What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

throughout time, ancient people kept wondering about a few basic questions:
1. why the sun keeps shining
2. why apple keeps falling down from the tree to the ground
3. why all the worlds strongest powers would like to collect other people's goods

when they are friends, they get the best from you:
Sovremennyy class destroyer
china buys more russian S-300
Sukhoi Begins Su-35 Deliveries to China

whey they are not friends, they try harder to get the best from you:
AMERICAN FLANKERS
US buys Su-27 fighters from Ukraine for ‘aggressor’ training

when you corrupts, others take over and make yours shin better:
‘We Need To Hold Our Noses,’ Buy Russian RD-180 Engines: SecDef

why?
why?
why it is like that in this world?
... or why not? :yu:

I think another reason is for China to make a comparison between it's technology and that of Russia.
Since China was behind till very recently it would make sense to compare it's technology with the best that Russia has to offer.

China has managed to develop the much more complicated technology like the DN-3.

To compare the S-400 to the DN-3 is like to compare the conventional sub to the nuclear sub.

China's reason to purchase of the S-400 was purely geopolitical just like the purchase of the Su-35, and China can undoubtedly develop the SAM equal or superior to the S-400 on its own.

Actually, the Russians initially doubted their S-400 will be copied by the Chinese. There was a debate over it and finally, they arrived at a conclusion that S-400 is too complex to be copied. And no, when it comes to defense tech, Russia is miles ahead. Be it Naval vessels, Fighters, missiles, you name it.

There's understanding between Russia and China that Su-27 case will not happen again. I'm more believed that China want to 'learn' from compare theirs and Russian counterpart hardware. Russian war tech like S-400 and Su-35 are already tested on Syrian theater. Own and operating these hardware will give Chinese better understanding for creating their own system. S-400 export was 'copy' (of course degrade) of original S-400 that operated by Russia, so what the point for China to 'straight copy' anything from copy of original while China do not want ruin their strategic relationship with Russia? Do you ever think about it? The fact is there's no totally 'decades, thousand miles or copy these or that'. Your comment nothing than 'copy and paste' from media.

What does Russia have that is anywhere near the Type-55 destroyer that China is building?
What does Russia have that is anywhere near the J-20 fighter that is in operation?
What comes first is always Economic, without cash, nothing can be done.

China has managed to develop the much more complicated technology like the DN-3.

To compare the S-400 to the DN-3 is like to compare the conventional sub to the nuclear sub.

China's reason to purchase of the S-400 was purely geopolitical just like the purchase of the Su-35, and China can undoubtedly develop the SAM equal or superior to the S-400 on its own.

What is DN-3 ?

screen%20shot%202017-10-16%20at%2085629%20pm.png

• A storm has damaged parts of a Russian S-400 missile defense system as it was being shipped to China.
  • The damaged components will be transported back to Russia for evaluation before being delivered to China at a later date.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A storm has damaged parts of a Russian S-400 surface-to-air missile system while it was being shipped to China, RIA news agency said on Friday, quoting a Russian official.

China became the first foreign buyer of the system from Russia under a contract signed in 2014.

The vessel has brought back the damaged components to Russia's port of Ust-Luga for evaluation, Mariya Vorobyova, spokeswoman for the military and technical cooperation service told RIA.

They would be delivered to China at a later date, she said.

She gave no details about the damaged components but described them as secondary.

Russia also signed a deal to supply the S-400 missile system to Turkey late last year.

(Reporting by Polina Devitt; editing by Richard Balmforth)

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-st...00-system-on-its-way-to-china-ria-2018-1?IR=T

Again, its russian state media

let just wait . and we will see

Chinese state media officially never say it bought long-time controversial SU35 and S400

we make much better weapons than russia now

we don't need any more russian weapons

some say china is just leasing them for trials

Last edited:
I just merged them, but it was exactly two posts above your new thread. :azn:
Well... It's an incident about S-400... I can understand it's similar...but not many could see "this incident" happen...with this current title...
Anyway...

Well... It's an incident about S-400... I can understand it's similar...but not many could see "this incident" happen...
Anyway...

yes, but it is related to the S-400 and as such fits nicely into the regular thread. Otherwise others would like to post each and every new report about each and everything in separate threads and I try to keep a streamlined system here in order to not to have to many threads.

yes, but it is related to the S-400 and as such fits nicely into the regular thread. Otherwise others would like to post each and every new report about each and everything in separate threads and I try to keep a streamlined system here in order to not to have to many threads.
Now that you changed the title of this thread... I understand the move.

Back
Top Bottom