What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

I'd imagine that the Chinese wish they'd gotten these sooner, now that their HQ-29 seems to be on the verge of entering service (if it hasn't done so already).

To help Russia's military industrial complex and to balance the trade.

I think another reason is for China to make a comparison between it's technology and that of Russia.
Since China was behind till very recently it would make sense to compare it's technology with the best that Russia has to offer.

I think another reason is for China to make a comparison between it's technology and that of Russia.
Since China was behind till very recently it would make sense to compare it's technology with the best that Russia has to offer.
Actually, the Russians initially doubted their S-400 will be copied by the Chinese. There was a debate over it and finally, they arrived at a conclusion that S-400 is too complex to be copied. And no, when it comes to defense tech, Russia is miles ahead. Be it Naval vessels, Fighters, missiles, you name it.

Actually, the Russians initially doubted their S-400 will be copied by the Chinese. There was a debate over it and finally, they arrived at a conclusion that S-400 is too complex to be copied. And no, when it comes to defense tech, Russia is miles ahead. Be it Naval vessels, Fighters, missiles, you name it.

What does Russia have that is anywhere near the Type-55 destroyer that China is building?
What does Russia have that is anywhere near the J-20 fighter that is in operation?

If Russia is really "miles ahead" then why does Russia show strategic insecurity about China's military capability/prowess? I'm talking about military d eployments Russia does near China such as Iskander and stuff. If China was no military threat(partly based on military tech available and used) then why does Russia sometimes show insecurity? i agree Russia is ahead of China in military technology but i think China has almost caught up, or is making up for that disadvantage in other ways.

Then why don't have destroyed compare to type-52 with AESA and why they don't build stealth jets comparable to j20 and j31 Su-57 just a flattened flankers with worst stealth features among all 5th gen jets, in submarines, missiles and jet engine fields they slighty ahead but rest:disagree: i agree with you they have technologies and experience to build top class weapons

Last edited by a moderator:
China is involved in S-400 development and funding part of it. As everybody knows, you can never get any money back from Russian once your money goes in. Same like IL-76 deal of USD 1.6billion paid but not able to deliver. Instead 10 refurbished one will act as compensation.

China will always have a backup plan for a real plan. Buying a few limited of these S-400 will ensure the money is not totally wasted. Not saying S-400 is not good but intergrating these unit into Chinese military network will be a challenge.

So why do you need clarification; I thought you knew every thing? This is what happens when you use too many emoji of :hitwall:
Sorry bro My mistake bro don't take it too personal but they having s400 in limited numbers they have sufficiently HQ-9 they invest s400 project:angel:

This is really close to the truth, we have just been catching up from the last ten years, better not to be overconfident before all those home made new system deliver to PLA and forms solid ability.

So
...Agni-5 is now irrelevant?
My friend, imagine when your country has the concern to deal with US strategic force, either another Agni-5 or 6 or 7,does it really matter that much? The country was and is going to focus on the US and Jap mainly without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom