What's new

China using Pak to slow India's rise

I disagree. Whether or not the Indian government ever plans to use the Tibetan government in exile, nobody knows for sure. I personally don't think they will.

However, the mere fact that it is there, and spouting out anti-China slogans, is already taken into account when the CCP makes decisions. So it's already a geopolitical factor.

Central Tibetan Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, why else would the Indian government host the Tibetan government in exile, immediately after they failed to overthrow the Chinese government in 1959?

If Nehru truly believed in "Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai" then why host the very same people who tried to overthrow Chinese rule in Tibet?

We can disagree on our understanding of the so-called 'political chips' and the 'Tibetan government in exile'. That is okay.

Did I ever ask you any questions like 'why China did that or why they did not'. Heck...I don't even deny the historical facts about the events happened around 1959 and 1962. Let's leave the past in the past otherwise there will be no progress at all. All I said in my previous posts, if you read carefully, was that the Govt of India does not recognize the 'Tibetan government in exile' and does not support any anti-China activities. If there are still some issues, the two governments can discuss them through the diplomatic channels. And I believe they are already doing that.

"spouting out anti-China slogans" many Tibetans do that in other parts of the world.

We can disagree on our understanding of the so-called 'political chips' and the 'Tibetan government in exile'. That is okay.

Did I ever ask you any questions like 'why China did that or why they did not'. Heck...I don't even deny the historical facts about the events happened around 1959 and 1962. Let's leave the past in the past otherwise there will be no progress at all. All I said in my previous posts, if you read carefully, was that the Govt of India does not recognize the 'Tibetan government in exile' and does not support any anti-China activities. If there are still some issues, the two governments can discuss them through the diplomatic channels. And I believe they are already doing that.

Fair enough. :cheers:

You're right, I don't think such issues should get in the way of cooperation.

Fair enough. :cheers:

You're right, I don't think such issues should get in the way of cooperation.

:cheers:

I am happy that CardSharp did not see this thread, otherwise he would have bombarded me with his history lectures on 1962. :lol:

So to summarize:

1. Chinese think that the very fact that Dalai Lama is allowed to stay in India, as well as so many refugees, is a mistake on India's part.
2. Indians say, "hey, we are not allowing any anti-China activities, so whats wrong? They are just refugees".
3. Chinese say, "No, you cannot have them on your land, since they plot anti-China activities. India says, "NO,they don't, you better prove it".

And steps 1 to 3 repeat in infinite loop. I don't see any meeting point at all, there is no point in continuing the discussion. But the basic issue here is, if both countries are willing to put 50 year old events behind them, only then can there be cooperation.

Otherwise, we'll again see an era of opposing camps and alliances being formed, and another long long cold war.

...and why you think that Chinese media is different from the world media, and is always presenting factually correct and true stories to all Chinese people.

The Government of India does not recognize this so-called "Tibetan government in exile". Is it not enough, buddy?

It's futile to argue with them, they will keep repeating the same argument again and again like an automated bot and come up with same old riot story to blame India, I wonder if it was India behind the riots in Xiang Xing.

Heck, someone even made a strange innuendo of sipping me like wine or whatever! And they will keep thanking each other no matter how stupid the post is. :hitwall::hitwall:

It's futile to argue with them, they will keep repeating the same argument again and again like an automated bot and come up with same old riot story to blame India, I wonder if it was India behind the riots in Xiang Xing.

Heck, someone even made a strange innuendo of sipping me like wine or whatever! And they will keep thanking each other no matter how stupid the post is. :hitwall::hitwall:

Indeed bro .....they seem to be stuck on what they think India should do and not do regardless of whether reasonable or not. Though I gotta hand it to you......for having the patience to try and keep explaining to them for the last 12 pages :):):)

Indeed bro .....they seem to be stuck on what they think India should do and not do regardless of whether reasonable or not. Though I gotta hand it to you......for having the patience to try and keep explaining to them for the last 12 pages :):):)

What about guys like this one?

nice to see chinese guys posting such big words here sitting in foreign countries, when thier govt. is busy using anti-air craft guns on its own citizens.

He is a troll, what do you expect from him?

You're right I'll just ignore him. :tup:

Anyway the main point here, is that the Chinese government and the Indian government are cooperating.

Differences in our perceptions regarding Tibet, won't stop the cooperation. It's just something to sort out for the future.

You're right I'll just ignore him.

Yeah just report them. I usually report trolls regardless of nationality.

Differences in our perceptions regarding Tibet, won't stop the cooperation. it's just something to sort out for the future.

Why the perception matters as long as India considers Tibet as a part of China, which she already does?

Just curious, is Dalai Lama a fugitive according to China? I mean is he convicted of fuelling riots by Chinese courts or High Command?

You're right I'll just ignore him. :tup:

Anyway the main point here, is that the Chinese government and the Indian government are cooperating.

Differences in our perceptions regarding Tibet, won't stop the cooperation. It's just something to sort out for the future.

Bro , no Indian interested in a real debate is taking those comments seriously.

But there are some people who keep repeating old arguments, its as if they dont read a word we write...

Witness that young lady who wrote

" I dont care if you are a democracy , what you are doing is duplicitous, dishonest ,expel the Dalai Lama at once .....etc "

and to be fair you ve been facing a lot of criticism from some Chinese members for your moderate tone too , :)

Why the perception matters as long as India considers Tibet as a part of China, which she already does?

Like I said, the fact that the "Tibetan government in exile" exists in India, and continues to send out anti-China slogans, is potentially very dangerous for China.

In geopolitics, we can't just "trust" that it won't ever be used in the future, as a political weapon. Who knows which party might be elected to the next Indian government, and what their policy might be with regards to Tibet?

I respect differences in perceptions, and I don't consider one side to be absolutely "right" or "wrong". I do think increased communication over such issues is a good thing though.

The final statement is that China is not using Pakistan for slowing down India. Pakistan is fully capable of doing this job alone. . :lol:

Like I said, the fact that the "Tibetan government in exile" exists in India, and continues to send out anti-China slogans, is potentially very dangerous for China.

In geopolitics, we can't just "trust" that it won't ever be used in the future, as a political weapon. Who knows which party might be elected to the next Indian government, and what their policy might be with regards to Tibet?

I respect differences in perceptions, and I don't consider one side to be absolutely "right" or "wrong". I do think increased communication over such issues is a good thing though.

Fair enough. China has all rights to be suspicious and thus preparing for possible future change of India's Tibet policy.

But China's Kashmir policy, which is solely based on China's relation with Pakistan, isn't comparable to/influenced/justifiable by India's present Tibet policy. Yeah, Arunachal could be a possible bargaining chip for China for any possible alternation of Tibet issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom