What's new

China takes rights activists into custody

Yes, in the English language, when people refer to "Chinese people" they are usually referring to ethnic Han Chinese.

I don't see many Indians for example, referring to Tibetans and Uyghurs as ethnic Chinese.

Being a Chinese citizen is not the same as being an ethnic Chinese person.

really you feel the need to make a bigger fool of yourself. go ahead and show me where in the english language it says when saying Chinese people it = speaking of hans or whatever- go ahead. I know everyone is watching how you keep digging that hole deeper.

you know how many times your people including you have said "Americans are so and so" ( negative)? if I took your ignorant stance then you Chinese are a bunch of flaming racists. heh

really you feel the need to make a bigger fool of yourself. go ahead and show me where in the english language it says when saying Chinese people it = speaking of hans or whatever- go ahead. I know everyone is watching how you keep digging that hole deeper.

you know how many times your people including you have said "Americans are so and so" ( negative)? if I took your ignorant stance then you Chinese are a bunch of flaming racists. heh

When have I ever said that "Americans are so and so", please give me a link. :D

And for the record, do you consider Tibetans and Uyghurs to be ethnic Chinese people?

Here is the definition btw:

Chinese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term Chinese people may refer to any of the following:
* People with Han Chinese ethnicity (often simply referred to as "Chinese" or "ethnic Chinese" in English).

Han Chinese make up the overwhelming majority of China, and an even bigger majority in the overseas Chinese community. So it is natural that when people refer to "Chinese people" they are referring to Han Chinese, not the Zhuang, the Tibetans or the Uyghurs.

dude! who said HAN ? he said Chinese people... learn to make the distinction..

You have no clue what you are talking about. :rofl:

By your definition, I can't be racist against Indians without naming one exact ethnic group. :D

The difference being, of course, that China is nearly mono-ethnic while India is not.

When have I ever said that "Americans are so and so", please give me a link. :D

And for the record, do you consider Tibetans and Uyghurs to be ethnic Chinese people?

Here is the definition btw:

Chinese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lets try reading this slowly this time.... when one says Chinese are incapable of blah blah... it means your citizenry.. not a particular race. racist is when its towards your race and not citizenry .

lets try reading this slowly this time.... when one says Chinese are incapable of blah blah... it means your citizenry.. not a particular race. racist is when its towards your race and not citizenry .

No he makes claims against me a American citizen as being incapable of independent thinking as well because I am Chinese.

Any other excuses?

LOL you humilated yourself by trying to be clever.

I will take your advice though, and if I say "Indians have low IQ" then that is not racist, since Indians are not a race. :D

The phrase "Chinese people" though does refer to Han Chinese in particular, since we are an overwhelming majority, as shown by the above definition.

No he makes claims against me a American citizen as being incapable of independent thinking as well because I am Chinese.

Any other excuses?

These guys don't care about the fact that you are an American citizen.

All they see is that you are ethnically Chinese, and you get insulted the same as the rest of us. :azn:

Back
Top Bottom