I 've already explained that expecting India to expel the Tibetan would be like expecting us to compromise on our national soveriegnty.

That which is in the power of the Government i.e stopping all armed activities overtly or covertly directed to challenge Chinese control over Tibet, declaring Tibet is an integral part of China ....has already been done by the Indian Government.

for instance during the Sri Lankan civil war , a huge number of people in the state of Tamil Nadu were against Govt policies on support to the Sri Lankan Govt and openly expressed their dissent.They could not be stopped from using their right of free expression.
Again , at the moment Barack Obama is in India and there are a huge number of communist party supporters against the visit who are holding demonstrations and expressing their disapproval. Neither can they be stopped from doing so.

Coming from a different political system in China where there is relative uniformity in both administration and opinion, it may be difficult to visualize why the Indian Government cannot "control Tibetan Protesters " like the Chinese government does many of its dissidents but that is a characteristic of our pluralistic and tolerant society .......and no government in New Delhi can do anything that contravenes this .

So officially we 've done all that could be done , but what you are asking is not within the power of the Government to do.....

you are tolking alot of bulls, it is a well know fact there are restictions imposed on him of what he can or cannt say. you india always interfer in other country internal affairs, that s why all yr neighbour hated you.

You need a prove? What proof? Base camp on the Tibetan independence movement in India, it is proved that you think they do nothing in that, they plan in India, they organized a worldwide anti-China activities in India, they support the Tibetan riots in India in 2008, they organized a global event to prevent the Chinese Olympic torch in India. What you want to know? CIA and the Indian government to provide armed to Tibetan exile government to organize guerrillas in the past?

Tibetan unrest is your homegrown problem, we have nothing to do with it.

They are entitled to protest in India against anyone as long as they remain peaceful and don't break any laws.

Actually there's more protesting against imagined American nefarious imperialistic design in India than against any other country barring Pakistan. Thankfully, America don't consider us enemy or think of waging war against us, must say they are smart folks.

But that was 50 years old issue, we fought a war with China in 62, should I consider China an enemy of India just because of that?

I don't consider India to be an "enemy" and neither does the CCP. China's historical enemy is Japan, and our primary strategic/economic rival is the USA.

China, India not opponents but partners: Chinese Premier - People's Daily Online

The hosting of the Tibetan government in exile and the 1962 war are two related events that are often brought up in relation to each other.

One person will mention that China back stabbed India, and another person will reply that India back stabbed first, by hosting the Tibetan government in exile. It just ends up with a huge argument and nothing ever comes out of it, in my experience at least.

China should start supporting Hurriat leaders frm IOK .... Most of them are arrested regularly or are under house arrest..... Heck IOK is DISPUTED and worlds most militarized JAIL with almost a 100000 dead and millions of alive innocent prisoners.

Your house being full of thieves can be termed as the best proof that you is also a thief.

That is a metaphor, so no personal abuse.

Will your take offense if I tell you 'commie thieves', nothing personal, just a metaphor!

Actually there's more protesting against imagined American nefarious imperialistic design in India than against any other country barring Pakistan. Thankfully, America don't consider us enemy or think of waging war against us, must say they are smart folks.
Thats well put Abir... saw a bunch of protests against Obama the other day in Mumbai... lol... these idiots.

The hosting of the Tibetan government in exile and the 1962 war are two related events that are often brought up in relation to each other.

What do you thing hosting Tibetan Govt in Exile has attained us so far? How is this advantageous to India to host them? There have been pressure of not hosting them from our left block, thankfully govt took a more humane approach towards those poor folks.

Bro, no point for arguing with people playing some "wording game" cos deep inside himself, he knew exactly DL is a "Chip"of India against China.
Thats why i always respect some aggressive but at least honest Indians that will openly admitting DL's role in India.

Well said.

If you have stayed in a Indian forum before, you will find Indians behave quite differently when they are left alone, say when they are in their own forum.

They will not hesitate in telling you that India is actually supporting Tibetan secessionists. Some of they even won't hide their territorial ambition over Tibet. They won't be shy to tell you they want to nuke China if possible.

But here in a Pak forum, we see a bunch of Indians who quote democracy and freedom as pretext again and again, but never dare to hit the point.

That is a very interesting observation.

如果要说“打太极”和“厚脸皮”,他们可能是世界第一了

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom