What's new

China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

no one is turning out to be a "bheegi" billi because there is no where concrete proof about ZDK -03 having AESA or not ....
so if you can show some proof regarding your claims show it...

Well you do not have to believe it. You may pass the proof to the IAF, we don't know that:cheesy:

Most of these characters are call center types.. best to leave it at that.

And what's wrong with Call Center types Mr Think Tank?. I am sure there are a bunch of such generalizations like Terrorist types and Taliban types that one could spew about some members with extreme views here... Would that be right? Both You and I know the answer to that.. So why degenerate even a misinformed discussion (in your view) into a slanging match?

EDIT: BTW, your comment about Bheegi Billi and Mods, reminded me of a cricket team in 80's that in their home series, was repeatedly accused of using the help of home team umpires (no neutral umpires in those days) to win matches. This seemed to be similar ;)

Last edited:
I have yet to hear of any "downgraded" Chinese systems in our service.. in quite a few cases.. our Chinese airframes have better avionics and systems compared to their relatives back home.

I think the past precedent of PAF modifying Chinese systems with Western subsytems and improving them will be a thing of the past. The reason being the improvement of China's technological capability, thus greatly reducing or eliminating altogether the disparity between Western and Chinese sub-systems.

This is presently shown in PAF's inability to find Western avionics for the JF17 that match or exceed China's offering. PAF will find greater reluctance by Western suppliers to sell Pakistan increasingly high-end technological capabilities than those offered by an already capable Chinese version, and this will be the constraining factor for Pakistan. Just how much higher will Western suppliers be willing to go? Not much higher than the Chinese, I'm afraid.

So the past examples in K8, F7P in which Pakistani versions were superior to Chinese domestic versions are likely to not be repeated again. What you will find is a new precedent of Chinese domestic versions being superior to exported versions including Pakistan. The ZDK03 may be the first of a long line of future and current precedents in which Chinese domestic version will be distinctly superior to the export version. And this is only possible because of China's rise in her technological base, narrowing the gap with the West.

Most of these characters are call center types.. best to leave it at that.
And it is an AESA...with an antenna design concept design similar to this
AN/APY-9 Airborne Early Warning Radar | Lockheed Martin
specifically.. this part:
"The new rotodome contains an electronically scanned array that provides critically important, continuous, 360-degree scanning."

agreed, we may know ithe exact type when it will enter the active service....but I dont think so PAF will leak or allow leakage of critical information about the project i.e. technical specs. so we may remain blind on this front for a larger period of time

If you dont know about something...isn't it better to keep quite....and btw here you wont find people shouting on their developments like in India where DRDO even annouces it estimates for possibilities in 2015. Pakistani Military has transformed into a black box where you dont know whats happening inside......the only sources are leaks here so if you are not convinced that it is not an AESA then quit the discussion. its very simple i guess no rocket signs:coffee:

This type of forums r considered as a source for discussing open source intelligence(means a form that involves finding, selecting, and acquiring information from publicly available sources and analyzing it to produce actionable intelligence)

So it will b better on relying on possible data than some assumed leaks,so announcing possibilities do have more credibility than leaks,meanwhile Pak military is not the only one which promote the custom of ur so called black box culture

And what's wrong with Call Center types Mr Think Tank?. I am sure there are a bunch of such generalizations like Terrorist types and Taliban types that one could spew about Pakistanis. Would that be right? Both You and I know the answer to that.. So why degenerate even a misinformed discussion (in your view) into a slanging match?

It would be better if you watch your step and control what's coming out from you.

He has not generalized Indians, he is talking about one specific kind of people who may have some attitude problem and spare time to troll here, which we have seen just recently by many Indian members in the AEW&C thread and the JF-17 thread.

So don't derail the thread by coming up with another rant, rather control your self and next time watch it what you say, as you are very close to the limit, rather you have crossed it, but being a senior member, you are being given a warning and next time keep this rant out and talk in the limit which is being talked about. Had all Indians been mentioned, then rant as you did above, or else no need.

This type of forums r considered as a source for discussing open source intelligence(means a form that involves finding, selecting, and acquiring information from publicly available sources and analyzing it to produce actionable intelligence)
discussion is a much broader word.....you can argue, you can imply, you can infer, but you should not impose. The problem is created when I start imposing my opening in the name of "technical facts"," I know better" and ,"I heard it from an elder one" attitude. Give an argument if one can, but the choice of acceptance lies with the other.If you don't want to accept my opinion or provide a better argument, The door is always open (i guess it the forum has more than 300 active threads) but dont irritate the others who are on topic.

So it will b better on relying on possible data than some assumed leaks,so announcing possibilities do have more credibility than leaks,meanwhile Pak military is not the only one which promote the custom of ur so called black box culture
whats the point in this whole sentence?

KJ200_Cockpit_2.jpg

k4b991.jpg

20axuef.jpg

:chilli:

Not sure if its KJ-200 or KJ-2000

I wonder what the insides of the ZDK-03 look like? I think they probably look similar to the KJ200 since they share the same platform, though if I'm not mistaken, isn't the KJ200 an AEW whereas the ZDK03 is meant to be a full AWAC?

It would be better if you watch your step and control what's coming out from you.

He has not generalized Indians, he is talking about one specific kind of people who may have some attitude problem and spare time to troll here, which we have seen just recently by many Indian members in the AEW&C thread and the JF-17 thread.

So don't derail the thread by coming up with another rant, rather control your self and next time watch it what you say, as you are very close to the limit, rather you have crossed it, but being a senior member, you are being given a warning and next time keep this rant out and talk in the limit which is being talked about. Had all Indians been mentioned, then rant as you did above, or else no need.

The intent was not to target all Pakistanis but some members with extreme views, but it seems I was not able to put that across clearly. Have made necessary changes to my post. However, my stand on type casting call center types still stands.. Would surely like to hear a response on justifying that typecasting..

The intent was not to target all Pakistanis but some members with extreme views, but it seems I was not able to put that across clearly. Have made necessary changes to my post. However, my stand on type casting call center types still stands.. Would surely like to hear a response on justifying that typecasting..

Listen we all know what you meant, lets leave it at that, and consider yourself lucky you were not shown the door.

May i ask why PAF is going for two AWACS platforms ? Was the Erieye not up to par ?

Listen we all know what you meant, lets leave it at that, and consider yourself lucky you were not shown the door.

The post was in response to TK and not you.. So please dont troll and certainly dont assume to know what I think

I know that the comment about showing the door is intended to inflame, so will not dignify that with a response..

May i ask why PAF is going for two AWACS platforms ? Was the Erieye not up to par ?

The biggest advantage in using 2 different awacs platform is in war time. If one gets jammed by enemies, second platform would work. So its better to have 2 different awacs

Back
Top Bottom