What's new

China threatens Delhi

Why indians getting hot under the collar on this thread. cant you hanble it chinese dont likey you. simple as that. They are right to put incredible in its place

Dont be so quick sure on your feeling sir, Pakistan said same words for America & India some years ago & was proud of her relations with America. Now what I am seeing is totally :cry:

read what your felow country men said

Chinese Trains, Indian Trains

We travelled from Beijing to Shanghai by the high-speed train days after it was introduced. A week later, on our return journey from a holiday in the land of dragons, we took a train from Ernakulam town in India's southern Kerala state to Coimbatore, across the border in Tamil Nadu. Both the journeys were completed in under five hours. Distance between Beijing and Shanghai: 1318 km; between Ernakulam and Coimbatore: 178 km.

The coaches of the sleek-nosed, gleaming, white Chinese train could match the cabin of a commercial airplane, constantly cleaned by uniformed women attendants on the lookout for any litter.

“Mom, the train is dirty,” said a little girl with a distinct American twang, holding her nose tight as we boarded the Indian train. Her NRI (non-resident Indian) mother and grandfather shushed the little one, lest some patriotic Indian consider her observation blasphemous.

“She is only telling the truth,” said my wife as the girl looked at the elders triumphantly. A ticket examiner said apologetically,” We can’t do anything as the cleaning has been handed over to a private party.”

The two trains are symbolic of the wide gap in the developmental graphs of the world’s two fastest growing economies and the way they are going about it, as your graph has projected.

Like the high-speed train that was introduced on June 30, eve of the 90th birthday of the Communist Party of China, hurtles from the clean Beijing South railway station to the snazzy Shanghai, the country’s financial hub at over 300 kmph, the country seems to be dizzyingly zooming towards its single-hearted pursuit of super power status.

“Why is that we are unable to do what the Chinese are doing?” my wife constantly asked as we took in the capital city with its impressive six-lane highways and eyes-pleasing landscaping, the Forbidden City and other tourist spots, kept spectacularly clean, despite the thousands who visit the sites every day.

I said China had a policy that controlled migration of rural people to the urban centres.
“What’s the population of Beijing,” she asked.
About 20 million, I said.
“That’s more than Delhi’s population. Still look at the difference,” my wife said pointedly.

If Beijing was a revelation, spanking Shanghai was a confirmation that we have decades to catch up with our neighbour.
No one was seen urinating or defecating on the roadsides or along the railway tracks, a ubiquitous part of Indian scenery. The reason was not difficult to find. The Chinese have built lavatories across these cities, helping the people maintain their personal dignity. And these public conveniences are kept spotlessly clean, mostly. Many of these were set up ahead of the Beijing Olympics.
The Chinese trains, however, have not been without their share of glitches. Hours after we arrived in Shanghai, heavy rains and lightning brought the entire Bullet train system on the sector to a halt. Local news reports said the passengers were stuck in the fully-sealed trains for over two hours and there was panic onboard.

A collision between two high-speed trains on July 23 near the city of Wenzhou that left over 35 people dead underlines the need for improving safety measures. The speed of the Beijing-Shanghai train, which was initially planned to run at 350 kmph, was reduced to 300 kmph and later to 250 kmph due to these concerns.

“We have accidents almost daily even when our trains run at bullock-cart speed,” my wife underlined the irony.
You just can’t win some arguments

read what your felow country men said

Chinese Trains, Indian Trains

We travelled from Beijing to Shanghai by the high-speed train days after it was introduced. A week later, on our return journey from a holiday in the land of dragons, we took a train from Ernakulam town in India's southern Kerala state to Coimbatore, across the border in Tamil Nadu. Both the journeys were completed in under five hours. Distance between Beijing and Shanghai: 1318 km; between Ernakulam and Coimbatore: 178 km.

The coaches of the sleek-nosed, gleaming, white Chinese train could match the cabin of a commercial airplane, constantly cleaned by uniformed women attendants on the lookout for any litter.

“Mom, the train is dirty,” said a little girl with a distinct American twang, holding her nose tight as we boarded the Indian train. Her NRI (non-resident Indian) mother and grandfather shushed the little one, lest some patriotic Indian consider her observation blasphemous.

“She is only telling the truth,” said my wife as the girl looked at the elders triumphantly. A ticket examiner said apologetically,” We can’t do anything as the cleaning has been handed over to a private party.”

The two trains are symbolic of the wide gap in the developmental graphs of the world’s two fastest growing economies and the way they are going about it, as your graph has projected.

Like the high-speed train that was introduced on June 30, eve of the 90th birthday of the Communist Party of China, hurtles from the clean Beijing South railway station to the snazzy Shanghai, the country’s financial hub at over 300 kmph, the country seems to be dizzyingly zooming towards its single-hearted pursuit of super power status.

“Why is that we are unable to do what the Chinese are doing?” my wife constantly asked as we took in the capital city with its impressive six-lane highways and eyes-pleasing landscaping, the Forbidden City and other tourist spots, kept spectacularly clean, despite the thousands who visit the sites every day.

I said China had a policy that controlled migration of rural people to the urban centres.
“What’s the population of Beijing,” she asked.
About 20 million, I said.
“That’s more than Delhi’s population. Still look at the difference,” my wife said pointedly.

If Beijing was a revelation, spanking Shanghai was a confirmation that we have decades to catch up with our neighbour.
No one was seen urinating or defecating on the roadsides or along the railway tracks, a ubiquitous part of Indian scenery. The reason was not difficult to find. The Chinese have built lavatories across these cities, helping the people maintain their personal dignity. And these public conveniences are kept spotlessly clean, mostly. Many of these were set up ahead of the Beijing Olympics.
The Chinese trains, however, have not been without their share of glitches. Hours after we arrived in Shanghai, heavy rains and lightning brought the entire Bullet train system on the sector to a halt. Local news reports said the passengers were stuck in the fully-sealed trains for over two hours and there was panic onboard.

A collision between two high-speed trains on July 23 near the city of Wenzhou that left over 35 people dead underlines the need for improving safety measures. The speed of the Beijing-Shanghai train, which was initially planned to run at 350 kmph, was reduced to 300 kmph and later to 250 kmph due to these concerns.

“We have accidents almost daily even when our trains run at bullock-cart speed,” my wife underlined the irony.
You just can’t win some arguments

Oh yes you are all mighty and we are ?..
So what?
be proud of you and don't yell at us for our needs and what we have?
Your country was never a colony of the west were as due to our peaceful nature in the past were sujucated to slavery and descrimination. And we are just 66 years old as a free and independent nation. we have a stable governance for the last 6 decade and will have so for the rest of the time.
I never wanted war of wards with any member of this forum, but looking at the way you cirticize others for what they have and not seeing at the value by deeds. I would say you are no different from a Nazi who discriminated and commited genocide againt a race for being what they are.

Economy 4times does not matter, you can't buy any weapons.
We all know quality of Chinese junk weapons.

We all know that, buddy!

You especially learnt the quality of Chinese junk weapons in 1962, when China couldn't buy weapons and your GDP was bigger than China's.

:lol:

Chinese Dragon,
To quote you India’s economy is likely to grow at 6.5% by mid-2012
I do not know about you, but I am still in 2011

In 2011?

But your PM said in 2004: in 5 years world forgets Shanghai and talk Mumbai.

He's in 1 year and your PM was in 5 years. :lol:

china is acting like a boogeymen but we are not kids.

5312164.jpeg

do we really have to worry what the Chines are planning to do to us, we have a effective government to diplomatically deal with the Chinese and if all hell breaks we have a effective Armed force to safe gaurd the Indian Territory.
why should we invite more trolling by counter arguing with the forum super heros from China who evaluate man by the wealth and comfort he enjoys rather than the deeds of his personality.

So your memory is limited to 5 years ?

In fact I keep forgeting what breakfast I take in teh morning, but I can clearly remember 1962 when India's national spine was broken by low weapon quality China which had lower GDP than India and nowhere to guy weapons.

In fact I keep forgeting what breakfast I take in teh morning, but I can clearly remember 1962 when India's national spine was broken by low weapon quality China which had lower GDP than India and nowhere to guy weapons.

2 incidents in history have left a indelible mark on your brain. Man, your national pride so hollow, you measure it keeping India as gauge. Why ? fear that those memories may be erased ??

Not are you only mathematically challenged , you are also grammatically challenged . The naval chief did not say India did not have the guts to fight , he said India could not win a fight against China .

If China ever thrusts war upon us , we don't need to win , we just need to lob a few nukes on your east coast and that would affectively ensure MAD ( mutually assured destruction , since you are challenged in more ways than one) .;)

Most of you nukes are just some low-level dirty bombs and your missiles aren't that reliable.

So our AMD is not really concerned about the ability of your strategic arsenal.

We all know that, buddy!

You especially learnt the quality of Chinese junk weapons in 1962, when China couldn't buy weapons and your GDP was bigger than China's.

:lol:

We were peace loving country. Stupid Nehru trusted Chinese. Chinese just back stabbed.
Where is attack after almost 50 yrs.

First try to take or unify taiwan first and boost about GDP later.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

do we really have to worry what the Chines are planning to do to us, we have a effective government to diplomatically deal with the Chinese and if all hell breaks we have a effective Armed force to safe gaurd the Indian Territory.
why should we invite more trolling by counter arguing with the forum super heros from China who evaluate man by the wealth and comfort he enjoys rather than the deeds of his personality.

Nehru was thinking samething. We should never trust Chinese.

Every one who is talking about a nuclear war, remember this that the last time it was used on human subjects it caused a scar on humanity, any one can search for minerals and oil in international waters and China has to right to dig in Indian Ocean and we have the right to dig the South China sea as long as we do not mess up entering each others maritime boundry set by the UN which is 12 km from the shore.
So just chill out and lets explore natural resources for each others benift rather than trolling with who can beat the sh|t out of the other.
I have been telling this on each and every forum where internet super heros fight a war of words on behalf of their respective countries and I think I would have to say this every day until I am dead.

Come out of your wells and see the world as a place of opertunity for co-existance not a place to bomb each other off the face of earth after all we inhibit his small planet and we do not have a alternate to shift our butt$.

The best way for china to wind up india is to arm pakistan to the teeth. Please Indians keep upsetting chinese lol

Back
Top Bottom