What's new

China threatens US with retaliation

China is defenitely in a position to threaten usa(only russia and china can do that at present)but not in a position to win a war with usa.It would be mutually assured distruction if every they go to full scale war or a us victory if they fight a limited war(until china can match us in acs,stealth aircrafts,lasers etc)So i think china did the most effective thing-threatening usa(since us knows china can inflict damage even without a war)I think it is not a bad move by China.

I must say some words here
One day if a Chinese carrier group has a co-exercise with Sri Lanka ,and 10 days later has another co-exercise with PAK at the sea nere Mumbai,says that :"if any one attack our carrier, it means nuke bomb attacking US,we will use nuke missle!",How do Indian think about?definitely a Nuclear blackmail
US threatens China but not China theatens US~~

I must say some words here
One day if a Chinese carrier group has a co-exercise with Sri Lanka ,and 10 days later has another co-exercise with PAK at the sea nere Mumbai,says that :"if any one attack our carrier, it means nuke bomb attacking US,we will use nuke missle!",How do Indian think about?definitely a Nuclear blackmail
US threatens China but not China theatens US~~

Actually it is a rather standard policy of a country operating Aircraft Carriers. ACs are strategic assets and covered by an implicit threat of "grave" retaliation.

China is defenitely in a position to threaten usa(only russia and china can do that at present)but not in a position to win a war with usa.It would be mutually assured distruction if every they go to full scale war or a us victory if they fight a limited war(until china can match us in acs,stealth aircrafts,lasers etc)So i think china did the most effective thing-threatening usa(since us knows china can inflict damage even without a war)I think it is not a bad move by China.

In my opinion, only Russia can threaten the US with MAD, not China. China can only threaten with inflicting unacceptable losses. Plus, it would not just be the US that the Chinese would be fighting... the Europeans (NATO), the South Koreans, the Japanese, the Australians, the Indians, the Taiwanese and to a lesser extent, the Russians will all pitch in against the Chinese. All these might not support with boots on the ground, but would definitely engage in trade embargoes, psy-ops, intelligence gathering and logistical support aimed at disrupting the Chinese war effort.

China is not threatening USA, it is the opposite.

CHina is not that stupid to initiate a confrontation that it can not win. It is a response towards the US threat of putting a carrier assault force next to China's capital city.

What kind of stupid discussion this is, people China is not a weak country and is not to be taken weakly, particularly by us. I would urge all the Indians to refrain from this silly talk. And also China is very clever and mature country, there would be no such situation. Its only some person venting his ego and anger. China is not a country to start such a foolish errand.

What kind of stupid discussion this is, people China is not a weak country and is not to be taken weakly, particularly by us. I would urge all the Indians to refrain from this silly talk. And also China is very clever and mature country, there would be no such situation. Its only some person venting his ego and anger. China is not a country to start such a foolish errand.

Well said buddy, as i feel Chinese and Indian members are getting along quite well this period of time then came a few newbies jump in shooting all kind of BS on a thread that had nothing to do with Indians, wonder what will be benefits for all these?

Regarding the topic, any sensible people will realize there will be no war between China and US cos both cannot afford the damages done with each other.
We better hope that won't happen cos its not going to be a conventional one, we know very well it will be a one way ticket for China to fight US conventionally, so our only aim will be taking US along with us, being in such life and death desperate mode, i don't think China will be hesitate to nuke anyone getting in our way.

About Russia, they are smart people, they know the best for them is to wait till a total destroyed China and seriously damaged US will be their best interest.:wave:

Blogs of the Chinese military punditry may lead people into believing U.S is going to conduct air raid on Beijing next week and we're heading to an all-out war.

The way I see this, the increase on Chinese military budget this year has been very modest and a lot of PLA hawks are not happy. Hence their need to play up public anger against the U.S and scare the leadership into giving them more money next year. One can bet next year we'll see a major budget increase for the Chinese military.

Yay! Another "The U.S is bad" and "Pakistan is better then India or India is better then pakistan" thread.

I was starting to get worried, we haven't had one of these threads in atleast 5 minutes...... :disagree:

/me yawns.

You're all boring.

I totally understand how people say chaina this or that, It shouldn't act this way or the other, but i know one thing . There isn't any other country on earth that US is worried about but china, You can yaap all you want in other counties but when you step in US., Dam rite US take China serious. Even i have seen many americans now sending their kids to learn chines, now if you ask me i didnt hear that you are BSing butlol im not talking about bronx or harlam or anyother getto where most of the desi live. Go greenwich CT westchester county all over all the rich areas and CT state and manyothers. Americans are now getting their small kids lessons to learn chinies so i would say US is taking china as a next power regardless if its in 20 years or 200!!! US doesnt even talk about russian threat but now it's worry about China. so Cute the crap here whoever thing China is a push over for anyone, Regardless it's Pakistan EU or INDIA. None is a match with US then china in coming days. WAKE UP lmao

Yay! Another "The U.S is bad" and "Pakistan is better then India or India is better then pakistan" thread.

I was starting to get worried, we haven't had one of these threads in atleast 5 minutes...... :disagree:

/me yawns.

You're all boring.

You are right, its getting really annoying including some fake dumbo opening threads regarding racist, white supremacist propaganda trash.:lol:

its just pressure game

china know they has capability to fight with USA

now if china beat USA then china will be superpower but the fact is china has to keep India its side now even UK France will go against the china

usa -chna is fight for future power

Actually it is a rather standard policy of a country operating Aircraft Carriers. ACs are strategic assets and covered by an implicit threat of "grave" retaliation.

In my opinion, only Russia can threaten the US with MAD, not China. China can only threaten with inflicting unacceptable losses. Plus, it would not just be the US that the Chinese would be fighting... the Europeans (NATO), the South Koreans, the Japanese, the Australians, the Indians, the Taiwanese and to a lesser extent, the Russians will all pitch in against the Chinese. All these might not support with boots on the ground, but would definitely engage in trade embargoes, psy-ops, intelligence gathering and logistical support aimed at disrupting the Chinese war effort.

If you want to bring India into the line of fire, go ahead. but I think your leadership is smarter than that. Same with Russia, they're far too smart to actually do anything, rather just wait on the side for when USA is down to kick it.

As for the other countries, only Japan is a credible conventional threat.

Okay back on topic, What would China use as justification to send a similar warship to Pacific? USA has Japan as an excuse who are painfully close to you geographically. Unless they're violating your legal territorial waters, isn't it illegal to resort to any military measures according to some UN treaty?

The so called rataliation by Chinese would not be a real fire fight as thought by many netizens, the worst and unlikely to happen is that Chinese air defence shooting at US jets that "mistakenly" fly into Chinese air space, in which case Chinese can claim legality to their action.

The more likely scenario would be Chinese carry out their own joint airforce-naval exercise in the same area, and ships from both side locked in mock battle, trying to disrupt the others, and a lot of electronic stuff like radar tracking and weapon lock in, jamming and spying onto each other's communication.

There is simply too much to lose for both US and China to have war.

If you want to bring India into the line of fire, go ahead. but I think your leadership is smarter than that. Same with Russia, they're far too smart to actually do anything, rather just wait on the side for when USA is down to kick it.

As for the other countries, only Japan is a credible conventional threat.

My post was more of a current read on the military balance in Asia and difficulties that China faces. It was in direct response and context to a member's comments. Also, I do realize that China's leadership is more inclined to bide its time and not engage (Cold War style) the Americans as yet.

Finally, while I am of Indian descent, I am Canadian. So "they" are not my leadership.

Back
Top Bottom