What's new

China supports Pakistan's stand on Kashmir - Chinese Premier Li Keqiang

I'll ask you a question, and please try to answer it from a neutral standpoint.

Looking at the current foreign policy of India regarding Kashmir (after the Uri attack), and China on Kashmir (CPEC), which country is looking at it more through an emotional prism?

The points I mentioned, Aksai Chin and CPEC are all pragmatic concerns, not emotional ones.
Can you please elaborate what changes you noticed in India's Kashmir policy after Uri attack?

Oh c'mon now, your WHOLE foreign policy revolves around Pakistan and to some extent China.

So much so, that the other countries of the world have made it a joke "want to do business with India, say something nasty about Pakistan and you are in".

Shiri Modi and your media would attest.

You know nothing about history of your own foreign policy, let alone India's. So, lets call it a quit.

Can you please elaborate what changes you noticed in India's Kashmir policy after Uri attack?

You know nothing about history of your own foreign policy, let alone India's. So, lets call it a quit.

You mean apart from India's government officials screaming about "surgical strikes" (or even nuclear war) with Pakistan? :P

I'll ask you a question, and please try to answer it from a neutral standpoint.

Looking at the current foreign policy of India regarding Kashmir (after the Uri attack), and China on Kashmir (CPEC), which country is looking at it more through an emotional prism?

The points I mentioned, Aksai Chin and CPEC are all pragmatic concerns, not emotional ones.

Indians have always been very emotional bunch of people and are unable to solve those strategic issues in a mature manner.

Look at this from a third country perspective (someone from outside Asia): A country with the second largest population on earth and with all those tall claims of being a future super power or being the first 100 trillion economy, she is still held hostage by fanatic hindus and is not able to solve "minor issues" like Kashmir (in greater design of things, yes it is a minor issue).

So yes, their whole foreign policy is completely based on emotionalism and not pragmatism, not one bit!

I ask you a counter question. If you were in a position of India what would you have done?

I never blame any country for looking after their national interests.

As for your question, firstly I wouldn't assume that another country bears the guilt of a domestic terrorist attack without significant proof.

But assuming there was signficant proof, then sure our reaction would probably be the same as India's.

As for your question, firstly I wouldn't assume that another country bears the guilt of a domestic terrorist attack without significant proof.

But assuming there was signficant proof, then sure our reaction would probably be the same as India's.

Thank you. Really appreciate it.

Indians have always been very emotional bunch of people and are unable to solve those strategic issues in a mature manner.

Look at this from a third country perspective (someone from outside Asia): A country with the second largest population on earth and with all those tall claims of being a future super power or being the first 100 trillion economy, she is still held hostage by fanatic hindus and is not able to solve "minor issues" like Kashmir (in greater design of things, yes it is a minor issue).

So yes, their whole foreign policy is completely based on emotionalism and not pragmatism, not one bit!

Oh!! Yes, yes. Three covert and one overt military invasion are examples of mature manner. Seems we Indians have a lot to learn maturity from you.

Last edited:

And now look from our point of view.

India has been actively sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan for the last half century and there is ample proof of that. Still doing via BLA and TTP terrorists and even threatening CPEC by these proxies.

And instead of revising this policy, every now and then a "Samjhota Express" or "Uri" pops up, where Pakistan is blamed within minutes of the attack and without any significant investigation.

For how long India can continue being the agressor wearing victim mask?

I don't think this game can continue fooling people around the world for very long time.

You can't have one policy for own and a different one for another.

Big powers--which China certainly is now--often have double standards. Look at America: Saudi Mullahs (the King and down) are okay while Iran's are not okay. Just saying :)

Yes, on the whole, China will stay 'neutral' about Kashmir in public diplomacy but will continue to support Pakistan in practical terms. Pakistan truly is China's best friend especially in the India-China equation. It doesn't even need elaboration. Perhaps even after the border disputes between India-China are resolved they will remain significant rivals.

Big powers--which China certainly is now--often have double standards. Look at America: Saudi Mullahs (the King and down) are okay while Iran's are not okay. Just saying :)

Yes, on the whole, China will stay 'neutral' about Kashmir in public diplomacy but will continue to support Pakistan in practical terms. Pakistan truly is China's best friend especially in the India-China equation. It doesn't even need elaboration. Perhaps even after the border disputes between India-China are resolved they will remain significant rivals.
A very, very rational input.

Assuming for a while that Pakistan's foreign policy revolves around India, one could completely understand, since Pakistan being the smaller country considers India an existential threat.

What is your excuse? You plan to be a super power, the first 100 trillion economy and the whole focus of your foreign policy is a small country (relatively speaking) Pakistan?

If that is not emotionalism then what is?

It doesn't matter who supports Pakistan on Kashmir, the current status quo will remain i.e. no azadi, no changing borders or any of that.

Any increase in strife or militancy within the valley will be dealt with as it always has been, militarily, and eventually plays into Indian hands as there will be little opposition to any ramped up efforts to defeat the jihad should it get that bad.

"International pressure" is a non issue here, Pakistan and the rest of the world will have no option but to sit and watch if the army goes all out to stamp out jihadists from Kashmir. The world has very little appetite for Islamist causes these days anyway.

Double standards yes (especially when it comes to foreign countries), but the policies of major nations will always be consistently towards their own national interests.

So while it seems like double standards from the outside (and the double standards are definitely there), the underlying logic is much more consistent.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom