What's new

China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

The biggest advantage in using 2 different awacs platform is in war time. If one gets jammed by enemies, second platform would work. So its better to have 2 different awacs

Then you can have more then 1 and that would solve the problem if you could even jam them. most have pretty strong anti jamming equipment on board. Seems like it may be a logistics issue. Usually the AWACS is the one jamming you not the other way around.

May i ask why PAF is going for two AWACS platforms ? Was the Erieye not up to par ?

Self reliance was the approach of P. Musharraf.
To participate in AWACS development was his solo decision while PAF was interested only in Erieye.
it was Musharraf who reduce Erieye to 4 and diverted the funds to development of AWACS in collaboration with China.
Now we have 4 Erieye and 4 ZDK-03.
Operational point of view it shall not be a problem to operate and maintain both platforms.
It infect give us flexibility of operation with both western platforms and Chinese.

It seems i have missed the action - Congratulations countrymen :pakistan: :china:

The Karakoram Eagle

76432_1633783557550_1025517435_1784118_81434_n.jpg

Most surprising is the fact that there is no response from India?

Is it because they don't care, or is it that there is not much information on the acquisition??

By all accounts 8 AWACS is sure a big number, don't you think??

May i ask why PAF is going for two AWACS platforms ? Was the Erieye not up to par ?

Jigs this AWACS is more advanced than our Erie as it has greater range both in Radar and Air craft.

It provides 360 degree coverage which Erie doesn't , it has an AESA Radar similar to KJ-2000 (Phalcon:P).

Erie cannot be linked with JF-17 Thunder and upcoming J-10B and Jxx in the future (suspected arrival) because of the problems with sensor fusion. The SAAB 2000 is for our F-16s and Mirage ROSE and related American systems , ships etc.

The ZDK-03 will make up for our Chinese / co produced Fighters , Ships and ground hardware.

I hope its clear now.:D

Is it because they don't care, or is it that there is not much information on the acquisition??

By all accounts 8 AWACS is sure a big number, don't you think??

They would be quite concerned when they will get to know that how similar this radar is to the one they have got on those IL-76 (Phalcon)

assalam alaikum,

only one word , saaaaaaaaaadma (shock)

TARIQ

They would be quite concerned when they will get to know that how similar this radar is to the one they have got on those IL-76 (Phalcon)

but i read somewhere on this thread that the ZDK AWAC has a pulse doppler with extended range and not a AESA. sorry but i'm lagging behind on this info and would appreciate it if you explain if its a AESA or pulse doppler radar?

i just confirmed with my sources within PAF, its AESA based, ranged between 450 to 500 miles ....

Great achievement guys, this is huge !! HUGE for PAF !!!

I like the fact that our army never gives into hype and concentrates on delivering results within the required timeframe despite the heavenly odds all and does all of this in a quite professional way

Compare that to

310px-Gripen_MMRCA_ad_Delhi.jpg

Thats what i asked my source again, he said no its 450 to 500 miles, between 700 to 800kms !!!! Its huge, comparable to Phalcon i believe !!

i just confirmed with my sources within PAF, its AESA based, ranged between 450 to 500 miles ....

Great achievement guys, this is huge !! HUGE for PAF !!!

500 miles!!!!!!!!!!! Thats unbelievable !!!!!!!

Last edited:
500 miles in passive mode may be? Just listening and tracking other radar stations?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom