What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

The S-500 does everything that the S-400 can, but better. S-500 also has ABM and CMD capability. The reverse is not true. The only reason the S-400 won't be phased out is because it's cheaper per pop. From a reverse-engineering perspective, there's no reason to buy a S-300 upgrade, with no new features.

You guys either have problems upgrading your own S-300 copies or the Russians are forcing you to buy this by leveraging your need for their engines.
S-500 is not suitable for countering aircraft, drones, cruise missiles.
You could see the tube of S-500,which is much larger than S-400's,which means the missile is much larger with more range, higher speed.
You could see the SAM 2, SAM3,SAM6 in US and HQ9,HQ19 in China.

Using ICBM to do IMBM 's job is not a good idea.

Last edited:
The S-500 does everything that the S-400 can, but better.

No it can't and it is not better at everything.
The S500 is a larger specialized complement to the S400.
It cant and wont replace the role of S400.

Russia Confirms: It plans to start shipping the S-400 air defense missile system in China recently
2017-12-09 18:24:12 Sina Aspect Author: Missy military first I have something to say
Russian media said that Sergey Chemezov, general manager of the Russian state technology group, said it planned to start shipping the S-400 air defense system to China recently.

According to the Russian satellite network reported on December 7, Chemezov in response to a reporter's question, said: "S-400 ... ... is in the production. We are all in accordance with the contract."

Reported that the S-400 "Triumph" is the latest long-range air defense missile system. It is used to destroy aircraft, cruise missiles and ballistic missiles, including medium-range missiles. The S-400 can also be used to combat ground targets. S-400's maximum range of up to 400 km, to destroy high-altitude targets up to 30 km. The Russian military installed the missile system in 2007. S-400 "Triumph" air defense missile (NATO named SA-21 Growler) is a new generation of long-range air defense missile systems.

Reported that the system can be used in the strong electronic interference, day and night, regardless of geographical and climatic conditions.

The S400 "Triumph" air defense missile system includes: combat control units with radar detection facilities, up to 6 air defense missile systems, each equipped with a radar station with a total of 12 launchers; 2 anti-aircraft missiles; ancillary facilities: Highly radar and mobile towers.

S400 "Triumph" air defense missile anti-aircraft aerodynamic range of the largest over 250km, minimum 3km. The maximum kill target height of 27km, a minimum of 0.01km. Killing tactical missile target range: up to 60km, minimum 5km. Kill target speed up to 4800m / s. The system is adjusted from the state of the march to the deployed state for 5 minutes, and the system is adjusted from the deployed state to the battle-ready state for 3 minutes. Ground device life of at least 20 years, 15 years of anti-aircraft missiles. A set of air defense missile systems can shoot up to 6 targets at the same time.

2216-fypnsip2687731.jpg

(Special Statement: The contents of the above articles only represent the author's own point of view, does not represent Sina point of view or position. For content, copyright or other issues, please contact the Sina within 30 days after the publication of the work.

Last edited:
The backwards confidentiality system and publicity strategy may be account for the upcoming rumour, saying the next-gen SAM of China is an S-400 knockoff, which has already happened on HQ-9 and S-300.

This SAM will get bad publicity because of S-400. They will say that this system is a S-400 copy. I think China should publish this SAM first before they allow S-400 to come.
Bad publicity is only for commoner and those with no basic military knowledge. When comes to country to country sales and dealing. Many countries top commander are very rational and would want demonstration and in depth explanation. They are not easy fool by those fake western articles which spread malicious lies. China has already exported their missile system and if they feel Chinese HQ-9 is copy of inferior. I doubt they would buy it in the first place.

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/78081

https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/54d...stan-dan-uzbekistan-beli-hq-9-sam-dari-china/

The backwards confidentiality system and publicity strategy may be account for the upcoming rumour, saying the next-gen SAM of China is an S-400 knockoff, which has already happened on HQ-9 and S-300.
HQ-9 is not a S-300 knockoff or exact copy ... it is influenced by the S-300 but to call it a "copy" would be very exaggerated. If anything, it incorporated elements of the PATRIOT SAM system. I think the HQ-9 is more of a hybrid than a "copy" ...

Bad publicity is only for commoner and those with no basic military knowledge. When comes to country to country sales and dealing. Many countries top commander are very rational and would want demonstration and in depth explanation. They are not easy fool by those fake western articles which spread malicious lies. China has already exported their missile system and if they feel Chinese HQ-9 is copy of inferior. I doubt they would buy it in the first place.

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/78081

https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/54d...stan-dan-uzbekistan-beli-hq-9-sam-dari-china/
The HQ-9 is not a copy of the S-300 ... :hitwall:

HQ-9 is not a S-300 knockoff or exact copy ... it is influenced by the S-300 but to call it a "copy" would be very exaggerated. If anything, it incorporated elements of the PATRIOT SAM system. I think the HQ-9 is more of a hybrid than a "copy" ...

The HQ-9 is not a copy of the S-300 ... :hitwall:
Hi, are you ok? Why are you quoting and make them stupid expression? Can you read my post properly.

That's it. Actually the one mentioned in the article is one of the main forces of the next-gen SAM.

Thanks. Could you elaborate a bit on the difference between the HQ-19, HQ-29, HQ-26, and the above missile? Are some of them the same system?

Thanks. Could you elaborate a bit on the difference between the HQ-19, HQ-29, HQ-26, and the above missile? Are some of them the same system?
Both HQ-19 and HQ-26 were meant for anti-ballistic missile. I don't think HQ-29 exists, as for now.

Why do you think it is HQ-29?

I think the text "HQ-29" was mentioned in a few papers. Are you saying that its designation may be different, or that such a missile (PAC-3 counterpart and SAM) does not exist at all?

Back
Top Bottom