What's new

China-Russia Strategic Partnership: News and Analyses

‘West is just double talk, I want more ties with Russia & China’ – Duterte

The Philippines should have stronger ties with Russia and China, as Western nations are only interested in double talk and disregard Philippines interests, President Rodrigo Duterte told RT and other Russian media ahead of his visit to Moscow.
The Philippines leader is due to arrive for a five-day visit on May 22.

Duterte said that while he has nothing personal against Washington, his country needs a change in its foreign policy to separate it from American interests.

“I have nothing against America, [US President Donald] Trump is my friend. But my foreign policy has shifted. I want to deal with China and Russia. Because in Western world, it’s double talk,” he said.

“You treat me as if I’m your colony still. You must be kidding! We’re an independent country. I want my country to be treated with dignity,” he added.

Duterte has repeatedly expressed his desire to have countries such as China and Russia provide military hardware for the Philippines.

This week, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana signed a letter of intent with Chinese state-owned arms manufacturer Poly Technologies on future purchases.

Next week, Duterte is expected to sign a similar agreement in Russia on his visit to Moscow and St. Petersburg. Speaking to Russian media ahead of the visit, Duterte said he will not leave Philippines national security dependent on Washington.

“If my country collapses, who will bring it back? The US? We need weapons,” he said.

“Russia sells weapons, no conditions. With the US it’s a different story. They make conditions. But I’m not gonna stand on bended knees.”

The Philippines is a former US colony which has a military alliance with its former master. For decades, three-fourths of its arms purchases came from US suppliers.

Duterte says he does not want his country dragged into a potential US confrontation with China.

“They want me to fight China. With what? Do I have cruise missiles? It’s gonna be a massacre! And then what? We’ll sit at the bargaining table and be like – I want this, and they say I want that. Do I look stupid?” he said.

On May 22, 2017, China (COMAC) and Russian Manufacturing Group (UAC) joint venture - China Russia international commercial aircraft Co., Ltd. (CRAIC) was established in Shanghai.

The joint venture company is responsible for the joint operation of the new generation of long distance wide body aircraft project. China COMAC chairman Jin Zhuanglong and general manager He Dongfeng, Russian United aircraft group president Yuri Slyusari, Russian United aircraft group responsible for civil aviation operations vice president, Sukhoi civil aircraft company president Uraki Slav Masanov attended the inaugural meeting of the joint venture.

the main business scope is product development; technology development; aircraft manufacturing; marketing; customer service support, consulting; project management and other related business. In the concrete implementation of the project, the joint venture company will make full use of the advantages of both parent companies and carry out the development of a series of wide bodied passenger aircraft. The joint venture company will set up a board of directors and a board of supervisors in accordance with the modern corporate governance structure.
005Ayu5Yly1ffu7i4f64gj31kw11xe84.jpg

The president is from United Airlines Group President Uladislav Masanov who is also the vice president of United aircraft group Su Huoyi civil aircraft company; the general manager ,Guo Bozhi, is appointed by COMAC. The board of directors of the joint venture company consists of eight people, four from China and four from russia.
005Ayu5Yly1ffu7ipzhb2j31kw11xe84.jpg

The Sino Russian long-range wide bodied aircraft is a major strategic cooperation project in the high-tech field under the background of the comprehensive strategic partnership between China and Russia. In June 25, 2016, under the testimony of President Xi Jinping and President Putin, the COMAC and UAC signed a joint v
enture contract . Based on the principle of "equal cooperation, complementary advantages, mutual benefit and win-win results", and adhere to the joint development, international cooperation and international standards. the joint venture company has completed the business registration procedures, and obtained a business license. The name of the joint venture company is China-Russia Commercial Aircraft International Co., Ltd (CRAIC) which is located in Shanghai and start to work today.

according to CCTV, the new generation plane has 280 seats, wide body, and 12000 km flying range , will enter service in 10 years, maybe c929.

Finally some progress on this realm.

Chinese, Russian plane makers launch JV to build super jet
China Plus Published: 2017-05-22

A joint venture has been announced between the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) and United Aircraft Corp (UAC) of Russia.

734ac619-1475-fec6-a2b4-676ff875dcba.JPG

A model of a jetliner is displayed at the launch ceremony of the China-Russia Commercial Aircraft International Corporation Limited in Shanghai on May 22, 2017. CRAIC is a joint venture between the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) and United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) of Russia. [Photo: sina.com.cn]

The two have announced on May 22, 2017, the creation of the China-Russia Commercial Aircraft International Corporation Limited (CRAIC), with a goal of engineering a new wide-body jetliner dubbed the "C929."

The jetliner is reportedly being designed to compete with Boeing's 787 Dreamliner and the Airbus 350, which currently dominate the global wide-body airplane market.

COMAC Chair Jin Zhuanglong said the launch of the joint venture represents remarkable progress in the company's wide-body jet program.

"COMAC will cooperate fully with UAC to make the program a 'role model' in China-Russia cooperation."

In June, 2016, COMAC and UAC signed an agreement to establish the joint venture during Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to China.

The jetliner program was first conceived in 2014, Reuters reports.

The wide-body jetliner is being designed to accommodate 280 seats, and will have a range of up to 12,000 kilometers, according to COMAC.

Last edited by a moderator:
please move this article to

China-Russia Strategic Partnership: News and Analyses

which i did not notice before, thanks

China-Russia strategic partnership is getting deeper by the day. I think, with this cooperation, C929 will be finalized much quicker than the predecessor. Besides, the potential market will be much bigger.

We need to thank geopolitics, among others, for facilitating such strategic cooperation.

Youth exchange promotes China-Russia cooperation
By Zhang Junmian

The Chinese Youth Delegation pays a visit to the Lenin Memorial Museum in Ulyanovsk, Russia, on May 20, 2017. [Photo by Zhang Junmian/China.org.cn]

A Chinese youth delegation launched a seven-day visit to Russia on May 18, with the aim of promoting understanding and cooperation between young people from the two countries.

The delegation, which consists of around 100 delegates from the All-China Youth Federation (ACYF), was invited by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia and the Russian Union of Youth for a series of exchange activities in Moscow and Ulyanovsk of Russia. The members include young experts, science and technology personnel, entrepreneurs, journalists and college students.

The large-scale visit is carried out within the framework of a reciprocal visit agreement signed between the two countries in 2015, according to Wan Xuejun, head of the delegation and assistant chairman of the ACYF.

From 2014 to 2015, the China-Russia Youth Friendly Exchange Year was held in both countries, deepening mutual understanding, bilateral ties and traditional long-standing friendship.

The delegates visited the Red Square and watched the closing ceremony of the 25th Russian College Students' Art Festival in Moscow on May 19. The delegates were deeply impressed by Russian students' marvelous and enthralling performances at the art festival, which serves as the country's most important platform for young people to showcase their artistic talent.

On May 20, the delegation laid a flower basket at the Monument to Vladimir Lenin (1870 - 1924) in his hometown Ulyanovsk, and paid a visit to Ulyanovsk No. 1 Middle School, where the Soviet state founder once studied. They also visited the former residence of Lenin's family and learned more about his revolutionary life and activities at Lenin Memorial Museum.

The delegation will also attend the China-Russia Youth Forum to be held at Ulyanovsk State Universityon May 22.

Tatyana Kirillova, the vice president of Ulyanovsk State University, thought that young people from both countries can work together for the better development of bilateral ties.

Kirillova said, "I do hope the steps our two governments have taken can be followed by our young people in the future. They should understand the culture of each other, the language of each other and know the history to avoid making mistakes. The future is at the hands of our young people, and I hope they won't lose the opportunity our government gives them."

In 2015, heads of state of the two countries agreed to align development of the Belt and Road Initiative with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU).

The Chinese Youth Delegation pays a visit to Ulyanovsk No. 1 Middle School, where the Soviet state founder Vladimir Lenin once studied in Ulyanovsk, Russia, on May 20, 2017. [Photo by Zhang Junmian/China.org.cn]

Kirillova believed that the initiative will bring more opportunities for future cooperation and that the two countries should work together for common development.

Kirillova said, "Just as 50 years ago, we are friends, sisters and brothers, and we have one desire -- our country should be stronger and wealthier, and it is easier to do that together, so why not?"

"We know that China's economy is one of the strongest in the world now, and Russia is also strong, so why not combine our efforts for our future generations?"

Li Minghai, a member of Ganzhou Youth Federation in Jiangxi Province, said bilateral exchanges bring countries and peoples closer. Li stressed, "It is through bilateral exchanges that young people in other countries learn more about China and eliminate misunderstandings about China. This is good for us."

Zhou Dan, a student from Shanghai International Studies University and a volunteer for interpretation, believes bilateral exchanges promote youth participation and development.

"I am a member of the youth and I think such exchanges help us broaden our vision and learn more about other countries," said Zhou, who served as a volunteer when a Russian youth delegation visited China in 2015.

Nastya Fefelova, a junior in economy at Ulyanovsk State University, said Chinese young people help Russian people learn more about China. "I hope I can go to China in the future. China is developing very fast and we can seek mutual development."

China-Russia ties are at the highest level in history and the overall strategic cooperation partnership between the two countries has been developing steadily. Bilateral cooperation has been deepened in areas including education, energy, trade, manufacturing, sports, tourism and people-to-people communication.

Members of the Chinese Youth Delegation pose for a photo in front of the Monument to Vladimir Lenin (1870 - 1924) in his hometown Ulyanovsk, Russia, on May 20, 2017. [Photo by Zhang Junmian/China.org.cn]

The scene of the 25th Russian College Students' Art Festival in Moscow, capital of Russia on May 19, 2017. [Photo by Zhang Junmian/China.org.cn]

A project coordinator of the Chinese Youth Delegation is talking with his Russian counterparts on May 21, 2017. [Photo by Zhang Junmian/China.org.cn]

Members of the Chinese Youth Delegation experience local culture in Ulyanovsk, Russia, on May 21, 2017. [Photo by Zhang Junmian/China.org.cn]

http://www.china.org.cn/world/2017-05/22/content_40864178_8.htm

China and Russia are teaming up to take on Airbus and Boeing.
On Monday, the state-owned commercial aerospace enterprises of both countries formally established the China-Russia Commercial Aircraft International Co., Ltd or Craic.

The partnership will develop a new twin-aisle airliner that's meant to compete with the most advanced jets from Boeing (BA) in the U.S. and Airbus (EADSF) in Europe -- the 787 Dreamliner and the A350 XWB, respectively.
The new project has backing at the highest levels of both countries. Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin originally penned the agreement to join forces and take on the western jetliner industry in June 2016.

170523153716-comac-china-russia-c929-airplane-1-780x439.jpg

A model of the new Sinao-Russian airliner on display.
There aren't many details yet about what China and Russia are planning, but their new jet would carry about 280 passengers in three classes and fly roughly 6,500 nautical miles. It won't be ready for at least another 10 years.

China's aerospace industry is on a slow, but steady, ascent. The C919 from the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, or Comac, made its first flight on May 5, and is meant to compete with the single-aisle Boeing 737 and Airbus A320.
Russia is seeking to reestablish its own civil aerospace prowess, which thrived during the Soviet Union. Russia's state-owned United Aircraft Corporation is also developing a single-aisle airliner. That jet, the Irkut MC-21, is expected to begin test flights in the coming weeks.

But those rival jets haven't stopped the two countries from teaming up.

170523161141-united-aircraft-corporation-irkut-mc-21-780x439.jpg

United Aircraft Corporation's Irkut MC-21 undergoes its frst taxi and brake tests in May 2017.
170504221234-c919-4-780x439.jpg

Comac's C919 at a factory in Shanghai.
C
hina has established a variety of partnerships to help establish its aerospace industry on a world stage, including ventures with western aerospace suppliers to develop the C919. The new Sino-Russian partnership is also expected to tap western aerospace companies as well.

Related: The world's new planes in 2017

The new Chinese-Russian airliner doesn't yet have an official name, though it's been called the C9X9 or C929.

The new venture will be based in Shanghai near Comac's headquarters, according to a statement by UAC.

China is on track to be the largest commercial aviation market, surpassing the U.S. by 2030. Boeing estimates China will need $1 trillion worth of new aircraft over the next 20 years, including approximately 1,500 the size of the new Sino-Russian airliner.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/news/companies/china-russia-airplane-partnership/

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201705221053872148-philippines-russia-china-military/

The Philippines could start cooperation on anti-terrorism with China and Russia within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) and its Regional Antiterrorism Structure, Military analyst Alexander Perendzhiev told RIA Novosti.

1047423124.jpg

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte arrived in Russia on Monday to begin a five-day visit, marking closer relations between Moscow and Manila.

Before his visit, Duterte said that one of his top priorities is to secure Russian precision-guided bombs to use on Islamic militants in the southern Philippines.

"If they can spare us with the precision guided (bombs)," Duterte said when discussing the purpose of his trip. "We have so many smart bombs but not as accurate."

The Philippines is a traditional military ally of the US, but Duterte has expressed discontent with Washington's foreign policy.

In an interview with RT and other Russian media ahead of his visit to Moscow, the Philippines leader reiterated that his country should have ties with Russia and China, as Western nations are only interested in double talk and disregard Philippines interests.

"I have nothing against America, [US President Donald] Trump is my friend. But my foreign policy has shifted. I want to deal with China and Russia. Because in Western world, it’s double talk," he said.

"You treat me as if I'm your colony still. You must be kidding! We’re an independent country. I want my country to be treated with dignity," he added.

1053843558.jpg

Last month, the Philippines Defense Minister Delfin Lorenzana praised Russia's actions in Syria and said that he intended to discuss obtaining Russian military equipment at a meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu.

"We are looking at helicopters, submarines, maybe sniper rifles, drones and maybe some armor vehicles, that's what we are looking at," Lorenzana said.

Military analyst Alexander Perendzhiev, Associate Professor at the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, told RIA Novosti that Manila is keen to cooperate with both Moscow and Beijing in the fight against terrorism in Southeast Asia.

"The Philippines can create an alliance with Russia and China by joining or cooperating with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) and its Regional Antiterrorism Structure," Perendzhiev said.

"Last year, ISIL [Daesh] Mark II appeared in Southeast Asia. I said then that this was an anti-Chinese project that aims to weaken the influence of China in the region. Of course, this would be a blow to all the larger states in Southeast Asia, including the Philippines. Most likely, the Philippines President is saying this because he fears that this project will be realized. In this case, he can’t rely on the US because he suspects that this 'ISIL Mark II' might originate in the US," Perendzhiev declared.

1052881787.jpg

Although Duterte has threatened to terminate a pact with Washington that allows US troops to visit the Philippines, However, the analyst doubts that Duterte will be able to limit military coordination with the US so easily.

"The Philippines needs to begin by establishing tripartite cooperation institutions with Russia and China. It could begin as an observer of an existing structure like the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, and establish counter-terrorism cooperation within the framework of this structure."

On Monday, Duterte said his country is interested in purchasing Russian helicopters and planes, as well as precision-guided weapons, to fight against rebels across the country.

"We are just fighting a rebellion, just like in Russia. They are just a few numbers but [they are causing] havoc… You need intelligence and precision-guided weapons. We do not have that kind of technology. It is just arms, small arms and rockets that can hit earth with accuracy. And what is very importance with insurgency is helicopters and planes, not jets but propeller-driven — less expensive but more effective in fighting small number of terrorists in areas of conflict," Duterte said.

"Last year, ISIL [Daesh] Mark II appeared in Southeast Asia. I said then that this was an anti-Chinese project that aims to weaken the influence of China in the region. Of course, this would be a blow to all the larger states in Southeast Asia, including the Philippines.

Considering that the ISIS has been founded and supplied by the US government, as per Trump's revelations, that would not be a far-fetched prediction.

But, the US may have an Afghan Mujahadeen 2.0 before ISIS really begins to hurt regional peace in East Asia after Middle East has been put into disorder that will need two generations of hard work to correct -- if everything goes well.

It is very important that a regional response is devised against the threat in East Asia.

Considering that the ISIS has been founded and supplied by the US government, as per Trump's revelations, that would not be a far-fetched prediction.

But, the US may have an Afghan Mujahadeen 2.0 before ISIS really begins to hurt regional peace in East Asia after Middle East has been put into disorder that will need two generations of hard work to correct -- if everything goes well.

It is very important that a regional response is devised against the threat in East Asia.

There's no doubt about Uncle Sam's involvement. Abu Sayyaf, i.e. ISIS' franchisee in the Philippines, started a lot of trouble during Gloria Arroyo's administration, were docile during Aquino, and has reared its head again now that Duterte is in power. Notice a pattern? Even MILF, real grassroots Moro nationalists, have condemned Abu Sayyaf, despite sharing Islamic ideology.

The difference can be analogized to that between the Afghan Taliban, which is basically a Pashtun nationalist group, and the Pakistan Taliban (TTP), which is a Indian RAW/CIA sponsored terrorist front group.

Are there lot of Muslims in the Philippines? Because ISIS = Israelis Sabotaging Islamic States

Are there lot of Muslims in the Philippines? Because ISIS = Israelis Sabotaging Islamic States
Mindanao island has most of the Filipino Muslims, particularly the area called "Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao".

Link https://www.rt.com/politics/390928-russians-still-see-us-and/

Russians still see US & Ukraine as main foes, poll shows
Published time: 5 Jun, 2017 10:21

Russians see the United States and Ukraine as the most hostile nations towards them, a recent poll has shown. China, Belarus and Kazakhstan were named as the friendliest countries in the same survey.

The independent public opinion research center Levada asked Russians to name several nations hostile towards their country, with 69 percent of respondents mentioning the United States, 50 percent naming Ukraine and Germany, and 24 percent noting Latvia and Lithuania. Other countries mentioned included Poland, Estonia, the United Kingdom, Georgia, France and Turkey.

Just over half – 54 percent – of Russians see no sign of improvement in Russia-US relations. An additional 17 percent think that relations between the two have deteriorated over the past year, while just 21 percent told researchers that relations had improved.

Russians’ view on relations with the European Union was similar: 53 percent said they remained unchanged, 21 percent reported some deterioration in relations, and 14 percent said relations with European nations had improved.

When researchers asked the Russian public if they considered their country to be isolated from the international community, 46 percent said that it was, while 45 percent believed that not to be the case.

When asked about the
nations that they saw as Russia’s major allies, 46 percent of respondents named Belarus, 39 percent mentioned China and 34 percent named Kazakhstan. Other nations that Russians see as friendly are Syria, India, Cuba, Armenia, Tajikistan Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan.

Similar research conducted a year ago showed that the share of Russians who considered Ukraine to be one of the most hostile nations was 48 percent. The United States topped the list with 72 percent and Turkey was third with 29 percent. When asked about their own negative sentiments towards foreign nations, 70 percent said that they disliked the US the most, 62 percent named the European Union and 63 percent confessed to negative feelings towards Ukraine.

In a different poll conducted by Levada in late 2016, 63 percent of respondents said they would prefer Ukraine as an independent nation maintaining good neighborly relations with the Russian Federation.

Russia and China aim to sign AHL helo contract by end of year

Russia and China expect to agree terms on a joint heavy-lift helicopter project before the end of the year.

Rostec, which announced the expected agreement on 16 June, says it hopes to sign a contract with the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) for the Advanced Heavy Lifter (AHL) helicopter before the end of 2017.

"Negotiations on the conceptual model and configuration have been completed. At present, the draft contract between the parties is being prepared. We hope to sign the contract before the end of the year," said Victor Kladov, director for International Cooperation and Regional Policy of Rostec at the Fourth China-Russia Expo in Harbin, China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom